“Very Average”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Better then some of those nasy places in seatac, but far from an upper end hotel...
They tend to get me checked in extreamily quick and the ladys are always super super nice! The rooms are just ok and the breakfast is the same as every extended stay (muffins, chewy bars and coffee) this one is not completly indoor, I am not much of a fan of that.. close to the mall and highways and a definate thumbs up for the luggage carts and elevator!!!! lol

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our front desk staff. Also, I am glad we offered a convenient location for your stay.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Walked into the first room unbearable smell of lysol- ummm I wonder what they were trying to cover up? Front desk agent checked us into the 2nd room and it smelled like greasy fried food. Bathroom walls around tub had mold. Noisy rooms. Police on megaphone in the middle of the night woke us up. Need I say more. Don't waste your money here!

1  Thank BaseballMama56
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the rooms you were checked into had an odor and the cleanliness did not meet your standards. In response to your feedback, I am having my housekeeping staff address the be more diligent in inspecting rooms following a cleaning and before check-in to ensure it is ready for guest.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tuk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have mixed feelings about our stay. Location was good for our purposed. Handicap shower was not the best and the shorer head came loose. Departure was scarry because staff did not properly schedule the shuttle to get us to the airport.

1  Thank Grace M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

ESA was accessible and convenient for my family's needs. Breakfast had a good variety of choices and room cleanliness was ok. Non smoking area was not strictly enforced. Other guests were smoking right in front of our "handicap accessible and non-smoking" room.

Room Tip: check and make sure they honor their promotion.
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The room smelled and had a sticky feel. The pillows smelled like they came from a smokers room and I think someone lost control of their bodily functions on the carpet. I had reserved a room for three nights but checked out early and found a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room was not clean. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are addressing the cleanliness issues you mentioned. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at tuk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Forced into staying there by lack of choice in downtown Seattle.

Was given the only room available, which was a smoking room, the stench in which, was so overpowering that it literally brought tears to my eyes - and I smoke.

Clearly the previous occupants were longterm residents there, and were chain smokers - this therefore classifies it not as a hotel room, but a a boarding house, and that should make it impossible to advertise alongside regular hotel rooms, as it's not comparing like with like.

However the best was yet to come, and was a first for me in over 25 years traveling.

I was woken from a deep sleep at about 1am, by 3 drunk guys who walked into my room and switched on the lights (their magnetic key could obviously open the door), and who were as startled to see me as I was them..once we had established that I was not moving we got onto the matter of their luggage which I indicated was not in my room and could they possibly look elsewhere for it, which they were kind enough to do.

I checked out a day early and am still waiting to see what the hotel to do in the way of refunding my money, as it was without doubt the worst hotel experience I have had in a long long time, and at $166.75 wasn't an especially cheap one either.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Basil P
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with how quiet and clean this hotel was. Staff helpful and friendly. Recliner in the room and well equipped kitchenette. It has a shuttle to Seatac which we didn't use but will try next time. We had our little dog with us, and they had a good place to walk her behind the hotel. Near lots of good restaurants--do not go to The Outback. Steaks overcooked.

Room Tip: We were in room 104, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terri58687
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our quiet location and were able to take advantage of some of the nearby restaurants. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you (and your sweet dog) to repeat your experience with us in the future!