“Not Bad for the Money”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Not Bad for the Money”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

After reading the reviews on here I was honestly worried about staying at this hotel, but oncce I got there my fears were calmed and I had a great stay. My flight landed early and I was able to check in early (4 hours). The room was basic (bed, chair, desk, flat screen tv, dresser), but comfortable. The bathroom area had granite countertops. It was clean and, for the amount of time I actually spent in the room, a good value for the money. My room opened up to the pool, but being April in Seattle wasn't open. The highway was noisy, however once I turned on the heating unit you could not hear the noise anymore. I do recommend turning on the heat/fan/AC unit if you are a lighter sleeper. The bed was fine (not too hard/not too soft) and the water pressue in the shower was average for a shower. One good thing about the shower was that it was a massaging head with many different pressure settings. Housekeeping arrived early each day I was there and I usually wasn't ready for her to clean the room (I wasn't even ready to leave yet), but every night when I arrived back at the hotel my bed was made up and there were clean towels in the room. I was only able to have breakfast 2 of the days I was there (didn't wake up early enough the other 2 days), which was a basic continental breakfast with the added benefit of waffles.

My only complaint the whole time I was there was a staff member, named carol, on my final morning at breakfast. Someone couldn't read the directions on how to use the waffle maker (spray first, pour batter, close and turn until it beeps) and the waffle stuck in the iron. Carol was standing there cleaning it, but quite a few people were waiting to use it so we were standing around. She turns to us and goes "It's going to take awhile, do you have to stand there?" and someone else answers that we did need to stand there. So every so often while she was cleaning she would turn and smirk, sigh loudly, and shade her head. She kept doing this for a good 15 minutes while cleaning the entire area and not allowing anyone to use the waffle irons (15 minutes before breakfast was over). Finally she decided she was finished and started making waffles for people.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank angelbear425

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Prince George, BC, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I ordered this hotel through a B & B booking website, and I was very disappointed.

The hotel was just off the freeway which meant that it was noisy the whole time.

A positive was that it was very close to a great running trail if you run, and near a Starbucks and other little restaurants.

Now the fun part. The room was very dirty and there was a very strong urine smell in the room. My guess is that the cleaners do not do a thorough job cleaning the toilet seat lid, which is quite common. As someone who manages property I know the problem.

Also on one of the nights we were there a rude guest cut us off then proceeded to take a picture of our license plate. Not a nice feeling at all.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PG_Coach
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Days Inn is located off Interstate Highway I-5 which is conveniently located near shopping center, movie theater, walking trails, downtown and much more. Unfortunately, this creates a higher traffic noise from the busy city but on our part we have insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level. The convenience of being located near the Highway allows guests for easy access for easy travel. We apologize for the inconvenience that you've experienced while staying at out hotel. We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future. We hope that if anything is bothering you during your stay that you inform the front desk immediately so we can attend to your convenience.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2010

The hotel is next to I5 highway and the traffic noise was terrible...non stop all night. I used ear plugs and still had trouble sleeping. My spouse had no ear plugs and could hardly sleep at all. The door to the room did not fit the door sill properly and there were openings around the door, allowing more noise to enter the room. The bathroom had been upgraded and was fine, but the room , furniture ,tv, were dated and run down looking.For our purpose of staying one night before we flew out, it was barely tolerable,although the room rate was reasonable.

There are no restaurants any where nearby, although we finally found a pub, after driving around for awhile, and had a great pizza.

On our return one week later to pick up our car, as it was a stay and park arrangement, we discovered that the location they use for long term parking is directly under a row of trees, which deposited their needles and leaves all over our car. It took us 30 minutes to clean the car so we could drive home. We had to go to a nearby gas station to hose it off before we could proceed. We were not happy about this.

All in all, not a pleasant stay at his hotel, and we will not return. Robert Wood
O

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Days Inn South Seattle understands your concern about the traffic noise coming from the Interstate Highway I-5. On our part we have the best insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level which is able to contain the noise level substantially. The convenience of being located near the Highway allows guests for easy access for easy travel. Their are variety of restaurants located about a mile from the hotel at South center Mall like Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Outback Steakhouse, amongst many more popular restaurants. We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future.
Days Inn Management
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 14 October 2010

