“Unexpected and excellent stay”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I caught a late ferry from Orcas Island, it was too late to bother friends and the flight was too early. I knew I had a free night hotel coupon through my Marriott Rewards (excellent program), so after browsing Expedia, etc. I just called the Rewards customer number. Within five minutes I had a free night at this hotel. I spun the wheel of fortune and got a free breakfast (gotta be an Elite member for that - sign up, kids). The rooms, the staff, the hotel, the location - all are excellent. A very special shoutout to the night front desk guy Brandon. He made sure the driver picked me up from Seatac (all the new car rental and terminal shuttle stuff is overly complicated - seatac's fault). Brandon checked me in, got my little midnight corks figured out, etc. Excellent service. The girls at the Bistro in the morning were fun and very friendly. I slept a short but very restful night. I visit Seattle frequently, and now moving forward this will be my hotel of choice before flying out. Clean, new, friendly, quite, convenient. Thanks to Brandon and the hotel's GM - you're running an excellent ship!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nashville-LA
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your short stay with us. Brandon is truly a valuable member of my staff, and he, along with the Bistro staff, exemplifies great customer service. We hope to see you again when you are in the Seattle area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Southcenter

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is our umpteenth time staying at this particular Courtyard and the reason is because of its convenient location to Westfield mall; Costco, many restaurants; Target and several discount stores like Ross and The Rack, as well as being able to park your car in their lot while flying out of Sea Tac.

We are Marriott members so this time around, we used our points for 2 nights stay and because we are also BCAA members, we did not need to pay the $30 parking fee for leaving the car in their lot while we flew out of Sea Tac. ($30 covers 14 days of parking if you are not BCAA members)

On our first outbound night, we were given room 314 and the air conditioning system was noisy and the bath tub looked like it had a grey ring around it but it could just be the age of the tub. The beds were very comfortable, the linen was fresh, everything is what one would expect of a Courtyard.

On our return visit, we asked for a different room still facing the courtyard so we were given #322 and this time, the air conditioning was very quiet. Again, the 2 queen beds were very comfortable with fresh linen but it could just be me; the pillows were too soft for my liking so i had to keep stacking them high hence tossing and turning somewhat in the night.
When we return in August again, I will bring my own "buckwheat" pillows so I can get better sleep.

I like the Starbucks in the lobby so one does not need to leave the property for coffee and there is also a small coffee machine in the room. If you need, there is also a small fridge under the TV behind the cupboards which is very convenient.

We did not use the pool as we did not have time and their fitness room is tiny with 2 or so stair masters? only but no stations for weight bearing exercises.
Courtyard Southcenter is a typical Courtyard that one can rely on with great comfortable beds; clean rooms; but no breakfasts and no free coffees in the lobby, but there is free wifi in the room and free parking.

We also like their airport shuttle which runs on the hour.

Thank you Courtyard Southcenter for an enjoyable stay! See you in August!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cliu
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for coming back and staying with us. I'm happy you were able to utilize our Park n Fly option while you were going on a trip. With the convenient location to Westfield Mall, you have many options of things to do while staying in the area. Thank you again for staying with us, and we will see you again in August.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I checked in about 7 PM and learned that the airport shuttle ran on the hour. OK. 7 AM for an 8:50 AM flight. Nope. 7 AM shuttle is the only one completely booked. At our own expense, we took a taxi at 7:30 PM—about $20 out of pocket, which included tip. As far as we could tell, this Courtyard contracts independently for shuttle service so we could not be offered a backup shuttle. With plenty of notice, the hotel should be able to make arrangements for additional service as it is advertised on the Marriott website.

There is nothing terribly wrong with this Courtyard, especially if you want to be by the airport for convenience or Southcenter Mall for shopping. Found the room as we would expect at a Courtyard, though we were overlooking train tracks. You stay here because it's practical.

3  Thank RuthMcc
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m sorry that our in-house airport shuttle schedule was able to be better coordinated with your outgoing flight. Our 7am shuttle is obligated with establish commitment, but we do offer a shuttle service, as well as, 6 am and 8am. Our hotel shuttle does run 24/7, and we are able to help arrange for other means of transport if needed. We hope to see you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Marriott is a premier property management company that trains its personnel well so that a lodging experience is predictably pleasurable and supportive of productive work. I typically stay at Marriott properties for that reason. Imagine my disappointment in arriving at this property to a rude, cold introduction that spent more attention on a detail of confirmation than my weariness after a long day of travel. Yes, my reservations was confirmed and yes, I had my Marriott credit card but the tall, inexperienced person at the front desk could not get past her checklist to acknowledge my long, good history with Marriott. The hotel is clean and well organized, the breakfast staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive, and the quality of the food and drink are predictably good. But if a hotel can't manage the check-in process in a welcoming manner, the whole five day experience is tarnished. I could have gotten over it if I had not had the same experience three more times with the same person during this stay. My five person team and I will find somewhere else to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the far end of the building or you'll hear the service vehicles backing up betwee...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank acoulter
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I sincerely apologize for your experience, and I wish to discuss with directly this matter. Please contact me personally, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We planned an impromptu visit to Seattle and missed the window to get a room in the city center at a discounted price. We reluctantly booked at this Courtyard. Since we are marriott reward members, we got a decent price despite our late booking. Very nice room. Very clean. Parking at the hotel is FREE. It's conveniently situated next to a mall and restaurants. The hotel is about a fifteen minute drive to downtown Seattle. If there are at least two of you in the car you can use the carpool lane during commute hours! Parking downtown turned out not to be a problem. We parked at Pike's Place's lot for $12 a day then took public transportation everywhere we wanted to go downtown. Everywhere else we parked was pretty reasonable especially considering we would have had to pay $30 a day for hotel parking had we stayed in town. When we return to Seattle, we will stay here.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor for easier access if you intend to use the pool/spa.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and comments, and I happy that you came across our hotel. The location of the hotel provides convenient access to the area and downtown while remaining budget conscientious. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again when you are back in Seattle.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Except for the thin ceiling in the first floor rooms, this is a perfect little hotel. They go out of their way to give good service, facilities are very nice (much nicer than the nearby Doubletree). Breakfasts are very tasty, the gym is nice and clean, and the 2nd floor rooms are great. I has a lead-footed neighbor above me last night and this morning, so I'll be changing rooms tonight, but I will keep coming back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FJsRKool

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay, and I hope you were able to have a peaceful, quiet sleep on your second night. Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you coming back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here 1 night at the end of a cruise. The hotel is the traditional look you see at all the courtyards that has been remodeled. I like the decor; the hotel is modern, clean and the setup is nice enough if you had to stay for weeks you could. We ate breakfast at the hotel and all was good. It is surrounded by Westlake/SouthCenter/ Mall, restaurants, etc. that you may need while on vacation. The staff were attentive to our needs and resolve any concerns immediately. The beds were comfortable, no noise and I slept like a log. They also have a shuttle which is a big plus for me......to the airport and surrounding area. So, If I decide to do a cruise out of Seattle again I could stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us, as well as, sharing your comments. With the location of the hotel away from the noisy highways, I’m glad you were able to get a good night’s sleep. We hope to see you again, and I also hope you had an enjoyable cruise.