“I love this Marriott!”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
“I love this Marriott!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

As a weekly traveler, it is always the little things that make your travels bearable - and enjoyable. The service that I received tonight from Jessica and Ulanda made my stay at the Mariott Southcenter truly enjoyable! I thank them for their hospitality and wonderful customer service. While I don't typically stay in Tukwila, I may go out of my way next time to stay here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Sara C
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 26 October 2014
Thank you for recognizing Jessica and Ulanda. They are both shining examples of Marriott’s culture and hospitality. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for a week on business. Clean room, nice hotel, very nice staff. Easy walk to the mall for dinner or shopping. Convenient to the interstate to visit with clients. I was on the backside facing the railroad tracks, but it was very quiet and never heard a train. Small fitness but a nice outdoor courtyard (duh). I would probably not stay here again only because the location wasn't close enough to my client's office, and because I am familiar with Seattle to know there are Marriott properties closer to downtown Seattle. But this would be nice for a stop over before heading to SEA-TAC or if I had to be situated on the south side of Seattle. This hotel is not in the cluster of hotels to the northeast, but I think it is closer to the mall than those.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the backside.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bubba375
Thank you for your comments and recommendation. I’m happy to hear that there are other Marriott brands closer to client’s office. Any time you need to stay before flying out of the airport, and a quick shopping trip, we would be happy to see you again. It’s nice to be recognized as a quiet hotel with great location so close to the mall.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When I booked the room for our family of 6, I expected a cramped room with 2 beds and a couch. What we got was a bedroom with 2 beds, dresser and tv, and a separate living room with a sofa, balcony, kitchenette area (fridge, microwave, coffee pot etc) and dresser and tv. The room was bigger than my first apartment, which was so nice with all of us. during our stay we needed a rollaway bed, baby crib and extra towels, and everything was a simple phone call away and the items were delivered.
We showed up incredibly early for check in and I was fully expecting to leave our luggage in a storage area, but they checked us right into our room which was really nice.
**handicap friendly pool** -- The pool and hot tub have a lift chair for handicapped accessibility. I just loved this, none of us needed it, but it's extremely rare to see at a hotel and I'm sure it's beyond appreciated when needed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Solshn
Thank you for staying with us, and I’m happy that your room accommodations exceeded your expectations, as well as, getting you checked in early so you could fully enjoy your stay. I look forward to seeing you back again when you are in the area.
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our family stayed here in June on the night before going on a cruise. We loved the complimentary shuttle from the airport, as well as the convenience of being within close walking distance to a Target, REI, mall area, and great wine store (very helpful - bought a couple bottles of wine to take with us on our cruise!). The staff was super friendly, and everything was clean and comfortable. We requested an upper level, courtyard view room, as we had read that these were the quieter rooms, and it worked out great! We ate breakfast in the lobby café and it was good - nothing fancy. My only complaint was that the Starbucks could not make my drink correctly, even after 2 tries - maybe it was a new person working there? We had a little bit of a wait for our town car to the cruise terminal, but enjoyed the lobby big screen TV and lounging area while waiting, and the time went by quickly. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoldenFun
Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I happy the staff was able to accommodate your room request for a quieter room. My apologies with the frustration of not getting your Starbucks coffee correct the first; that first coffee in the morning is very important to a start of day. We’ve had a chance to review additional training with staff, so other guests don’t encounter a similar situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel was very comfortable. We spent one night, staff was genuinely kind, room was clean and roomy. Hot tub and pool close to our room. Breakfast available in lobby cafe was yummy with great service. Shopping, dining, I fly is all within minutes. We would definitely bring our kids here and stay. The only thing I would recommend is not so much chlorine in hot tub. My eyes and nose got a huge dose of chemicals. Perhaps some ventilation/fans would help.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trisha B
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. I’m glad you were able to use many of the different amenities of the hotel during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again with the rest of your family.
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff was, as you would expect, helpful and friendly, though the errant directions given to me by the front desk added a half an hour of wayfinding to the end of my long day. My complaint about this airport hotel us that the shuttle only runs to/from the airport once an hour. That is unusually infrequent for an airport hotel, and can be a real bummer if you have an early morning flight to catch. The explanation I was given was that traffic made more frequent trips to the airport too hectic with the one van. If you're an "airport hotel" get another van.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yvrkids
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We make every effort to ensure a flawless stay with us, and I’m sorry it appears we could have made a better to effort to accommodate your need for a more frequent shuttle to the airport. Your suggestion of another van is something that might be considered to help with a more frequent option for our guests. Again thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great time in Seattle and the hotel was great to us as well especially Vivi and Jessica.
They made our nights pleasant and the breakfast service was great! All I have to say is -- they are now getting into "the 7 habits of highly effective people" at this location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobuaw897
Thank you for recognizing 2 of our wonderful associates. They are definitely examples of Marriott’s “Spirit to Serve” culture. I’m happy you enjoyed your stay.