“Simply Delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Don Juan's Mexican Kitchen is a wonderful restaurant tucked in Tenino. I have been to this restaurant numerous times and have not left disappointed. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant is a great family friendly one. Most of the time the servers are approachable and kind to work with. You can choose wherever you want to sit which is nice. They recently got approved to have outdoor seating so that will be a bonus in the upcoming summer months. They have good music and I enjoy how they put up a couple of televisions for the World Cup.

I enjoy the food there. It has a lot of your "typical" Mexican dishes like the Tacos and Quesadillas. When you get your chips definitely order the guacamole as it is really great tasting. The have good options for both vegetarians and carnivores and are willing to work with you.

Overall, it's a nice place to eat out at on night where you don't feel like cooking. The owner, Juan is a great guy and so is the rest of his family that works there. They definitely make the place more welcoming. I've had a birthday party there and it was awesome. Stop by if you get the chance!

• Visited June 2014

Battle Ground, Washington
“Wonderful Fathers Day meal!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Came to the South Sound Raceway with plans of coming to Don Juan's after driving school after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. So glad we did!! Outstanding food!! We're from So. Calif. , but moved to WA, 18 years ago and this is by far the best Mexican food we have had!!! The Carnitas was delicious, the chile relleno superb, the guacamole amazing and on and on!! We live about 2 hrs south from here, but will definitely become a semi-regular customer!!

Frederick, Maryland
“Not great!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I was excited to visit this restaurant based on the reviews. I was not impressed though. The server was not overly friendly and got busy after I ordered. The food itself was ok but was not the authentic mexican I was looking for.

1 Thank Diane W
Rainier, Washington
“Not a Mexican food fan”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Mexican food is usually not my choice when eating out but that's because most people pick the chain Mexican restaurants which to me are horrible. My friend suggested this place and I was game since it was close and it was not a chain. The food was delicious and fresh. The owner (at least that's the impression we got) waited on our table and was extremely gracious and accommodating. When it was time to leave and we were packing up leftovers he noticed that my friend didn't have enough chips to go with her leftover guacamole so he filled a bag for her to take home. BTW, the chips were awesome. They should serve them with dusted with cinnamon and sugar for dessert.

The prices for some of the dishes may be a little high, but it's worth it.

• Visited April 2014
Ilwaco, Washington
“Worth going out of the way for!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was so happy to get on Trip Advisor and see all the positive rating for this amazing find. It is located in an unassuming parking lot of a grocery store. I like Mexican food, but mostly Mexican restaurants are typical and are I can just give them 3 stars. Not this place. 5 stars easy. The food is made fresh when you order. I took my family with me the first time and everyone ordered something different and everyone cleaned up their plate. I had the shrimp tacos, my partner had a vegetarian meal, my daughter had chicken nachos, and my son had the steak burritos. Everything was outstanding. It was so good we went back the next day and had dinner again. Service was great..even the chips and salsa were over the top good. The waitress then brought us some special salsas that were wonderful. The next night we had the guacamole which again was freshly made and wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about this place. We were totally surprised to fine a restaurant of this quality in Tenino.

• Visited April 2014