“enjoyed our 3 night stay”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed July 2/3/4 2012. Traffic noise from I5 can be drowned by running the fan.It was not a problem at all. The breakfast area could be larger & better stocked. The hotel was clean. Bus stop 1 block away for express to downtown seattle. deffinately stay here again.

Room Tip: North rooms sould be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your enjoyable experience at South Seattle Days Inn Tukwila. We appreciate hearing any improvements or benefits our property provides to our guests. We hope you visit our property in the future and experience even a more pleasurable stay.
Sean
Days Inn manager

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stood in line to check in only to be told by maid that the room would not be cleaned for at least another hour, it was 4pm. Maid told us to go back to front desk and tell them she was behind but had another room almost done. Waited in line again. Assigned another room. That night at 11pm were suddenly awakened , by people trying to open our door, they had key. Advised people that they were at wrong room. People said that front desk said this was their room. Ready to call police when they finally left. Front desk called and asked who we were. Advised that we were people that they checked in at 4pm for this room. Needless to say we were upset, scared and not trusting of the staff. Staff said "oh well, thats what happens when we are busy". If this is what happens when they are busy, we will never stay at another Days Inn. Went to speak with front desk the next morning about issue and was told by young man that laughed at me that "this happens", no apology, no acknowledgement that we were upset and had not slept all night after the experience. This has to be the worst Days Inn that we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. The front desk staff and housekeeping should have attended serving you more quickly despite the fact of busy season. Management is always concerned with improvement to the facility and services offered to guest and will work toward improving such problems. Despite of this unpleasant experience management would like to see you back sometime in the future to experience a more pleasurable stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked this hotel after being pleased with the the Days Inn in Port Angeles, Wa. However, this hotel was a different experience. The mattress was flat, old and squeaky, it wasn't completely covered by a mattress pad and the sheets didn't completely cover it either, the blanket had what looked like burn holes in it (although we were in a non-smoking room) and the bedspread looked tattered. The water pressure was low both in the sink and the shower. They advertised a hot tub but it wasn't heated. There were a couple of large stains on the ironing board cover. There was packing material from a delivery that was left outside our door throughout the evening and past the time we checked out the next day.

On the plus side, the room was very clean, the air conditioning unit looks new and operated very well, there's a nice deck area around the pool for sitting, and the lobby was spacious and pleasant looking. Unfortunately, the way they use the space in the lobby for breakfast had guests lining up for some time waiting to get food. They serve all the food (except the waffles) in a tiny little alcove that doesn't allow any flow of guests at all. You have to just stand and wait your turn. It would make more sense to me to move the two computers they have on the very long counter in the lobby to the little alcove and use the very long counter for the service of breakfast. That way guests could easily flow from one side to the other without creating a big back log. Or move the waffle makers to the alcove and move the rest of the food to the long counter that is being used by the two waffle makers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear about your uncomfortable stay. The management and staff always looks forward improving amenities and set up. Management has been working on upgrading supplies and furniture throughout the hotel. We appreciate your input in improving out facility to accommodate guests.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Definetly has seen better days. The location was good but the rooms are very outdated, extensive use of extension cords to run the tv and refridgerator. Extremely noisy, seriously the windows were closed yet we could hear every bit of freeway traffic as if they were wide open. The windows slide open and ours actually utilized a stick as a locking device. The mattress was pretty worn as well, looked and felt like sleeping in a soup bowl. For $75 a night I can't complain too much as that's pretty damn cheap for Seattle, but now I know why it's so cheap.

Spend a few extra $$$ and stay someplace a little bit better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

In-room Wi-FiI sucks!!!! I have stayed here many times due to the location and price and do a lot of work online in the comfort of my room. But, it is like pulling teeth to get a good connection. I stayed there a few days ago along with the same problem and as before asked the front desk staff to have their Wi-Fi reset. It didn't correct the problem. I complained why the hotel management just lets the problem continue when other hotels I stay at freqently around the country have excellent Wi-Fi. All she could suggest is I come to the lobby to use it there. I asked for a adjustment to my room rate do the current and past problems. Rather than offer it without being asked to keep a return customer happy, she blew it off saying they couldn't because Wi-Fi is complimentary. Save a few bucks refusing a rate adjustment to loose my future business. How's that for business savvy?

Room Tip: Don't count on using Wi-Fi in your room if that is important. It is slow. Frequently disconnects...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

I would like to respond in regards to your unfortunate stay that you've experienced at our location. We provide free amenities such as free Internet with a business center at the hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience it caused. The front desk and management offers partial discount based on issues that arise during the guest stay when addressed. Management is always concerned with improvement to the facility and services offered to guest.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is an average hotel and for the price I would stay again. Everything was just OK. The park and fly package was good value and car seemed to be secure. If you are a healthy eater all you get here is white flour muffins and make yourself waffles but there were some apples and juice.
Room needed renovating but was clean. Shuttle worked for an early flight and the pick up worked but was slow. Its a bit of ways from the airport.
Wifi is sporadic and sometimes didn't work and the staff just say thats the way it is. Better wifi would be cheap addition and for todays traveler it would be a nice help.

Room Tip: It is near the freeway so a bit noisy. Some rooms quieter than others.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I checked in on a Wednesday. Thursday morning at around 7:30 I went to the front desk to 1) Tell them that my sister would be arriving that day, to pick her up at the airport, and to have a keycard ready for her and 2) have myself taken to the airport at 8:00am. The shuttle didn't get me picked up until 9:00am, and only then after I had to make an issue out of it did I finally get taken to the airport. When my sister arrived that evening, she called to have the shuttle pick her up. She was told she didn't have a reservation and that there was no one with our last name staying at that hotel. She called the other Days Inn in the area from the same convenience phone (not the one we were staying at) and was told that she had the reservation and that a shuttle would pick her up. After being picked up and taken to the wrong hotel, the same lady who told my sister that she had a reservation over the phone 5 minutes earlier now said she didn't have a reservation and that she was at the wrong Days Inn. My sister had the lady call the Days Inn we were staying at and again was told no one with our last name was registered there. My sister asked to be taken back to the airport. The wrong Days Inn she was at refused to take her back even though they were the ones who took her to the wrong Days Inn in the first place. After my sister had to walk, in the rain, back to the airport, she found out that a taxi would not take her to the Days Inn we were staying at because it was not profitable for the taxi company. My sister then called me, told me what was happening and I called the front desk on the room phone. Only after yelling at the front desk did they finally realize WE HAD THE ROOM AND RESERVATION! They finally picked her up.
On top of that, I was chewed up by bedbugs. I am still itching and feel miserable. I am so angry I will not even go into the events concerning that, because by now I think you get the picture of what kind of operation is being run at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you count this as shuttle service....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 784Donald_K
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

I apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced throughout your stay. Its unfortunate that the other hotel location wasn't willing to drop your sister off at the airport so we could pick her up. We hope you'll return to this property sometime in the future to have a more enjoyable experience.

Sean

Days Inn manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Days Inn Seattle Aurora
Days Inn Seattle Aurora
#84 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!