“nice hotel. spacious rooms.”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Bremerton, Washington
“nice hotel. spacious rooms.”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

i stayed for 2 days here in a double queen room. i was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. it was very spacious. had a mini fridge, and a balcony. A mini fridge was hidden under the TV. a lot of table/counter space. plenty of electrical outlets for all my electronics and comfortably held 3 people without feeling cramped at all. the staff was excellent. i was checked in by the general manager and he was very professional. nice, efficient, and made me feel comfortable right away. i stayed here on NYE/New years day, and it was nice and quiet. impressive for such a busy holiday. Nice pool and hot tub. Nice fitness room and even a guest laundry with coin operated machines are available if you need them. I did not eat at the restaurant downstairs because I found it very pricey, though expected for a hotel restaurant. There are a ton of other places to eat within walking distance. The mall is directly across the street. The newly remodeled lobby is very nice. Fire place with nice seating, and they even have nice outdoor seating for the warmer months. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay, and you found the room met your needs. I appreciate you staying with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Who knows, I might be at the desk to check you in for a 2nd time. Have a wonderful new year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Black Creek
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Canada from Grand Mound, WA. While the location was good, we had a very unfortunate experience while using the pool and hot tub. Clearly the chemicals were off as our swimsuites were destroyed, my jewelerry was ruined, and my kids were screaming by the time I rushed them back to the room and got them under a cool shower to rinse off. Both my boys had chemical burns to their skin and complained of burning in their noses and throats as well as having their hair fried to the point of being brittle to the touch. I too had obvious burns to my throat and skin, both of which were still very irritated more than 24 hours later. I phoned the front desk once my boys stopped screaming and the immediate crisis was under control. I informed them of my experience and my concern for other guests accessing the hot tub as there was clearly an issue with the chemical balances. While I was informed later that the hotel had tested the chemicals as well as having had their outside resource come in to do some checks, the spa was reported to have appropriate chemical levels and was still not closed almost 2 hours after my initial call. I elected to take our destroyed swim wear and jewellery to the front desk to show them how strong the chemicals had been. At this point, I was told that they were looking into the matter and the spa would be closed down for an hour and an incident report would be filed with their head office. I sincerely hope no other families experienced the same injury and loss of property that we did. I can understand that accidents happen, but would have expected the response from the hotel to be much more immediate and serious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Angie P
My sincerest apology to you for your experience. I would like to personally follow up with you regarding it. Please contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience, so I can discuss with you in more detail.
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A large part of mine and my husbands family with some friends recently were in Seattle for a state football championship game in the Tacoma Dome and we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott.I am so very pleased with the staff and how all of my family members and friends were treated. We were out in the lobby celebrating till late and the staff was so helpful and really treated us great! I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Seattle! Wonderful experience! I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melaniekweber
I appreciate your endorsement. We make every attempt to make the hotel a place where families can gather and make great memories and experiences with family. We hope to see you again with another victory.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I recently traveled to the Courtyard Southcenter for business. I did stay only one night and arrived late so I honestly was not able to experience much of the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and the rooms and lobby were clean. I had a king size bed and sofa. The rooms are a good size. It did take me a bit to find the hotel room heater and the blow dryer. The coffee bar in the morning had a long line and I was in a hurry so I was not able to get a coffee. Overall, a

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent comments and feedback. I know the importance of getting your morning started off right, and my apologies for a long line to get your coffee. We make every effort to get all our guests served in a timely manner, and sometimes we just can’t do it quickly enough when the demand is strong. I hope you were at least able to get a comfortable night’s rest with just a short stay. The next time you are in the Seattle area, I hope you will give us another opportunity.
vancouver, BC
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We are Marriott Elite members so everywhere we travel, we try to stay at Marriott properties. Several years ago, we used to stay at this Courtyard regularly because of its convenient location to the mall, shops, restaurants, and their fly and park packages. It has been a few years since we have stayed here now because of their not so cheap rates; but this time, we got a AAA promo price of $79/night for 2 queens including breakfast for 2, free internet, and free parking. At this rate we couldn't resist the great value compared to downtown Seattle hotels that charges an additional $30 to 40 for parking and an additional fee for wi fi.

We were put on the top floor to avoid noise from above guests with a room facing the inner courtyard so it was very quiet. Our room was 346 and it even had a nice little balcony with 2 chairs and a little table. The room was extremely clean, newly renovated with very comfortable 2 queen beds; plenty of pillows on each and duvet instead of the yucky wool blankets on some.
The lighting was superb in the room which made it very bright; there was a small fridge and coffee machine in the room which are very convenient. The washroom's bathtub is very clean especially the grout...no black or brown mould anywhere. We like this Courtyard property because the rooms have been newly renovated and it's so clean. There were 3 of us and the room is plenty big compared to some of the older properties in downtown Seattle that is only 250 sq feet.

There is also an indoor pool with an indoor hot tub which we have used in the past years but this time around, we didn't have time to check it out. Parking is also very convenient as it is self park around the back of the property. There is also a complimentary hotel shuttle bus that go to the airport and pick up on the hour every hour.

Air conditioning is also very quiet in the room and since we prefer it a bit cool, it was perfect. The carpet was clean and not stained anywhere and just all around a great property with great value this time around!

If you don't have a car, this Courtyard is also within walking distance to Southcenter mall; Burger King; Mizuki buffet; Cheesecake Factory; and many other restaurants along with shops like Ross; Pier 1; and Market Place.

Thank you Courtyard Southcenter for our fantastic stay and we will return!

Room Tip: Room that faces the inner courtyard on the top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cliu
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Welcome back. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of a great rate this time. You definitely were traveling in the time of the year when rates have come down from the summer high’s. I’m happy you were able to experience the newly renovated rooms, and take advantage of the many restaurant and shopping options within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us, and please don’t stay away for so long.
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We only stayed for one night because of a connecting flight but were very impressed. We were able to call the hotel around 8:00 pm for transportation from the airport which arrived very quickly. The driver and all of the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful. We checked in and then were able to order from the coffee/sandwich bar a tasty light snack. The room was clean and comfortable. I gather the hotel was pretty full but we didn't hear any noise from other guests. We checked out at 4:30ish am the next morning. The front desk person made us Starbucks coffee and we caught the 5:00 am shuttle to the airport.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoseM269
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that your stay, although brief, was comfortable and enjoyable. I happy you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service to and from the airport, and you started you early day with some Starbucks from our Bistro. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future. And maybe for a little bit longer stay in the area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I just booked a room at this hotel. I spoke with the Operations Manager Paul. Paul has outstanding customer service skills and was able to book a stay, park, and fly special. I have stayed at several hotel's near SeaTac Airport and this hotel is head and shoulders above it's competition. Clean room, clean facility, and friendly service. I'm looking forward to my up coming stay in three weeks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MikeCougar
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. I’m very happy that Paul was able to assist you, and thank you for recognizing the customer service he provided. He is a valuable member of our leadership team, and is a great example to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.