“Clean and good service”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Will def stay here again! Staff was always friendly. Made reservations for 2 nights, staff was very accomadating when we needed to stay an extra night and gave us the same rate. Convienient location to gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed in a room with a king bed and found the bed to be very comfortable. The room was clean and - unexpectedly - decorated with a bunch of zebra kitsch. There was a zebra head sticking out of the wall above the sofa. It was hilarious in a fun sort of way.

We didn't find the room to be noisy at all. It was off-season for the pool so I can't comment on that. Staff were friendly and helpful.

There used to be a restaurant a few buildings away from the Inn but it is no longer in business. There was some sort of coffee place and a fast food joint within 2 minutes' walking distance.

Room Tip: The king-size bed is comfy and not much more money
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Sean and Nadia, desk clerks, handle both routine and challenging events with matter of fact politeness and appropriate response. The entire staff is freindly and supportive beyond measure. I feel happy and secure in the environment they provide.

Room Tip: Just ask.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mjjgreisen
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed at this place for 1 night on our way to Disneyland. Although the room was very dated and the beds were small (2 doubles not queens), we feel we got a good deal for what we needed. We utlized the park and fly rate of $89, we got shuttled to and from the airport quickly and efficiently. Our car was parked in an area with video surveillance which was reassuring while we were away.

There was a lot of traffic and airport noise but that was expected due to the location and the reviews I read on trip advisor. We would not stay here on a vacation but we would definately use it as a stopover, park and fly option.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
southseattledaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Management appreciates you taking the time to review and comment in regards to this stay. Each review is very important because it helps improve our facility and services. We are glad that our services and accommodation made your stay convenient and pleasant. The hotel is conveniently located of the freeway for easy access, as well as, a shopping center couple of blocks away. We hope you will return to our property soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

After reading the reviews on here I was honestly worried about staying at this hotel, but oncce I got there my fears were calmed and I had a great stay. My flight landed early and I was able to check in early (4 hours). The room was basic (bed, chair, desk, flat screen tv, dresser), but comfortable. The bathroom area had granite countertops. It was clean and, for the amount of time I actually spent in the room, a good value for the money. My room opened up to the pool, but being April in Seattle wasn't open. The highway was noisy, however once I turned on the heating unit you could not hear the noise anymore. I do recommend turning on the heat/fan/AC unit if you are a lighter sleeper. The bed was fine (not too hard/not too soft) and the water pressue in the shower was average for a shower. One good thing about the shower was that it was a massaging head with many different pressure settings. Housekeeping arrived early each day I was there and I usually wasn't ready for her to clean the room (I wasn't even ready to leave yet), but every night when I arrived back at the hotel my bed was made up and there were clean towels in the room. I was only able to have breakfast 2 of the days I was there (didn't wake up early enough the other 2 days), which was a basic continental breakfast with the added benefit of waffles.

My only complaint the whole time I was there was a staff member, named carol, on my final morning at breakfast. Someone couldn't read the directions on how to use the waffle maker (spray first, pour batter, close and turn until it beeps) and the waffle stuck in the iron. Carol was standing there cleaning it, but quite a few people were waiting to use it so we were standing around. She turns to us and goes "It's going to take awhile, do you have to stand there?" and someone else answers that we did need to stand there. So every so often while she was cleaning she would turn and smirk, sigh loudly, and shade her head. She kept doing this for a good 15 minutes while cleaning the entire area and not allowing anyone to use the waffle irons (15 minutes before breakfast was over). Finally she decided she was finished and started making waffles for people.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank angelbear425
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I ordered this hotel through a B & B booking website, and I was very disappointed.

The hotel was just off the freeway which meant that it was noisy the whole time.

A positive was that it was very close to a great running trail if you run, and near a Starbucks and other little restaurants.

Now the fun part. The room was very dirty and there was a very strong urine smell in the room. My guess is that the cleaners do not do a thorough job cleaning the toilet seat lid, which is quite common. As someone who manages property I know the problem.

Also on one of the nights we were there a rude guest cut us off then proceeded to take a picture of our license plate. Not a nice feeling at all.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PG_Coach
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Days Inn is located off Interstate Highway I-5 which is conveniently located near shopping center, movie theater, walking trails, downtown and much more. Unfortunately, this creates a higher traffic noise from the busy city but on our part we have insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level. The convenience of being located near the Highway allows guests for easy access for easy travel. We apologize for the inconvenience that you've experienced while staying at out hotel. We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future. We hope that if anything is bothering you during your stay that you inform the front desk immediately so we can attend to your convenience.

Reviewed 4 November 2010

The hotel is next to I5 highway and the traffic noise was terrible...non stop all night. I used ear plugs and still had trouble sleeping. My spouse had no ear plugs and could hardly sleep at all. The door to the room did not fit the door sill properly and there were openings around the door, allowing more noise to enter the room. The bathroom had been upgraded and was fine, but the room , furniture ,tv, were dated and run down looking.For our purpose of staying one night before we flew out, it was barely tolerable,although the room rate was reasonable.

There are no restaurants any where nearby, although we finally found a pub, after driving around for awhile, and had a great pizza.

On our return one week later to pick up our car, as it was a stay and park arrangement, we discovered that the location they use for long term parking is directly under a row of trees, which deposited their needles and leaves all over our car. It took us 30 minutes to clean the car so we could drive home. We had to go to a nearby gas station to hose it off before we could proceed. We were not happy about this.

All in all, not a pleasant stay at his hotel, and we will not return. Robert Wood
O

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Days Inn South Seattle understands your concern about the traffic noise coming from the Interstate Highway I-5. On our part we have the best insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level which is able to contain the noise level substantially. The convenience of being located near the Highway allows guests for easy access for easy travel. Their are variety of restaurants located about a mile from the hotel at South center Mall like Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Outback Steakhouse, amongst many more popular restaurants. We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future.
Days Inn Management
Sean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
Georgetown Inn
Georgetown Inn
#15 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!