“What a spot!”

The Lady of the Lake
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Tenino
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
“What a spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stuck with the simple stuff. Fish & chips (Guinness batter made fish darker than usual) & hamburgers. Both very good even though cocktail sauce wasn't available instead of tartar. Fries decent but nothing to rave about. Fried garbanzo beans were fantastic (Aussie couple next to us order a second batch to go --- wonder how they'll be cold?). Mojito and blueberry cocktail were light, but good. But you come here for the ambiance! Rustic cabin on the lake! Adirondack chairs on the porch. Sunset was spectacular. Only complaint was food on the deck had to be served on take away boxes. But drinks in glasses were okay. Go figure! But this place is a rustic gem!

• Visited June 2014

Olympia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easter brunch at The Lady of the Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had the pleasure of taking my family of 6 to The Lady for Easter brunch...very impressed...
...the service was great and the food was amazing. Nothing fancy...but you can't beat the price and quality. My son loves Prime Rib, I quote...this is the best I have had in years. It was very relaxing and quaint for a family get together. We will be going again soon.
Lueanne Tripp
Olympia

• Visited April 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Good food; good service; quaint surroundings.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Last week we decided to try The Lady of the Lake for their Friday night 14 oz, prime rib dinner special. I have to say, it was THE best prime rib I've had the pleasure of enjoying for a very long time! The flavor was wonderful and it was almost fork tender. Some may consider the price a bit much--$24 per person--but that comes under the heading of "you get what you pay for". I asked for medium rare on the "rare side", and it was prepared perfectly! Dinner started with a "picture perfect" large dinner salad and choice of dressings.... I selected the house vinaigrette--very tasty and not overwhelming in flavor. Accompanying the prime rib (on the same plate) were a stirfry type mix of veggies, smooshie red potatoes (delish!) and a "toasted" slice of bread. The foods prepared are purchased locally. I like that as it tastes very fresh (not previously frozen) and helps support our local economy. We also enjoyed a bottle of red wine with our meal. Besides the great food, the service was friendly and timely. Lots of smiles and checking back with us to make sure everything was OK at our table. The restaurant is situated in an old building that started out as a restaurant in the early 1900's, sitting at the edge of Offutt Lake. The surroundings are quaint and tidy. It is generally a "casual dress" sort of place. They do have live music some nights and even a "bingo night". I think they have a private dining room as well. This is a good place for friends to get together and enjoy some good food, friendly smiles and good times. You might ask why I didn't give "The Lady" a "5"? Because the steps to the restaurant's porch entry are steep and somewhat long, which could be difficult or impossible for some diners to navigate.

• Visited January 2014