“Very expensive for poor quality food”
Review of Claim Jumper

Claim Jumper
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Tukwila
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Very expensive for poor quality food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure what has happened to this restaurant. Our family used to love it. We stopped here for supper coming back from the airport. The food was of very poor quality. My dish was cold and greasy. My son unfortunately ordered fried seafood which was barely edible. Our waitress kept trying to up sell us. Our family of four paid over $100 to eat here. There are dozens of places we could have eaten excellent food for that cost. Save your money...

Fort Worth, Texas
“Food is good, but they are starting to lose there edge”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

When they first started they weren't so like a chain. Better quality. Know there trying to pump people through there restaurant and the quality is slipping.

• Visited June 2014
Auburn, Washington
“Never Again”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Took family here for Father's Day Brunch and can honestly say it was the worst dining experience I can remember:

* I made reservations weeks in advance for 10am.
* The restaurant opened late.
* Sat 8 of us (4 of which were seniors) in a booth.  They would not give us a larger table with chairs which would have made it much easier for the more mature ones in our party.  Two large tables with chairs that could have accommodated our party and located close to our booth remained unoccupied during our entire stay.
* Delay in wait service, and when our waitress did come by she said sorry, she was late to work.  I don't know if she was called in last minute or what the excuse was all about, but she had no idea how the brunch worked or what was included in the $25 per person price.  She seemed completely frazzled with the entire situation.
* To get to and from the buffet, we (as did everyone else) had to walk through the people gathering and waiting to be seated at the entrance.
* The food layout was terrible - unorganized and crowded.  We weren't even sure what the items were in some of the trays.
* Everything was cold.  It was gross.  The only thing I ate was an omelet and only because I could stand and watch it being made.
*The plates we're dirty, as were most of the glasses.

Normally, I would never write a review such as this, but the experience was embarrassing for me and so unbelievably poor.  I've been to this Claim Jumper on a couple previous occassions.  However, never for a brunch, and definitely never again.  So sorry I took you here dad!

• Visited June 2014
Harrisburg, PA
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

went for lunch on Saturday at 1215pm, seated right away as the restaurant was empty. Menu was very large with a wide variety of food. The portions were pretty good size, and it wasn't too pricey. Family of 3 with appetizers was $37. Nice atmosphere, not sure what it would be like on a Fri/Sat night.

• Visited May 2014
New Mexico
“A Change for the Better”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I'm not sure if I reviewed this restaurant previously. But if I did, it is time for an update.
This chain was acquired by the Landry's chain some time ago. Changes came slowly and originally consisted of some dropped items and a few additions. However, recently, these changes have become more noticeable.
Prices seem to have held steady, but now many of the dinners come with a side salad... a long overdue and welcome move..Also, I usually get the rotisserie chicken. The size of the chicken served seems to have increased,,, it really was too small before.
Servers are very knowledgeable and constantly check on you,.water glass timely refilled, all the little things taken care of.
On one night, one of the dishes was a little off and we made a comment to our server (wasn't really a big deal) Like a flash, manager came over, inquired, and immediately made things right, even though we told him it wasn't necessary.
The Landry's card is great. Besides the 10% discount that accumulates toward future purchases, it also gives you a priority in reservations and in seating... and a freebie on your Birthday.
All in all, this has become a regular on our list of local places. Can't wait to try out the buffett..

• Visited March 2014