“Above and Beyond!”

Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for an extended time in May and June. I reviewed this hotel last year and said that it needed updating. They went through with the renovations and they did a fantastic job! Everything is clean and fresh, inside and out. They offer an excellent breakfast daily and we loved the social times offered Monday through Thursday. Our favorite is BBQ night on Wednesdays! The rooms are clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable. If I had any complaint at all, it would be the pillows. They seem to be very small. If you are picky about your pillow like I am, be sure to bring your own. At one time we had three rooms as our children and their families were visiting. All the rooms were excellent. Every person that works at this hotel is very helpful and friendly and they went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. Our thanks especially to the manager, David, for helping our family with all of our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing out hotel. I've really enjoyed getting to know you and your family over the past couple of years. I'll make sure to share you positive comments with our team members. We look forward to being your home away from home for many years to come.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't see the renovations people referred to, especially in the bathrooms. The place was comfortable for one night but not much more. The hotel also seems to be a former apartment complex with each unit having its own exterior door to enter/exit. That may work for some but I didn't like it. The staff were all fantastic and the sports court was a nice touch for my kids. The free airport shuttle was much appreciated. Not sure about the usefulness of an outdoor pool in the Seattle area woth the coolness of the weather most of the year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff service while you were here. At the Residence Inn by Marriott Tukwila we were purposed built as an apartment style hotel with exterior buildings and individual room access. I'm sorry that this layout wasn't what you expected. We have just finished our interior renovation last month and I am sorry to hear about the condition of your bathroom. I'll have my maintenance team take a look at the room today and repair any deficiencies. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've stayed at Residence inn's in the past and I wasn't crazy about this particular one. The beds were not the most comfortable. We wanted to use the fireplace but there was no wood available. The neighborhood was not the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the bed was uncomfortable. While we changed out our beds last year it is possible that one of our beds may be faulty or have a manufactures defect. If you email me your stay information I'll go inspect the bed myself and change it out if necessary. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you again to show you how we've improved.

TukwilaGM@ih-corp.com

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed twice in May before and after our alaskan cruise. The staff at this hotel are the best you will find anywhere. All friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to help out. rooms are newly renovated and very nice and clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I look forward to reading guest comments to better improve our services and features and I am always excited to come across positive comments.

We have a fantastic staff here, and I’m glad we had an opportunity to get to know you. As nice as our property is, it’s our staff’s commitment and dedication that makes our hotel so memorable.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn May 16 – May 20 after our Alaskan Cruise to see Seattle and the nearby landmarks. We had read the many positive reviews and thought this would be a good location for our sightseeing home. We arrived early around 10:00AM and to our surprise were able to check-in to our 2 bedroom suite, unpack and take advantage of the onsite laundry. We had a problem with the downstairs toilet which was fixed in a matter of minutes once we called the front desk, otherwise no other problems. The staff here are all friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable, specially the front desk which helped with mapping directions to landmarks, providing us a set of scales to weigh luggage and offered help with boarding passes. The buffet breakfast was first rate each morning and the dinner on Monday was a great surprise. You can not go wrong with this Residence Inn

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronnie O
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and friendly staff. We hope to have you as our guest again the next time your travels bring you back to the Seattle area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed in this Residence inn for 45 days during job training, even knowing that the hotel was under renovation.
The Hotel staff was excellent! Each one of them did what they could to accommodate us without big inconvenient. They were very professional, friendly, cordial, and helpful, always with good attitude. They all went out of their way to make our staying enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I always look forward to reviewing feedback from our guests. I'm glad to hear that your extended stay trip with us went well. I'll make sure to share your kind words with the staff.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for 4 days while taking a course at the Boeing training center which was just a 15 minute walk away. My room was very spacious and appeared to have been just renovated. Place looked really good, nice furniture, comfortable bed and a full kitchen. The free breakfast was great, and really enjoyed the complimentary drinks and light dinner one night also. ( the evening happy hour is a big plus for people on business travel so please keep it!) Pool looked good but wasn't open yet so I didn't use it. My room was on the river side of the building which was nice , place was fairly quiet at night. About a 20 minute walk to South center mall and a variety of restaurants. Staff were very nice, I'd be happy to stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river.