“Noisy, didn't get much sleep.”

Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Spokane, Washington
“Noisy, didn't get much sleep.”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was my second stay here, and not much has changed in the past year. The heater was noisy,the bed uncomfortable. There is only one serving of coffee in the room, so I got some before we went up upon check in. There is a Starbucks in the lobby now, but it isn't open early enough. We were on the train side, but I enjoy trains and was only awakened once by the train......The bedspread had a hole in it, and the bed was squeaky and shakey. I guess I'm not used to a box springs, but I felt and heard every time my partner moved. This would not be my choice of hotels, but in this case I don't get to choose. I suppose it was ok for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. We always appreciate guest feedback. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay and understand how important a good nights sleep can be.
We would appreciate the opportunity to know what room you stayed in, if you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed here twice in just over a month now, and would not hesitate to keep staying here for business or leisure. I have managed to get great rates both times, and consider this place a great value.

The staff have all been even more nice and helpful than at most other properties I can remember. The on demand free shuttle has worked without a hitch, the lobby and corridors have been really nicely remodeled, beds have been amazingly comfortable, basic WiFi is free, and the location is pretty close to the airport and some shopping.

The only negative is that the room decor and furniture clearly hadn't been updated with the rest of the building. It just feels a little sad in the rooms.

Overall, this Courtyard hits a lot of my important factors out of the park. I definitely recommend.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a mini fridge and microwave if needed. Both times my rooms facing the m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
White Salmon, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The hotel is nice and safe by all standards. The property is aging a bit and the rooms will need to upgraded soon. Overall I really enjoy this hotel and have stayed a few times. Moreover I really enjoy the flexibility that staying in the Tukwila area provides when I am traveling in the Seattle region.

This property is about 5 miles to the airport, 8 miles or so to the Boeing Museum, 12 miles to downtown. The rates are quite reasonable in this area as well. Quick access to the 405 freeway allows for lightening quick escapes too. Overall this is a nice facility and close to many tourist destinations.

Unfortunately there is a slight drawback. The railroad has a rail line that runs freight right behind this property. I have lived nearby railroad tracks before and can handle the noise. Unfortunately my partner in crime didn't have a good night. There were lots of trains that went through on a recent Friday night and disrupted some sleep patterns. While it wasn't as bad on the Saturday it still needs to be stated.

As I said overall this property is fantastic. When I was staying there were many Niners fans & lots of kids with families for a soccer tournament. I tried to use the Jacuzzi, but tired quickly of 8 year olds doing cannonballs in the small pool and then running back to the regular pool. I'm not a hater as I did the same thing as a kid. Unfortunately I was just looking for a restful soak and decided to run back to the room almost immediately.

Room Tip: Get a room on the West side of this Property to avoid noisy trains.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. Loved the 24 hour shuttle, staff was friendly hotel was clean. I would stay here again.
Laundry facility needed some updating, dryer took 2 cycles to dry.
Across the street is a 24 hour 7-11 as well as some fast food places with in walking distance.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cirencester
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It is not a clean hotel, it is tired in need of a refresh. Not a lot going for it really. Would I return defiantly not. Poor value for money and the driver of the court essay bus was a maniac, revving the engine of the bus as if it was a sports car, driving far too fast. This hotel has nothing going for it

Room Tip: Better quality hotels available at the same or a better price
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike D
California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

There was a Black Friday deal on the rates for the room, which led to some great prices for our 2-night stay. The location is convenient to get to Seattle and the surrounding areas. The bed is comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. However, the thing keeping this review from getting a 5th star is that the housekeeping seems to not have done a thorough job in cleaning the room. There were areas that they had missed cleaning. Instead of providing the usual 1 shampoo bottle, 1 conditioner bottle, and 1 lotion bottle, they provided 1 shampoo and 2 lotion bottles. Not only that, but 1 of the lotion bottles was clearly used already by a previous guest. Overall, it was still a good stay and a great price, but it just makes me doubt the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Glendale , California USA
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked a 3 night hotel stay here via Expedia. Actually we did it on 2 bookings. first one with 2 nights and we added another night via Expedia as well. We were on our trip to Vancouver for a couple of more days after this trip. The hotel offers 24 hour complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. They also offer shuttle to the South Center mall near the hotel as well. The lobby was very nice. You get a complimentary apple cider and lemon water. Check in was fast. They will put some amount of money on hold from your card for incidentals and will credit it back upon check out. We requested a room on the higher floors away from the railroad tracks and fronting the highway/parking lot. The room was big,. We got a 2 queen bed with a small chair, table, fridge and microwave. The toilet is just right. There is also a flat screen TV.In room wifi is free but if you want to upgrade for faster speed , there is a fee. We did not try the breakfast buffet at their restaurant. We just buy our breakfast at the nearby fast food restaurant beside the hotel. There is also a 24/7 store across the street. A gas station as well. They also offer a desktop computer to use at the lobby. The pool is small but OK as well as the whirlpool. They also have a gym with weights and treadmills.They have a guest laundry area with 2 washer and 2 dryer. I read it some where that the dryer does not dry enough, which is true. I need two cycles of drying to have all the clothes completely dry . Check out is fast as well. Overall, for the price we paid, it's worth the money! The only downside why i gave it a 4 star is that they did not clean our room on the last day that we stayed. I do not know what happened somewhere. We have to ask a clean set of towels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors (7th or 8th floor) facing the car park/street , less noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family