“Basic at best”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I only stayed one night, which is a good thing. The beds were hard and very noisy when you moved around. The rooms aren't stocked, so you have to "order" anything you need for the kitchenette. The staff is very helpful and will all you upon arrival to ask you if you need anything for the kitchen, but it should already be in the room. There are ice trays, which is good because there is no ice machine on the property. It would have been better if those trays had been filled at some point prior to my arrival. Trash was over flowing in the stairwells, and remained that way the whole time I was there. Rooms are exterior, so if you are a light sleeper, the highway noise will keep you awake. The breakfast offered in the morning is pitiful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sgtsbud
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am glad to hear that you found my front desk staff to be helpful. However, I am very sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues in our stairwells. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review the cleanliness standards of our common areas. As well, I am disappointed to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. I invite you to contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Where do I start...... Room smelt like stale cigaret smoke. [It was a non-smoking room.] Mold around the tub, tub did not drain. Bed was like sleeping directly on the box springs. Pillows were like putting your head on tick-tacks. At night the front of the building looks like a mens half-way house. Not worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We read your comments about your stay with us and would like to take a moment to personally respond. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. Please accept our apologies. We will be working with our staff to ensure every room is clean and fresh. We will also be inspecting all beds to make sure they are meeting our expected level of comfort.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact us directly, at tuk@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

was attending a seminar conference for a week, and didnt want to eat out every night, so i required a kitchenette that allow me to cook my meals and was impressed by the fact I can "custom order"/ choose the required amenities from a set of dishes, to pots and pans and room service brought all of this to me in a sterlized container .......just a bit of a miscommunication upon checking in, as it wasn't clear that you would have to ask for your your kitchenette supplies and hairdryer..........stayed at previous E.S.A.'s and they all still measure up !. i would totally recommend this place and would come again !

Room Tip: .....rooms on the south side corner are quieter........rooms in the front are facing the parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so pleased to read that your fully equipped kitchen met your travel needs; however, I do apologize that our policies weren't adequately explained to you at check-in. I will be meeting with my front desk staff to review guest check-in procedure to prevent your experience from being repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are happy to hear that you would stay with us again, and we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this for 3 nights for a business trip, due to all other hotels being booked for some reason. I was able to book a different hotel and left after a single night.

Ants, dirty room, smoke smells, iron didn't function properly, scary guests, etc.

Staff at the hotel was indifferent to the issues.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank washingtonstateguy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a late check in, but when I went to check in no one was in the office so I had to wait about 10 minutes before someone showed up. Once I got to my room it smelled of weed. Then I went to find a trash can and during my exploration I open the cabinet doors at which time they feel off! I went to take a shower and hair was on the shower walls and a wash cloth was hung over the top of the curtain. You can tell they don't care about the cleanliness of the rooms. I would recommend staying in ANY of the other hotels that on are the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Matt H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Matt - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that your room's level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. We have spoken to our housekeeping staff and are working on a new cleaning policy to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact us directly, at tuk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

full of smoke, smoke embedded in rug, bed, walls. When told staff, they said people come down there to smoke and it comes under the door! Toilet plugged up! Linens and towels never changed. Absolutely no service at all the three nights we were there. This was a smoking room and I suspect the maint man smoked when he came to fix the toilet as the room smelled of smoke worse than the first day. Bed was uncomfortable. alarm clock doesn't work. Shower had mold. refrigerator doors are on backwards.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room smelled of smoke and your experience did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with oure team, and we are making sure guests know the appropriate smoking areas at our hotel.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Wifi is available but don't expect good performance without paying for higher bandwidth. I have never seen this maneuver in a hotel before. The laundry room is a joke- half the washers are out of order and a couple of dryers as well. There used to be a vending machine but it looked as if it had been broken into. Washer and dryer loads are $2 each. These people are GREEDY. Anyone else ever have to pay extra for high speed internet and the use of a guest laundry?

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us improve. Thanks to your comments we were able to make positive strides to improve the areas you mentioned in your review.

Please contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.