“Never Again”

Ranked #12 of 151 Restaurants in Tukwila
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Took family here for Father's Day Brunch and can honestly say it was the worst dining experience I can remember:

* I made reservations weeks in advance for 10am.
* The restaurant opened late.
* Sat 8 of us (4 of which were seniors) in a booth.  They would not give us a larger table with chairs which would have made it much easier for the more mature ones in our party.  Two large tables with chairs that could have accommodated our party and located close to our booth remained unoccupied during our entire stay.
* Delay in wait service, and when our waitress did come by she said sorry, she was late to work.  I don't know if she was called in last minute or what the excuse was all about, but she had no idea how the brunch worked or what was included in the $25 per person price.  She seemed completely frazzled with the entire situation.
* To get to and from the buffet, we (as did everyone else) had to walk through the people gathering and waiting to be seated at the entrance.
* The food layout was terrible - unorganized and crowded.  We weren't even sure what the items were in some of the trays.
* Everything was cold.  It was gross.  The only thing I ate was an omelet and only because I could stand and watch it being made.
*The plates we're dirty, as were most of the glasses.

Normally, I would never write a review such as this, but the experience was embarrassing for me and so unbelievably poor.  I've been to this Claim Jumper on a couple previous occassions.  However, never for a brunch, and definitely never again.  So sorry I took you here dad!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

went for lunch on Saturday at 1215pm, seated right away as the restaurant was empty. Menu was very large with a wide variety of food. The portions were pretty good size, and it wasn't too pricey. Family of 3 with appetizers was $37. Nice atmosphere, not sure what it would be like on a Fri/Sat night.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I'm not sure if I reviewed this restaurant previously. But if I did, it is time for an update.
This chain was acquired by the Landry's chain some time ago. Changes came slowly and originally consisted of some dropped items and a few additions. However, recently, these changes have become more noticeable.
Prices seem to have held steady, but now many of the dinners come with a side salad... a long overdue and welcome move..Also, I usually get the rotisserie chicken. The size of the chicken served seems to have increased,,, it really was too small before.
Servers are very knowledgeable and constantly check on you,.water glass timely refilled, all the little things taken care of.
On one night, one of the dishes was a little off and we made a comment to our server (wasn't really a big deal) Like a flash, manager came over, inquired, and immediately made things right, even though we told him it wasn't necessary.
The Landry's card is great. Besides the 10% discount that accumulates toward future purchases, it also gives you a priority in reservations and in seating... and a freebie on your Birthday.
All in all, this has become a regular on our list of local places. Can't wait to try out the buffett..

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I visited last Friday Evening and chose this restaurant as we had never been before and wanted to try something new. They were busy and we were told the wait would be 20 to 25 minutes. When we arrived the outside reception area was empty and they area inside was occupied by about 20 to 25 people. I made a trip to the car after we had waited 10 minutes and the outside area was then shared by about 35 people. We waited for a total of 45 minutes and in that time the people waiting outside had diminished to 4 and inside the people waiting had changed about 1 and 1/2 times. I went to the reception desk and asked for the manager as my wife had checked on out status10 minutes earlier. I was told the same story she received, " I am so sorry, we are really busy and the kitchen is backed up", but then added that he would seat us now. The restaurant was clean and the décor was pleasant and the menu was huge. Something for everyone, no matter their taste or appetite. My iced tea came without a straw and the utensils did not include and spoon but a straw was provided when asked for. The manager checked on us and said he would return but did not. My dinner was very good but my wife received extremely cold vegetables and French fries, although her chicken was hot and delicious. The waiter happily provided hot vegetables and fries but couldn't remember to refill my wife's coffee even after she told him she was a "coffee aholic". The food was good and plentiful but it is hard to rate the whole experience without overlooking all the other shortcomings of the visit. I figured we might be offered a complimentary dessert or something, but that didn't happen. All in all we had a great visiting Seattle but were totally disappointed by our dinner. We will not go back a second time.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have eaten at several Claim Jumpers and find consistency and good service. Initially it seems the prices are a little high, but the portions are very large. We ordered an appetizer and by the time we received our orders we were getting full. The children's meals are very good and a nice variety. I only ordered a bowl of soup and was expecting a normal bowl, but their bowls are very large and seem to be about 1 1/2 times the size you get at most restaurants. All the food was prepared well. We would definitely return if we are in the area again.

Been to Claim Jumper? Share your experiences!