“Food was great, portions and pricing not do great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taqueria Mexicana

Taqueria Mexicana
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Toppenish
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Food was great, portions and pricing not do great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stopped in here for lunch today while visiting from out of town for business. Food was quite delicious, I got a smothered Chile Verde burrito. It came with a small side of rice and beans, and the customary chips and salsa. My main complaint is that if you're going to charge nine dollars for a lunch special I should get a complimentary beverage, or at least a bigger portion. The portion size is actually fine for a lunch special, if that lunch special was about $6. But when paying about nine dollars, after-tax and tip, you who are spending $11+ on a small to medium sized meal.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank SmokeyBearVII

Bainbridge Island, WA
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We ducked into Toppenish on our way from Yakima to Fort Simcoe State Park, were hungry, and wanted Mexican food. This little place appealed to us - cars out front, people inside - and was cool on a100 degree day. The server was friendly, relaxed, and efficiently served us and the eight other tables of diners. The cook, the co-owner we were told, readily customized our dishes by adding veggies to my tasty burrito and not adding cheese to my husband's tacos. Satisfying meal and stop.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank TrailFeather
“Small town good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We were passing through town and looked for some lunch. This place caught our eye and we were pleasantly surprised. I had a beer and nachos and my wife had a taco salad. Simple dishes that were done well with nice prompt service that was attentive. Our lunch was $21 which was a great value. I will definitely go there the next time I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Sgthompson56
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Real Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I had a delicious chili dinner with a cold beer. The guacamole was perfect. The salsa was good and hot. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Baldy75
Zillah, Washington
“Best Menudo & Seafood Soup in the Valley!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Only downfall i can think of about this place is that its too small, but the food is Excellent, homemade tortillas, Menudo is the best here as well as their seafood soup w/ shrimp & veggies is my favorite!

1 Thank kristyj_05