“Very good value for money, very friendly staff”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Not sure what the weather would be we picked this hotel to travel to the olympic peninsular NP or on to Portland. Turned out to be a very good choice. Very friendly staff, clean rooms with very good value for money! Quiet location very close to the I-5. Jetlagged as we were after a 10-hour flight from Europe we didn't try a restaurant in the evening, but the guest info in the room offers enough possibilities. Boomerang hotels has turned out to be a very enjoyable chain of hotels!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear Konijn_63

Thank you so much for your delightful review on our hotel. We truly appreciate it and are glad that you chose to stay with us during your travels. As we are not in a very well known area we always love when folks find us by chance. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

SIncerely,

Sales Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Since I have to travel to Olympia on business frequently, I have searched in vain for a comfortable place to stay. Some places are so spartan that you might think you have joined a convent, others are overpriced. Unfortunately, my optimism about the GuestHouse Inn & Suites was not supported by my actual experience there.

Only one person seems to staff the front desk, even during the busy check-in times from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. That person was taking an extended call from someone who did not even want to make a reservation, but rather wanted directions, the address, nearby attractions, etc., all of which the person could have found on the hotel website. By extensive conversation, I mean the desk clerk talked for over 10 minutes, while I stood there getting more and more frustrated. Once the desk clerk was able to check me in, it took about one minute.

I had opted to spend the extra money for a room with a jetted tub. The room was large and pleasant enough, and very clean. I tried to settle in with a smile, until I crawled into bed. This was the firmest bed I have ever encountered! It was so hard, I had trouble sleeping and arose the next morning feeling bruised! Thank goodness for the jetted tub--I had used it the night before but I had to use it again to deal with how stiff and sore I was.

The breakfast area was small, so I took some food back to my room. The food was normal fare for medium hotels: hard-boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, some fruit, juice, etc.

There are not many restaurants or much entertainment near the hotel, but the freeway is close by, so that was not a problem for me. I would recommend this hotel to people who like really firm beds, and who know the Olympia area well enough to find the good restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Twiggy195

We apologize for your experience with us. Our beds will be being replaced here very soon, and the restaurant aspect is something we cannot control, we always try to recommend something to our guests if we are asked. As far as the single staff member on duty during busy times, we have confidence that our staff can handle busy stressful situations, and I am very sorry that you had to wait so long to check in. If you are in the area again we hope that you will give us another try. We strive to make all of our guests stays as pleasant as possible. Next time around we guarantee that things will go a little more smoothly for you. Again thank you for your informative review, and should you stay with us in the future perhaps request a room with a pillow top mattress.

SIncerely,
Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Dated interior. Fairly comfortable bed and pillows. Very nice front desk people. I bought a movie DVD at nearby Costco, returned to my hotel room only to find the unit is a VHS player ! Poor quality of TV anyways. Here on business so it was very close to meetings & freeway access.

Dear Mtbearpaw,

Thank you so much for your insightful review! We appreciate your business as well and we are so glad that you choose to stay with us during your business travels. We sincerely apologize for the vending machine mishap, we got the problem fixed as soon as we could, however we are so glad that you found an amazing italian restaurant. We hope to see you again next time you are in town for business and thank you so much for staying with us!

Sales and Catering Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2011

I have stayed here three times on business. The hotel is close to many Washington State offices and convenient to I-5. The rooms are clean and the staff is always helpful. The wireless internet is free and always available with "no extra jumping through hoops" required to use it. The breakfast is free and adequate. The only negative this last time was that the soda pop vending machine was broken - so I ventured out and found a most delightful restaurant with the best lasagna since Italy - and probably better for me anyway!

Room Tip: They value repeat business and go out of their way to meet your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Mtbearpaw,

Thank you so much for your charismatic review about our facility. We appreciate it! As you are aware we value repeat guests, and pay close attention to details. We make sure to make every aspect of our of our guests stays new and repeat memorable. Thank you again for your review we hope to see you again soon!

Sales and Catering

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our family first stayed here in December 2005. Since then, I have stayed there for business. In March 2011, I had a job interview in Tumwater and once again stayed here. I met Chami Ro who went above and beyond; at 11:00pm she helped me find a computer with the program I needed to print out my presentation for my presentation. I later discovered that she was the manager and a team member had needed the evening off, so she took that shift. My family and I returned in May 2011 in order to relocate to the area. We were greeted by Amy Hildahl, lead representative who remembered me from my trip in March. She met my family and treated us as if we were family. A day or so later, Chami met with my family. We were all very appreciative of their professionalism and friendliness. We return to the Guest House when we are in Tumwater due to the service we experience.

Our room has always been clean and provided the layout for the most comfort. Anytime we needed an extra towel or shampoo, they were very accommodating.

The location provided easy access to I5, but was far enough away that you did not hear the traffic, nor smell vehicle fumes. There was also easy access to the downtown area and down town Olympia. The Jacuzzi and pool were clean and assessable. My daughter enjoyed the fitness center where she worked out after the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JTC8
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Dear JTC8,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review about not only our staff members but our facility as well. We greatly appreciate your business with us, and always treat each guest that comes through our doors as one of the family. I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet you and your family as well! We look forward to continued visits from you and your family and providing continued exceptional service. Thank you again for you review!

Sales and Catering manager

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a very clean Inn that just happens to be very pet friendly. The rooms are large with a sofa and coffee table and they allow two pets per room. You would never know that pets had been in the room because they are cleaned beautifully each day. The rates are reasonable and the grounds have lots of grassy area to walk pets in. It is off the major freeway and away from traffic. The only down side is their complementary breakfast is not consistant in items offered, their hot water for tea is not always hot and their hot breakfast items are not always hot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Konamom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! I am so sorry that the items in the breakfast were not hot! We try to make sure to keep things replenished and fresh during every breakfast, we will make sure at your next stay that the issue you experienced is taken care of immediately so that you do not have to have that inconvenience again. Great customer service, and attention to small details is our specialty and we hope to see you again so that we can make sure you enjoy every aspect of your stay with us. Thank you again for writing a review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2011

very nice hotel. Nice clean, spacious rooms.
stayed 2 different nights. Second night was spent in one of the rooms with a jacuzzi and fireplace. Very nice room. comfortable and cozy. Indoor pool was nice to swim around in to relax after a long day of driving.
Staff was also very helpful and outgoing.

Room Tip: nice hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Castlegar_11

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about our facility! We enjoy the relaxing environment here as well! We hope that you think of us again next time you head our direction!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Comfort Inn Tumwater
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater? Share your experiences!