“Very good motel. Other than very poor internet connection...”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked at the Days Inn hoping that spending more money than other nearby budget hotels I would get a better experience. I'm not a picky person, but the hotel room should have been priced at closer to $70 since this hotel was not any better than the $60 a night flea bag hotels nearby.

First, my room was missing half the door safety latch which made me feel a unsafe. Since half of the latch was there, it wasn't as if their rooms didn't have latches--they simply didn't fix it.

Second, I noticed a longish receipt in the middle of the floor when I walked in. I'm not expecting the place to be spotless (it is a budget hotel after all) but missing such an obvious thing makes me think they probably did an equally careless job on other things.

The air conditioning in my room (and it looked like the other rooms as well) was a very old window unit. This caused several issues. First, because it was so old it didn't put out cold air very forcefully. Since it was a window unit, not putting out air forcefully meant that the room's temperature didn't get comfortable for quite a while. In addition, because it was a window unit it didn't have much ability to filter the air which probably contributed to the overall dustiness of the room. The room being dusty could be a problem if you are an asthmatic.

For a large part of my stay, the wifi didn't work and the wifi signal wasn't very strong despite my room being very close to the front desk.

I was disappointed that dispute heavily advertising their free airport shuttle it only ran from 7am to 11pm. One of the reasons I spent more money on the Days Inn was because they offered a shuffle which would save me a $15 cab ride but it only ran from 7am to 11pm which is not useful for those who leave/arrive for/from the airport early or late.

The room's bathroom had several issues. The bathroom door had a large hole (not a see through hole) on one side. The toilet didn't refill very quickly and had a slow leak which was audible in the bedroom portion of the room. The hot water for the shower would vary in temperature which made it difficult to enjoy a shower since the water was constantly changing from either too hot or too cold. The water pressure also left a lot to be desired.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel at the current price point and my experience makes me skeptical the management cares too much.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed 2 separate nights- first was a terrible experience and the other was significantly better as the title says. Our room for the first night was somewhat old and run down, but nothing major EXCEPT the AC unit which was ancient and, most importantly, not cooling at all. We asked the front desk clerk for help, but she just gave us an "sorry we are full occupancy, and the manager is out." After asking repeatedly for anything to help cool the room, we asked her to give us the extra fan we saw in the back of the office storage- she couldn't come up with this idea herself, and we lugged it up to the room ourselves. Goes without saying, the manager wasn't there in the morning either to hear about this clerk's terrible performance. Remarkably unhelpful, terrible stay.
We never saw this clerk during the next stay, and we had a room with a relatively new AC unit. So wouldn't you know it- this stay was much better and what we expected from a Days Inn! WiFi service was slow and spotty through the motel though.

Room Tip: Make sure to CHECK that the AC unit works soon after check in!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M P
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Started off the trip with being abandoned at the airport in the middle of the night because the airport shuttle that they advertise as a feature for the hotel refused to pick us up. There were a few employees that were very nice (and I wish I wrote down their names so they could get praise) but the majority were SO RUDE. Rooms and breakfast was average. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, do yourself a favor and run far, far away. It is one of the most disgusting hotels I've ever stayed at. There are cracks in the wall, pictures are all askew, the toilet takes 10 minutes to refill (which means it will inevitably get stopped up), the sink does't drain, there are stains and burn marks in the carpet, the chair is grubby and dirty, the bed spread is faded, the AC is too loud and rattles, it's right next to I5 and the walls are paper thin, it seems to serve as a truck stop so you will be woken at 5am with large diesel rumblings outside your door, the doors and walls have holes and old adhesive from signs/mirrors long gone, you get one measly little towel and wash cloth, the sink only has "off" and "full blast", and there are plenty of run-down abandoned buildings around this hotel's neighborhood. But hey the wi fi is free.

Room Tip: just dont go
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank guymandude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Georgetown Inn
Georgetown Inn
#18 of 100 in Seattle
Ramada SeaTac Airport North

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!