“Why you should not stay at this motel”
Review of Travelodge Sea-Tac

Travelodge Sea-Tac
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It's like a crime scene. Seriously, no sleep, didn't even get under the covers and I only stayed because there were no other options. Do not stay at this place unless you want an Alfred Hitchcock experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Colleen G

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Everything was great from the pick up on Island 3 by RAJ he was a very nice and got us there safe. Night lady greeted us nicely got us a room in front I loved that she also brought us towels when asked.The room was very clean smelled a little old ,but was ok. Had a nice breakfast 2 day stay muffins were just delicious.Free WiFi I will be returning here Staff was great. I do have one complaint as we were leaving in the morning the Asian woman was not very nice to one guest he was a man that needed a little love and she embarrassed him I didn't like when she sprayed the air fresher all around it was very pleasant. Needs to work on Customer Service besides that staff was great. Thank you Halina for getting us back to airport safely you are such a doll.

Room Tip: Bottom floor was so easy on my knees
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel itself was pretty much what I expected. Yes, the safety lock was broken, but there was still a bolt that worked. The lights between the bed did not work (I did not check to see if it was in fact severed. like JS said). Ann got us a fridge and microwave at no additional charge, which was nice. No problems with the TV or hot water, but the showerhead leaked a bit while in use. The blanket on my bed was torn, and there was a hole in the bedspread. We did not expect a luxury room, so no surprises here. The best part was being two blocks from the light rail. It saved us money on parking in downtown, and Ann was the one that pointed it out to us.

Room Tip: Top floor means no one over your head at odd hours, but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

No bath towel, the towel I had was dirty, a refrigerator that did not work, no ice bucket, clogged bathtub drain. Maybe not acceptable, but tolerable, for 50 or 60 bucks a night. I paid $125. Not happy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KommissarKen
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were lured by low price and availability, and since we booked super last minute, and this was the only place open in the Seatc area, we should have taken this as a clue. We did not read the reviews first, a total mistake.
First, the safety lock was completely broken off our door. Sketchy, but we piled furniture and luggage in front. I read reviews later that talked of people "accidentally" coming in rooms like this. We were lucky, thank goodness!!!
There was no coffee pot for coffee machine, no cable or reception, no light by bed as cord was creepily severed, and no hot water for a shower. The wake up call did not happen, AT ALL but luckily the decible level of the surrounding rooms kept me up so we did not miss our plane despite no wake up call. The AC was on and off every 2 minutes, a waste in every way plus loud as heck. And the chemical smell when we entered the room was overpowering. We did not do food there so cannot comment.
The ride to the airport and back was fine, as was our car, so two stars. We had no bad interactions with employees but were only there for 6.5 hours, so, not much time for issues with people. Just a crap-load of issues with the room and sketchy safety.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless only choice, then be wise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank J S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived at the airport around 11:00am last week and we were so tired and wanting to get rest and couldn't wait to get to our place of stay which happen to be the TRAVELLODGE (SeaTac). We called , but never got a answer mind you we called 15 times till we got a woman on the line who stated that we got the wrong number and just hung up (RUDE). I thought maybe I did. I checked the number it was the correct one. I called back again and again no answer its now been 45 minutes. We finally got the same woman who answered before. I let her know we were at the airport and needed a shuttle she said it would be awhile. I asked how long she stated I don't know I couldn't believe my ears. We waited and waited and waited. I called again it's going an 1 hour and 45 minutes and we were still at the airport. She finally answered the phone again and was so incredibly rude and talking so fast. But sent the shuttle. I was so disappointed with her and her Customer Service. I arrived at the Hotel and asked to speak to Manager she stated he was out of office. I gave her my name and number and asked her to have me give him a call. I waited waited and waited. Never got the call. I was like this is not happening how can one person be so unkind. but then the next she calls us saying we have late check out and have to pay or she call police we were staying for 7 days. I was ready to leave the Travelodge but my family said let's stick it out. this woman called us 3 times about a late check out. Try to charge us $40.00 for a refrigerator. She was just awful. I never got to speak to the Manager I hope he or she will see this and take action. She is very rude and uses profanity in lobby. However the the 2 other ladies that worked were Awesome I mean just so nice. Night lady went above and beyond she help me with directions to print and was greeted with a smile all time. Afternoon lady same she was kind and just very polite. Night driver on way back to airport was on the phone I don't think that is good safety for guest. But will not return due the morning shift Asian woman I think she said Amy.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mrs B
Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Days Inn Seatac Airport
Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Been to Travelodge Sea-Tac? Share your experiences!