“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Bainbridge Island, WA
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We ducked into Toppenish on our way from Yakima to Fort Simcoe State Park, were hungry, and wanted Mexican food. This little place appealed to us - cars out front, people inside - and was cool on a100 degree day. The server was friendly, relaxed, and efficiently served us and the eight other tables of diners. The cook, the co-owner we were told, readily customized our dishes by adding veggies to my tasty burrito and not adding cheese to my husband's tacos. Satisfying meal and stop.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank TrailFeather

“Small town good food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We were passing through town and looked for some lunch. This place caught our eye and we were pleasantly surprised. I had a beer and nachos and my wife had a taco salad. Simple dishes that were done well with nice prompt service that was attentive. Our lunch was $21 which was a great value. I will definitely go there the next time I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Sgthompson56
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Real Mexican Food”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I had a delicious chili dinner with a cold beer. The guacamole was perfect. The salsa was good and hot. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Baldy75
Zillah, Washington
“Best Menudo & Seafood Soup in the Valley!!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Only downfall i can think of about this place is that its too small, but the food is Excellent, homemade tortillas, Menudo is the best here as well as their seafood soup w/ shrimp & veggies is my favorite!

1 Thank kristyj_05
Hillsboro, Oregon
“A great find!”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stopped in Toppenish to get gas and decided to stop for lunch. We picked the Taqueria Mexicana based on the number of cars parked out front. The store front was nothing special, nor is the interior, but the food was great. The salsa that came with the standard supply of taco chips was flavorful and spicy. I had a combination plate with a enchilada and taco. The taco was nothing special but the enchilada was one of the best I've had. On my next trip through central Washington I'll try to run short of gas near Toppenish just so I can return to Taqueria Mexicana.

• Visited October 2012