So I check in around 10pm or so, and the "manager" was working. I had booked a very cheap room online because of my travel benefits. I'm assuming that because of this, the manager gave me the sh!tiest room in the hotel. The bed sagged bigtime, there was hair in the drain, the previous guests used soap was still in the shower, toilet ran all night, the carpet had crap stains on it, highway noise all night, yucky coffee in the morning. Horrible!! I was tired from traveling so I didn't complain, and just called it a night. Woke up the next morning with back pain of course. I asked if I could get a shuttle to a place about a mile down the street. The front desk clerk gave me some crap about insurance only allowing them to go to the airport and back. Spend the extra $15 bucks and go to the Best Western River's Edge up the street! Much much better service and facilities than this place. The staff here at Days Inn didn't even seem to appreciate our business. Mr Dhillon, hire a new manager!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
I apologize for the uncomfortable stay that you've experienced here that day. The management is looking into who checked you in that day and falsely introduced them as a manager because no manager works after 4pm. I wish that the front desk though was informed about the problems so they could have switched you to another room and compensated you for the inconvenience of switching rooms. Although we do have a shuttle available on site it runs only to and from the airport and I apologize for the inconvenience. The management hopes you give Days Inn another chance and stay here again to change your mind about our hotel and amenities.

Management

Calgary
Reviewed 19 September 2010

So to start, i had booked this place, on 2 things.....price and it was rated 3 out of 5 on here.

However, i am sad to report it is a 1. Please avoid this hotel at all costs, it is run down, most of the rooms have a smell (dampness, mold) to them, the cleaning staff did not clean our room, we checked out after the first night, we orginally had booked 3 nights, but it is so run down, un kept that the price didn't out weigh the need for decent hotel.
The 2nd room they moved us to was a bit better, but still aweful, and both bathrooms were unkept and kinda gross. And no water pressure in the shower.

We moved to the Holiday Inn at the airport....much better and a better location.

I would recomend this hotel only as a one nighter, where you get the heck out in the morning.

When we cancelled our reservation early, the hotel did nothing to see what the problem was or how they could correct it.

IF the hotel staff is reading this, please put some money back into this place and clean it up.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
Thank you for taking your time to address the problem that you've experienced staying at out facility. The hotel is constantly being remodeled may it involve inside or outside work. The housekeeping clean the room once each day but by checking out the fallowing day you weren't able to see that service done. The hotel is conveniently located near I-5 therefore their is constant traffic from the highway. If you do decide to stay with us in near future we hope you address any issues to the front desk or management so they can be resolved immediately.

Days Inn manager
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I understand that we stayed here on the VA's dime and we had a smoking room but the service was bad, and the room was disgusting. The floor was sticky, the nightstand was sticky, the bathtub was grungy, and there was blood on the bathroom wall. I don't know what the crusty stuff was on the wall; I don't think i want to know, The sheets didn't fit not to mention they were put on inside out. There was nicotine stains running down the wall. A light went out in the bathroom the first night we were there, the shower head had brown crusty stuff caked on it. Electricity went out for about 10 min the day we were checking out. I am talking to the VA about removing this dump off of the lodging list, a vet deserves better. Anyone deserves better than this.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
We would like to take the time to apologize for the inconvenient of the maintenance issues you've experienced at this location. Days Inn management takes each response very seriously and tries fixing any maintenance or problems when they are addressed to the front desk immediately. The power outage that day affected several businesses in our area and we apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused. We have many vets lodge at Days Inn and enjoy their stay but is unfortunate this wasn't the case here, we hope you would reconsider staying with us to experience that.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My son and I were attracted by the advertised $89 park-and-fly rate (1 night + 1 week parking). In fact, he rate increases to $119 when we factored in the current date after reading the fine print. The hotel does not give AAA discounts for park-and-fly.
When we arrived, we found the hotel was run-down and doubled as a truck stop. The Indian family running the business are using it as a cash machine. If you need to print something at the business center, paper is 25 cents per sheet.
The hotel location is a stone's throw from Interstate 5 and extremely noisy. Single-pane windows and gaps in the door let in all the noise and fumes. Other guests use the walk-up balcony as a drinking and smoking lounge.
Although we only stayed a single night, it was long enough to discover that the hot water works only intermittently, breakfast is mediocre, the airport shuttle only operates during limited hours and times, and the neighborhood is not the kind you stroll at night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
We understand your concern about the traffic noise coming from the Interstate Hwy I-5.On our part we have the best insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level and we are able to contain the noise level substantially.We get too many customers who want to be near the Hwy to have a easy access to the North and South of Seattle for easy travel. The park sleep fly package is put together according to the vehicle stay on the property that many customers find convenient when they leave out of town. We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future.
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Georgetown Inn
Georgetown Inn
#18 of 100 in Seattle
Ramada SeaTac Airport North

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!