“Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila - Pay for what you get” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila - Pay for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay at this hotel in the future. It is not fancy or anything special but for the price, it is worth every penny. Breakfast is typical - hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, danish,coffee/milk/juice, hand fruit. There used to be waffles but not this last visit. The pool is an outdoor pool & jacuzzi (pool was heated) - great for the kids. (Although, not always spotless due to occassional leaves, but usable). The rooms are clean. Room service was good. We have stayed several times as a typical night costs approx. $60. PLUS, bonus the super-center (mall-type) place is only approx. 10 minute drive (lots of good restaurants, malls, etc. such as Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Outback, Target, malls, & ther big stores). This hotel is approx. 15 minute drive (with no traffic) on the I-5 to Seattle. It's right off the I-5 so makes a good location (with gas stations close by).

Room Tip: We stayed in a double-queen upstairs & king downstairs - both with the pool courtyard and close...
1 Thank Travel_Folks_1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We booked this hotel for two nights online from a recommended website. Upon arrival, the room was clean, but had an awful smell. Something I could overlook for the price.
The air conditioner never worked and the room was beyond uncomfortable. I spoke with the front desk manager, he was nice and offered to fix the unit, supply a fan, or move us later that night if the problem continued.
Again, for our second night there was no air conditioning. I phoned the desk and was told “housekeeping can sometimes fix things around here”. I chuckled and said ok, then was told I would have to wait until morning. When I responded to the front desk and told him I was checking out in the am, and that was not an acceptable answer to the dilemma, he told me not to stay at this hotel again.
This hotel solves problems by telling you to never come back. Why stay somewhere that doesn’t value a returning guest. We frequent this city frequently and know many others that do as well. Trust me, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Justin G
Wallowa, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed 8/16 overnight, arriving early though it was no problem parking and allowed by management. My room was quite clean and comfortable though admittedly a tad musty (to be expected after going "No Smoking" after years of permitting such, as not all guests will respect this change). The staff from the front desk to the maid service were all friendly and quite accommodating to me, everyone receiving my questions and suggestions with attention & respect. Everything worked well from the kitchenette to shower/tub to lighting and TV. Nice wireless signal too. Very good dollar value, saving me $20+ over other nearby, available and comparable lodging. Was happy overall and will stay again, the location a good jumping off place to the Seattle metro area. If you are "high end" & expect such then this is not the place for you. However, if you are satisfied with a clean, comfy and safe place to rest and use as a base of exploration then this is a good choice in my estimation. The continental breakfast was very good too! Looking forward to my next visit, thank you. Respectfully, David

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are always quieter. Out front rooms are also quieter, as the freeway runs in the very...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David W
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Management appreciates your feedback in regards to your enjoyable stay. Each staff member works hard in making guests stay enjoyable and relaxing, therefore, hearing your feedback allows them to feel their work pays off. Your feedback helps us improve and service our guests better in the future. We hope to see you back again soon.
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel was absolutely gross....Booked the hotel online. It stated pets were allowed. Got to the hotel and a sign stated "NO PETS"....I told the lady that it stated online they were allowed..she said "oh, it's a new policy and it wasn't changed online yet"....ok whatever. Walked into the room and it smelled like urine....disgusting smell. Found hairs in the shower...power went out in the bathroom and vanity area for about 3 hours...in the morning, made it hard to get ready....The bathroom had a broken door. Just a dirty dingy place. The so called "Continental Breakfast" was a joke...nothing to choose from, out of milk....we walked out and didn't take advantage....My recommendation is if you want a dirty room, choose this hotel. Oh and it cost $190 for two nights! On the bright side....the room was quiet and the bed was okay comfort wise!

Room Tip: Look at all reviews before you EVER book a room
1 Thank Rhonda T
The hotel is conveniently located near South center mall, Sea-Tac Airport and downtown. We provide free amenities such as free Internet with a business center and complimentary breakfast. Its unfortunate that our accommodations were unsatisfying because management is always concern with improving the facility and services offered to guest.
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was a very sad visit hotel out dated General manager , I don't know how she was made a manager but if i treated my Staff the way she treats guest, I would have been fired a long time ago , Service was poor and was not worth the Money.

Steer clear of this Dump

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank timboi
I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay. The management has been working to improve amenities available to guest. We appreciate your feedback toward improving out accommodation toward guests.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Let me preface by saying I don't have a princess bone in my body so consider that when reading my recommendations as I don't go on vacation to complain about the small stuff, but I will try to be reasonable :-) .
We flew into the Sea-Tac airport to attend a concert at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, WA. This location appealed to me due to the price and location being 1/2 way between Seattle and the amphitheatre. We were able to check in early at 9AM when we arrived because our room was ready. I requested an inside room because of previous posts about highway noise. Yes, this hotel is right next to the freeway and even in an inside room you can hear some traffic noise but only if you were really listening for it. The staff we dealt with were friendly and courteous; front desk and woman at the continental breakfast. The room was older but very clean and comfortable. There was not much water pressure in the room, but it served its purpose. The bed was comfortable, and I had a good night's sleep. The pool too was clean and nice place to cool off at. The continental breakfast was served 6 - 9:30 and included pastries, toast, cereal, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and muffins along with coffee and juice. I cannot comment to the neighbourhood itself as we did not spend any time there but there are a couple of convenience stores/gas stations and not much else on that street. It was a very short hop to get into Seattle and easy to get to the tourist traps we were looking for (Safeco Field, Underground Tours, Pike Market, Space Needle) off the I-5. It was also very quick and easy to get to Auburn for the concert.

Overall, for me, this was a very nice place to stay. Price was right, very comfortable, friendly people with smiles, got a good night's sleep, fed me in the morning, and location was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey F
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond in regards to your enjoyable experience. Management always appreciates hearing personnel experience other guests can benefit from hearing. We hope you visit our property in the future and experience even a more pleasurable stay.
Sean
Days Inn manager
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

we were supposed to stay for 2 nights but on our first night we were forced to leave the room due to very unpleasant smell inside the room. as soon as you walked inside the room, you can already smell that something is not right. we even saw an equipment running inside the room that has a tag ozone air. we don't know if this is some deodorizing equipment or something else. we called the receptionist and they sent out a housekeeper. She took out the ozone air equipment and replaced with different deodorizer and sprayed some air refreshner. those things made the room really worse. we have 2 kids sleeping in the room and we were worried that they might inhale those chemicals in our room. At 2 AM, we were forced to leave the room as we couldnt stand the smell anymore. the receptionist could do anything. We were forced to look for a different motel at 2 am!

Tomorrow we are going back to that motel to get a refund as we really didn't sleep in that room. We checked in on Aug 8/2012 at around 11pm and checked out on Aug 9/2012 at 2am.

Now I am typing this message here at Econo Lodge and it's now 3:03am Aug 9th.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you've experiences with the room smell that made you decide to leave. Management is always concerned with improvement to the facility and services offered to guest and will work toward improving such problems. In addition, front desk also tries accommodating guests by switching rooms if possible when such problems occur. Despite of this unpleasant experience management would like to see you back sometime in the future to experience a more pleasurable stay.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,518 reviews
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!