“Bummer turned AMAZING”

Wolf Haven International
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Tenino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Provides sanctuary for captive-born wolves, guided visits and educational programs about wildlife.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My mom, nephew and I went to Wolf Haven on July 12, 2014. It was an extremely hot day, 93 degrees. Too hot for the wolves, so the tour was cancelled. On the way out of the gift shop we met Diane Gallegos - Executive Director. She offered to show us some of the artifacts I.e. skulls, photos etc. and spent a good twenty minutes or more explaining about the wolves and the sanctuary. She was very attentive and informative and even though we left without seeing the wolves we all agreed it was well worth the drive from Seattle. If we make it back to Washington this is a definite on the must do. Thank you Diane!

4  Thank Cvando7
There are newer reviews for Wolf Haven International

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Please take the tour. Hosts are well informed about the species and take pride in this facility and what it does. Very educational. Just to look at one of these beautiful creatures face-to face and up close is moving. This is not a zoo nor a theme park. It is an educational and support center for the benefit of wolves.

4  Thank WisconsinRanger
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went to Wolf Haven last year and totally enjoyed it. The guides were very informative. I have lived in the area for years and can't believe I have never been here. I recommend this to EVERYONE!

3  Thank Joan E
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was an unexpected joy on our recent Spring Break trip. We enjoyed learning about and seeing the wolfs. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and informative. We learned a lot about why people should not have pet wolfs or breed them with dogs. The gift shop was nice also. If you are in the area I recommend this place especially if you have children.

2  Thank ilwacohawk
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a group of about 15 people of all ages and I didn't hear one bad review all day. The guide was very fun and full of knowledge and very eager to answer our many questions, you could tell he loved being there. The place is a bit hard to find but our GPS had no trouble finding the location. Could use a few signs on the road though. The walk in the field and thru the cemetary is well worth the time.

4  Thank LauraJW3