“Tukwila Best Value in on the River” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
San Diego, California
“Tukwila Best Value in on the River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

found the place by chance just driving by, it has a one bedroom apt unlike most hotels, it's right on the river in a wooded area, on a quiet highway near freeways and shopping, it has pool, laundry, breakfast and the nicest staff...thanks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Paul C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our stay at ABVI in Tukwila was very satisfying. We were there for four nights and had a group staying in eight of their rooms. We were very pleased with the huge rooms and service. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MamaMicheleMarie
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

For the price we paid we had a very big room with living room and kitchen that we used and, even though the utensiles were limited, we managed to cook dinner and breakfast. We stayed there for 2 nights. Breakfast offered was poor. Swimming pool (totally unexpected) in good condition. Service was helpful to fulfill our requests. We got the offer through Hotwire website (some 50$ per night, double room). Recommended if you dont mind to be some miles far from Seattle and you are looking for good value.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the one we had, this area was specially good and far from the road noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheEmptyQuarter
Tegulcigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

As one who travels frequently for business and who well knows the Seattle metropolitan area, this property is unique - in the best sense - and is very well situated. Former reviewers of this property who who are less well traveled and/or knowledgeable of this area, with its cost of living, etc., have likely had false expectations on many fronts. If one is looking for a "Four Seasons" experience or, heaven forbid(!), an experience where one would have to actually have to interact with another human being, I regret to say that you are out of luck. Then again, what were your expectations?!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jgraber
Dave C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Mr. Graber,
I want to thank you for your review of our property. It is always a pleasure to see you return to Americas Best Value Inn-Tukwila. I am so happy that we can fulfill your lodging needs with very large rooms and affordable rates for short or long term stays. Once again, it is a pleasure to serve you and look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.

Dave Chesak
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

this was the worst experience we have ever had at any hotel. Alicia at the front desk was the only thing that made this remotely bearable. when we arrived, the Arcadia door was open, airing the place out. the smell was terrible, like feces. We were stuck. there was no other hotel in the area with any opening. there's was a kitchen in the room, so we went to the grocery store to get cleaning supplies and air freshener. I arrived three kitchen , and cleaned the sparse dishes in the room. I made some chicken and Mac n cheese that we bought from the store. the pan left Teflon in our Mac n cheese, and my son threwup his chicken because of the smell. the blanket that was provided by the office had a huge yellow strain on it. the windows used sticks to bar the shut. it was awful. I managed to get a room at midnight that night for double tree. We left as soon as the sun came up. I left all the groceries I had purchased because we had no refrigerator etc at the double tree. what a nightmare. this place is not a hotel. it is a weekly rental that houses transients and is not a place to vacation. I learned my lesson. they would not refunds me for the 2 nights that we did not stay. I will fight this out with my credit card company or in court. this place needs to be Shut down.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Angiegirl24
Dave C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Angiegirl24,

I would like to apologize for the problems you had with your recent stay at Americas Best Value Inn-Tukwila. It was not brought to my attention that there was a bad odor in your room; this should have been corrected upon check in. The condition of the blanket you were given by the front desk should have been checked before given to you and is unacceptable. I am extremely sorry for this. Your experience at our property was anything but typical and I apologize that these problems were not rectified immediately. Please contact me personally regarding a refund for your stay. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Dave C.
Americas Best Value Inn-Tukwila
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Positives - easy to find, very large rooms/suites, ample sized kitchenette with full sized refrigerator, range, sink, small microwave. Comfortable king bed but the sheets barely fit - my wife and I took turns pulling the sheets off each other rolling over at night. Newer flooring and paint. Price is low/reasonable compared to other hotels.
Negatives: took 25 minutes to check in, the one (pleasant) clerk was overwhelmed and had to run out to check on whether rooms had been cleaned at 3:20 (20 minutes after check-in time). Older, dated furniture and fixtures. Seemed pretty clean but the fitted sheet had a stain on it that didn't come out in the wash. Older building built with thin walls but not horribly noisy - fortunately didn't have noisy neighbors - I would suggest earplugs if you are a light sleeper due to road noise. Kitchen was supplied with one fork, two spoons, 0 knives of any sort, 4 each plates/cups/bowls, two small pots, one small teflon-coated frying pan (which was not clean).
Overall, barely rated 3 stars rather than 2 because of the low rate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Neilzig
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I usually do not review accommodation, but since this properly has been given flack recently, I thought I should say that this property is actually pretty decent. I was hoping that I wasn't risking my life booking a room at America's Best Value Inn and Suites, but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. For the price we paid, I'd say it was well worth it.

Pros:
- Close to Southcenter
- King County Metro #150 goes directly to Downtown Seattle
- Free breakfast
- Kitchenette, which we made good use of
- Nearby gas station actually had cheap gas if you pay by cash

Cons:
- Weak Wi-fi connection (we were in on the other side of the complex)
- Can hear creaking from people upstairs
- Since we didn't have a car during the trip, our parking pad was taken. However they come at really early hours of the morning, so we constantly hear and see the highbeams shining right in our room!

Room Tip: Bring eyemask, earplugs. Definitely try to go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family