“Good budget motel right outside Seattle” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Vancouver
“Good budget motel right outside Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I were visiting Seattle for our 6th wedding anniversary. We reviewed serveral budget hotels in Seattle and were able to stay 2 nights at this location for the price of 1 night if we had stayed in the city. It's 10 minutes from downtown, right off the freeway. My only complaint was the pillows were horrible, so bring your own.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzeAnneRae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco,CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Booked into Room 110 for 2 nights. Only one light/lamp worked and TV was out of order. Called front desk and they sent someone to fix everything. TV still had some issues on ocassion. WiFi signal was week and cut out alot of times. This is a very busy property so don't expect early check-in. Pretty convenient to freeways and the motel sits up the street from a Starbucks and gas stations.

Room Tip: Aviod rooms towards the back of the property as they are next to the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
I apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced throughout your stay. The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway for easy access for travelers to downtown, Southcenter Shopping Center, as well as the airport, etc... We hope you'll visit the property sometime in the future to have a better experience.

Gold Beach, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My girlfriend and I were on vacation when we stayed here. She picked this one out and I was skeptical because I have only stayed at Days Inn once before (it was in Hollywood; haven't reviewed it). Anyway, We made two separate reservations. She made hers for two nights via CheapTickets and I made mine for one night via the Days Inn website (we made the two night res. a month in advance and decided to make it a three night stay the night before we left for Seattle). Via CheapTickets, we paid about $55/night. I happen to find a promo code for the res. I made, so it was taken from a rate of $75 down to $50.

Ok, so we arrived at the motel, and it is extremely close to the freeway, which didn't bother us (might bother some others though). The man at the front desk (forgot to get his name, sorry) seemed very apathetic to us and the people before us. However, the checkin was smooth and he paired both of the reservations together so we didn't have to change rooms. We got our keys and went to our room. Little did I realize, a mistake was made when I made the res. on the website and we ended up with a smoking room. Seeing how I am allergic to tobacco, this was definitely NOT acceptable. We immediately went back to the front desk and again, the man was very apathetic. To my surprise, he upgraded our room from what was a first floor single queen smoking room to a king non smoking second floor poolside room FOR FREE. MUCH MUCH better. The only bummer is that we had to switch rooms in the morning to a single queen non smoking, but that was ok for us. Our room was nice. There were 5 pillows on the bed, and the bed itself was very soft and comfortable. All the basic amenities were there (soap, shampoo, cups, towels, etc.). Everything was clean and worked well. We had a great nights sleep, even with the window open!

The next morning we ate the continental breakfast. They offered waffles (used waffle mix and a waffle iron), 2 different muffin flavors, toast, English muffins, four flavors of cereal, milk, coffee, OJ, and apple juice. We found apples the first morning, but not the next two... so my guess is that they are limited every morning. Also, the breakfast room attendant seemed very annoyed (though,I can understand when one guy didn't read the directions and failed to spray the waffle iron before use).

After we ate, we went to the front desk to check about having to switch rooms. This time, there was a girl named Nadia. She was much more pleasant than the man that checked us in. Anyway, she said to us, and these were her exact words, "Why would you need to change rooms? Your reservation is already paid for. You can just stay in that room." Thus, we got to keep the king room for the next two nights. Accommodated? YES! We were very happy about the situation.

Moving on. The motel does have an airport shuttle, but we didn't use it, so I cannot comment on that. We also didn't use the pool/hot tub. Free WiFi is available, but the signal was very week. We didn't complain about... we were able to check the important things just fine.

As for location, the airport is about an 10 minute drive away. The nearest light rail station is an 8 minute drive (though it takes upwards of an hour to get downtown). The Seattle Flight Museum is an 8 minute drive away. And there is a large mall that takes about 10 minutes to get to.

One thing I did notice is that the Housekeepers start working at 8AM. We put our privacy sign on the entire time, and on our final morning, the housekeeper knocked just after 8. I thought to myself, "Maybe she thought we had checked out already." After getting up and dressed, we came to find out that our sign had gone missing. We think that some other guests had taken it, but we'll never know.

Overall, it was a nice motel. I rate it a 4/5. I think I would probably return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 225.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank js945
I appreciate you taking time to review and comment in regards to this stay. We are glad that our services and accommodation made your stay convenient and pleasant. Management and staff coordinate working together and any suggestions for improvements help guests enjoy their time at our facility. We hope you return to our property to enjoy another wonderful stay.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We paid 62$ + tax for this room and I was scared after reading some reviews on this site. The room was small, but OK. Smelled like incense was burned in the room. Nice pool, super hot tub, could print stuff for free, good WI-FI, descent breakfast, etc. For the price paid, almost excellent!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking time to review and comment in regards to this stay. Management try their best to stay competitive giving lowest price possible with the most amenities available to the guest. We are glad that our services and accommodation made your stay convenient and pleasant. We gladly hope you will return to our property sometime in the future to have another wonderful stay.

bedford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

The hotel is right next to the highway. This makes it easy
To find but the rooms on that side must be very noisy. Our room was on the inside overlooking the pool but away from the highway. The room was clean and what you would expect from this sort of hotel/motel hairdryer, fridge microwave 2 queen beds, linen was clean, bathroom reasonable modern and clean.
On our booking we requested a rollaway bed and blankets. It wasn't there on arrival so I asked at the desk and they said they would bring it up. It never arrived. I asked again the next day and then went back to reception, again and again. It got very late again and I had to but the children to bed so I went down to say not to bother but was told It was not available and never had been. I did feel this was bad service as they should have said when we checked in not had us waiting, and asking several times and waiting... Just say it is not available.
The breakfast was very nice, included with room rate. Waffles, pastries, cereals, juice etc
Area was kept clean and replenished right up to 9:30 finish
20 minute drive to downtown Seattle , 5 min to Airport
Shame it is so very close to the highway. A little further back would have been so much quieter.
It is OK for what it is- cheap, clean 1 night hotel

• Stayed August 2011
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

I opted for this hotel as my known and looked hotels were unavailable for my dates. Just booking the room online was troublesome. Wanted park and fly, followed the site's instructions of how to book, and was informed on arrival $25 more needed for parking. This after calling to verify at time of booking. Oh well, flight is soon, had good shuttle to Seatac. On return trip, despite putting note in original booking, and conversation with front desk on initial arrival, I called Days Inn for ride from airport, at 1 am as noted. Informed shuttle doesn't run after 11 pm! $20 more for taxi. Met with stale room adjacent to freeway, shower only functional because I have overhauled plumbing before, and knew how to hack it enough to deliver water. Left ASAP, found breakfast downtown.

• Stayed July 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Will def stay here again! Staff was always friendly. Made reservations for 2 nights, staff was very accomadating when we needed to stay an extra night and gave us the same rate. Convienient location to gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,518 reviews
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!