“Brief stay before an early flight”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Boston, Massachusetts
“Brief stay before an early flight”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I only stayed for around 8 hours before an early flight. The check-in and check-out was quick, the room was clean, and the amenities were adequate. The free shuttle to SEATAC even at 5 AM was a real perk.

Room Tip: I asked for a quieter room, and the one I had on the third floor was certainly quiet the night I was...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you “Ben from the Hub” for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I happy you were able to take advantage of our early morning shuttle after your brief stay with us. Next time stay a little longer, so you can enjoy our wonderful weather in Seattle. Thank you again, and hope to see you on your next trip through Seattle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Check in , was not happy with the room, because it was one of those one with the joining door. Got Annoyed when the another guests kept messing with it. Called to the front desk and they moved us right away into a nicer room and help us move our Luggage. Real nice property went to the hot tub and the pool area nice and clean. I love the location got at south center mall.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent comments. I’m sorry your original room wasn’t the best for due to another guest in the hotel; however, I am happy that my staff was able to assist you in moving your luggage and getting you a nicer room for the rest of your stay. I hope the remainder of your stay was pleasant, and you were able to get some serious shopping done at the mall which is so conveniently located just a block or two away from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.
Venice, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Super stay at this location as we prepared to fly home after our vacation. Large room with all amenities working properly. Deck personnel were very friendly and helpful in answering our questions. Able to print boarding passes from dedicated computers in lobby. They make you feel right at home. Free shuttle to airport and surrounding area with stay. No outside noise!

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard view when requesting your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us after your vacation. I am happy that we were able to provide you with the service and amenities that you needed to make yourself feel like you were at home. Thank you for choosing our quiet location, and we hope to see you again when you take your next trip.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were headed out on a trip and the flight was really early so we got a pre-vacation hotel night with parking for 7 days included for a great price. The front desk was so pleasant to deal with and the hotel was perfect for our needs. The room was comfortable and the shuttle was convenient and easy to use. Nice and quiet despite the somewhat busy road outside. Not the best location for restaurants or activities, but perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent comments. I am happy you took advantage of our Park and Fly program before going out on your vacation. It is our pleasure to ensure your stay with us is not only convenient, but comfortable before heading out for a relaxing vacation. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you had a wonderful vacation as well.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 19 August 2013

As previously mentioned, don't let the "new lobby" off the Marriott.com site fool you. Sketchy neigborhood, RUDE staff, including sloppy van driver(s). There are MANY better choices in the area. Marriott would be smart to remove their connection from this location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ConstantTraveler13
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I’m sorry your experience at the hotel wasn’t ideal. The hotel and staff make every effort to provide a safe environment for our guests. I can assure you that the Southcenter area is not a sketchy neighborhood area, but a very thriving retail restaurant and shopping area. I can’t speak to the senseless random act of malicious behavior that had occurred other than to say I’m sorry it happened, and I’m sorry that the outcome is frustrating. My staff prides itself on great customer service, and I’m sorry you may not have been a recipient of that during your stay. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss with you in further detail of your stay on ways to improve future stays.

Mike Schabbing
206-575-2500
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2013

prospective patrons beware! dont be fooled by the fancy setting ! this hotel is located in a crime ridden ghetto and your vehicle parked there is a prime target. in the 45 min. i spent eating breakfast in the lobby , my vehicle was broken into and my identity stolen. 15 min later, as i reported to the police, my bank account was rifled from an ATM around 10 blocks away. be wary people-the Marriot may tout their interior attraction, but their exterior is controlled by the ever present criminals Pat Felker

Room Tip: every room is a good room as long as you DONT DRIVE
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Patrick F
Mr. Felker, I’m sincerely sorry that your car had been broken into on the morning of your departure. The hotel makes every effort to provide a safe and secure atmosphere for all our guests, and unfortunately, this wasn’t the case during your stay. I can’t explain why your automobile was targeted that day, but we had no other reported instances or occurrences of this nature. I truly understand your frustration and disappointment when being a victim of a random act of malicious behavior. Neither I nor my staff was able to have a conversation with you that day, but I will contact our claims office to make sure appropriate follow up has been done. Again, I’m truly sorry that this happened during your time with us, and I can assure you this is not what is expected in this area or location. You can contact me directly if you would like to discuss further

Mike Schabbing
206-575-2500
Seward
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was quiet and had all the amenities. Their bar area was nice, and had a lovely outdoor courtyard. Food was good, wait staff very personable. We took the advice of previous ratings, and stayed in the front of the hotel. Very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and I’m happy you found the hotel comfortable. My staff and team make every effort to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable, especially the night before flying out the next day. We hope to see you again when in the Seattle area.