“Enjoyable stay at the residence in!”

Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
White Rock, Canada
“Enjoyable stay at the residence in!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for 4 days while taking a course at the Boeing training center which was just a 15 minute walk away. My room was very spacious and appeared to have been just renovated. Place looked really good, nice furniture, comfortable bed and a full kitchen. The free breakfast was great, and really enjoyed the complimentary drinks and light dinner one night also. ( the evening happy hour is a big plus for people on business travel so please keep it!) Pool looked good but wasn't open yet so I didn't use it. My room was on the river side of the building which was nice , place was fairly quiet at night. About a 20 minute walk to South center mall and a variety of restaurants. Staff were very nice, I'd be happy to stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ACtraveller
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent training class. We look forward to seeing you for the next training!

Best regards,

David Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kentucky
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I don't always give 5 star reviews on hotels, but when I do... they usually go above and beyond with their customer service and this hotel did just that.
Let's start from the beginning... I was traveling with a friend for a weekend dive trip and we were splitting the cost. I would get one night hotel and car rental/gas and he would get two nights hotel. I cheated and used my points for the first night. We wanted a two bedroom room, however I couldn't reserve the two bedroom with points. So we had to make two reservations. I was really hoping we didn't have to change rooms, so I called the GM a few months out and he said he would do his best to accomodate my request. Spot on! When we arrived we got a newly renovated two story, two bedroom, two bath apartment. We had it for our entire three night stay.
After checking in and getting our bags to the room, there was a knock and one of the workers opened the door. She was apparently showing the new appartment to some other guests and didn't realize we had checked in. Unbeknownst to us, her key to get into the room, deactivated our keys (this will come into play in the next chapter of my review).
We disregard and head out for a long 45 minute traffic nightmare of a drive to get dive supplies and see where we need to be in the morning. By this time, I'm 3 hours past my east coast bedtime, the cocktails from the flight are turning into a headache and the fast food dinner debacle has worn on my last nerve. I fall asleep on the ride back to the hotel and wake up in the parking lot, cranky and reminiscent of a 3 year old that missed nap time. We walk upstairs to the room and the keys don't work... a few choice words and my friend goes to the lobby to get new keys. I am now mad. I get into the room, go upstairs and am immediately in bed. Then I hear a knock...I maintain what little patience I have left. It was the front desk clerk with a bottle of wine and a fire log for the inconvienence and appologized again for coming into our room early. All frustration is now wiped away!
Next day... I am Guest of Day - Wahoo!! Free market item. We see Bridgette (we are on a first name basis with the front desk cleark now) again on the second night and she appologizes again. I reassure her that she has made ample amends and I love the hotel.
Day 3 we come back to bottle of water and almonds on the counter and a thank you for being a Platinum guest. Amazing customer service!!
Story time is over... now for the hotel review...
Room was great - two full bedrooms with desks and two full bathrooms, full kitchen and a fireplace. Breakfast was hot and good, typical of a Residence Inn. Although we didn't get to partake in the evening social hours. It is my understanding they are trialing a social hour with appetizers and themes/events rather than a full meal and they do it different days each week. Interesting ideas... maybe I'll be here for one of the nights on my next stay because if I'm in Seattle again, I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you don't want to carry bags upstairs, get a first floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SFKent21
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I always love reading comments especially where employees are named for their superior service. I'm sorry to hear that you started out to a rocky start, but ecstatic that our talented crew was able to recover from our mistake.

We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you back

Safe travels,

Queensbury, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I had recently spent two, two week stays for business at this hotel. As a lifetime Platinum Marriott rewards member, I have stayed at many Residence Inns over the past 30 years and this is by far one of the best. The staff was always professional and pleasant. The food was wonderful, from the great variety at breakfast, to the casual evening socials. I took advantage and enjoyed the shuttle service provided by this hotel, from the airport runs to to grabbing a bite to eat at a local restaurant, the shuttle drivers were always pleasant and held great conversation. I only wish they had luggage racks in the rooms, i hate putting my luggage on your clean furniture!

Room Tip: choose a room that faces the river, its very relaxing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad to hear your couple weeks went well. I'll share your kind words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're back in the Seattle area.

Safe Travels!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very friendly and professional staff. Rooms are clean and fresh. I highly recommend. This hotel is 15 minutes from airport and two different train lines. Very close to restaurents and shopping malls. You can walk to Boeing training facility

Room Tip: Choose first floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to the Seattle area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The restaurant staff was exceptionally good, always friendly, cordial and attentive. The food quality was great. The variety was very good. My hats off to the women who labored so hard to always please. The room service was excellent as well, never did anything come up missing and the bathroom was always replenished with fresh towels, soaps and paper. Washing and drying facility and small exercise room, totally adequate. Commendation A+++++
The reception desk was the most competent I have seen, (and I travel often worldwide) and genuinely friendly! The management truly cared! My utmost appreciation and gratitude. Thank you all for a very enjoyable experience. My stay was from 07 Jan - 07 Feb 2014

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. I will make sure to share your kind words and praise with the team in our daily meeting. We look forward to being your home away from home next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Safe travels,

Toronto
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is very close to SEA-TAC airport it is clean and staff is very welcoming and helpful. The morning breakfast is good considering it is complementary. They offer a free buffet with wine and beer every evening from Monday to Thursday which did not appear to me as too inviting, however others with whom I stayed enjoyed it. Having said that, the beer was great.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchen if great and everything you need to cook is there for you, should you decide to use it.
The only downside and the reason why I have not given it a better score is the noise in the room. It's VERY loud when the a/c or heater (depending on the outside temperature) is in use. The fan is right next to the bed and believe me will wake you up every night. I know few of the people I've stayed with would heat the room to 85F or so and shut down the heater for the night to avoid that annoying sound.
Other that that the hotel is a short walk from several good restaurants near the shopping center. If you are not into walking the staff is helpful enough to drive you anywhere within, I believe 5 miles from the hotel, or to the train station for easy commute to downtown.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I'm glad to hear that overall your stay went well. Thank you for letting me know about the loud A/C unit outside your room. We have been in the process of replacing the older and nosier units, and am sorry this was an inconvenience to your stay. If you could please send me the room you were in at TukwilaGM@ih-corp.com I'll make sure we get it changed out.

We hope to see you next time your travels bring you back to the Seattle area so we can show you how we've improved.

Best regards,

Culiacan, Mexico
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed here from July 4th to August 6, 2013. The hotel staff were amazing... treated us like family from the get go. Very welcoming and accommodating. My only complaints were with the rooms themselves, which I believe the hotel is undergoing renovations, so it may be different now. When I stayed, the exterior of the hotel was being redone. I stayed in an upstairs "2 bedroom" apartment with full kitchen, however, the kitchen was not stocked properly, so you can't really cook there. The upstairs room really has no privacy, there is a half wall which makes it more a loft, and the bathroom is open for anyone... as you just walk up the stairs and its there on right. so there is no door in or out of the room and it cannot be partitioned off from the rest of the apartment. The room also smelled musky and moldy, but the physical appearance everything was very clean. Despite all this, I would stay here again, the staff made every day a good day, always a smile on their faces, and always very welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I"m glad to hear that you enjoyed our warm and welcoming staff made your stay great. We will be going through a full rooms renovation next month and can't wait for you to come back to see our "new" hotel.

Safe travels!