“Disappointed”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Port Moody
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked this hotel after being pleased with the the Days Inn in Port Angeles, Wa. However, this hotel was a different experience. The mattress was flat, old and squeaky, it wasn't completely covered by a mattress pad and the sheets didn't completely cover it either, the blanket had what looked like burn holes in it (although we were in a non-smoking room) and the bedspread looked tattered. The water pressure was low both in the sink and the shower. They advertised a hot tub but it wasn't heated. There were a couple of large stains on the ironing board cover. There was packing material from a delivery that was left outside our door throughout the evening and past the time we checked out the next day.

On the plus side, the room was very clean, the air conditioning unit looks new and operated very well, there's a nice deck area around the pool for sitting, and the lobby was spacious and pleasant looking. Unfortunately, the way they use the space in the lobby for breakfast had guests lining up for some time waiting to get food. They serve all the food (except the waffles) in a tiny little alcove that doesn't allow any flow of guests at all. You have to just stand and wait your turn. It would make more sense to me to move the two computers they have on the very long counter in the lobby to the little alcove and use the very long counter for the service of breakfast. That way guests could easily flow from one side to the other without creating a big back log. Or move the waffle makers to the alcove and move the rest of the food to the long counter that is being used by the two waffle makers.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
I'm sorry to hear about your uncomfortable stay. The management and staff always looks forward improving amenities and set up. Management has been working on upgrading supplies and furniture throughout the hotel. We appreciate your input in improving out facility to accommodate guests.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Definetly has seen better days. The location was good but the rooms are very outdated, extensive use of extension cords to run the tv and refridgerator. Extremely noisy, seriously the windows were closed yet we could hear every bit of freeway traffic as if they were wide open. The windows slide open and ours actually utilized a stick as a locking device. The mattress was pretty worn as well, looked and felt like sleeping in a soup bowl. For $75 a night I can't complain too much as that's pretty damn cheap for Seattle, but now I know why it's so cheap.

Spend a few extra $$$ and stay someplace a little bit better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Oysterville, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

In-room Wi-FiI sucks!!!! I have stayed here many times due to the location and price and do a lot of work online in the comfort of my room. But, it is like pulling teeth to get a good connection. I stayed there a few days ago along with the same problem and as before asked the front desk staff to have their Wi-Fi reset. It didn't correct the problem. I complained why the hotel management just lets the problem continue when other hotels I stay at freqently around the country have excellent Wi-Fi. All she could suggest is I come to the lobby to use it there. I asked for a adjustment to my room rate do the current and past problems. Rather than offer it without being asked to keep a return customer happy, she blew it off saying they couldn't because Wi-Fi is complimentary. Save a few bucks refusing a rate adjustment to loose my future business. How's that for business savvy?

Room Tip: Don't count on using Wi-Fi in your room if that is important. It is slow. Frequently disconnects...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I would like to respond in regards to your unfortunate stay that you've experienced at our location. We provide free amenities such as free Internet with a business center at the hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience it caused. The front desk and management offers partial discount based on issues that arise during the guest stay when addressed. Management is always concerned with improvement to the facility and services offered to guest.

Management
Fort Langley, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is an average hotel and for the price I would stay again. Everything was just OK. The park and fly package was good value and car seemed to be secure. If you are a healthy eater all you get here is white flour muffins and make yourself waffles but there were some apples and juice.
Room needed renovating but was clean. Shuttle worked for an early flight and the pick up worked but was slow. Its a bit of ways from the airport.
Wifi is sporadic and sometimes didn't work and the staff just say thats the way it is. Better wifi would be cheap addition and for todays traveler it would be a nice help.

Room Tip: It is near the freeway so a bit noisy. Some rooms quieter than others.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I checked in on a Wednesday. Thursday morning at around 7:30 I went to the front desk to 1) Tell them that my sister would be arriving that day, to pick her up at the airport, and to have a keycard ready for her and 2) have myself taken to the airport at 8:00am. The shuttle didn't get me picked up until 9:00am, and only then after I had to make an issue out of it did I finally get taken to the airport. When my sister arrived that evening, she called to have the shuttle pick her up. She was told she didn't have a reservation and that there was no one with our last name staying at that hotel. She called the other Days Inn in the area from the same convenience phone (not the one we were staying at) and was told that she had the reservation and that a shuttle would pick her up. After being picked up and taken to the wrong hotel, the same lady who told my sister that she had a reservation over the phone 5 minutes earlier now said she didn't have a reservation and that she was at the wrong Days Inn. My sister had the lady call the Days Inn we were staying at and again was told no one with our last name was registered there. My sister asked to be taken back to the airport. The wrong Days Inn she was at refused to take her back even though they were the ones who took her to the wrong Days Inn in the first place. After my sister had to walk, in the rain, back to the airport, she found out that a taxi would not take her to the Days Inn we were staying at because it was not profitable for the taxi company. My sister then called me, told me what was happening and I called the front desk on the room phone. Only after yelling at the front desk did they finally realize WE HAD THE ROOM AND RESERVATION! They finally picked her up.
On top of that, I was chewed up by bedbugs. I am still itching and feel miserable. I am so angry I will not even go into the events concerning that, because by now I think you get the picture of what kind of operation is being run at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you count this as shuttle service....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 784Donald_K
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
I apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced throughout your stay. Its unfortunate that the other hotel location wasn't willing to drop your sister off at the airport so we could pick her up. We hope you'll return to this property sometime in the future to have a more enjoyable experience.

Sean

Days Inn manager
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here as part of a park/sleep/fly package before leaving out of Sea-Tac. What they don't mention is that there airport shuttle doesn't run 24 hours a day. We had an 8:00 flight on a Saturday morning and the shuttle didn't start until 7:00 am. We had to get a taxi to take us to the airport. Afterward I emailed to see about getting that reimbursed. Never heard back. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lori M
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond in regards to your stay. Although we clearly state our shuttle hours of operation at front desk I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it caused for additional expenses you had to cover because it wasn't available earlier. Management takes each concern seriously to improve its accommodations in the future. We hope you'll return to our property in the future to experience a more enjoyable stay,

Sean

Days Inn manager
Sumas, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is a good value hotel between Seattle Airport & downtown. Rooms are clean & well-appointed with a king size bed, fridge, microwave & large TV. Convienent to I-5. Only major complaint was the breakfast bar was in bad shape when I arrived @ 9 a.m. No waffle batter, regular coffee, or milk in addition to a poor selection of most other items. Pedro, the front desk clerk, didn't give a damn about service or anything else. Other than that, this is a good choice for a budget motel in South Seattle.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy freeway in the back.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TravlinNole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Georgetown Inn
Georgetown Inn
#18 of 100 in Seattle
Ramada SeaTac Airport North

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!