“Fantastic Customer Service--Loni was awesome!”

Comfort Inn Tumwater
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Fabulous place to stay. My daughter and I were staying there while moving her to Olympia. Our car battery was dead the morning we were to meet the moving truck. Loni at the front desk took the time to bring her car over to jump start our car. Loni and the entire staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. I plan on staying there again when I bring my parents out to visit and anytime I am there visiting my daughter. Very clean. Comfy beds. Nice location tucked back into the trees. Hot tub was wonderful!

Room Tip: All rooms have a frig and microwave--very nice. Our room was on the backside of the building and was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette A

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I arrived on Monday, 07/08/13 at 2 PM and was greeted by Joel, who was behind the desk. I checked in and asked it Joel could help me program my GPS. He did so without hesitation and offered information where to eat and about what Comfort Inn had for services. My room was made daily until I checked out 07/13/13 at about 9 am. I never saw the cleaning lady but my room was always clean and supplied with all necessary items. Coffee was great in my room. The breakfast provided downstairs was great and kept stocked up good. I utilized the swimming pool and exercise room. Every cashier/desk attendant was very polite and courteous and with a great smile. I won't hesitate coming back the next trip when I come back from Las Vegas. Thank you again for the wonderful experience. I came to Olympia and Tumwater for a Family reunion and you made my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Clarence R
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the property is close to I5 and the Olympia Airport. It is also a short drive to a number of State office buildings. The hotel attracts many youth sports groups, especially on the weekend, which can be an annoyance if the parents do not supervise their kids properly. During my last stay there the Internet connectivity was quite problematic and I needed to derive over to a local Fred Meyer to use their free public wi if. I think the hotel mgt is aware of the situation but if you need to up/download documents during your stay, as I did, you might want to check this out first. Also, there are no restaurants within easy walking distance of the property, but many a short drive away.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ComfortInnTumwater, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We value your feedback immensely. We are sorry to hear you had difficulties with internet access in the hotel. We have remedied the situation by updating our equipment and increasing access points in the hotel. We are grateful of your review and hope that your experience is even better the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

No fake smiles here! The Comfort Inn is fortunate that they have an employee as genuinely nice as Joel. When someone likes their job, it shows.

As for the room, it was spotless save for the wall above the shower. Given that the room decor was pure 80's, I was surprised how clean it was. We did not sleep well because the mini-fridge was very noisy turning on and off (we finally turned it off). The water pressure and bathroom lighting were good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScarlettMX5

We are pleased to learn you generally enjoyed your experience in the hotel as our staff takes pride in providing excellent service to guests. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the decor and that the fridge kept you awake. We are constantly working to update our hotel as much as possible and greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope you choose to stay at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater again should you visit the area in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We have stayed here several times now. Before I mention the biggest problem, in all fairness, I will mention several positives.
They provide very good service, competitive prices, spacious rooms , clean bathrooms, clean rooms, microwave, refrigerator, and average or better breakfast bar. (Not many hotels in Tumwater but many in surrounding areas.)
If you are a pet owner, you are in luck. They seem to be pet friendly and the word is apparently out. Besides the dog in the room next to ours, 3rd floor, we saw three more on the way to lobby.
If you have pet allergies, or you don't appreciate bed spreads/blankets that are not washed each time then you are not in luck.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms apparently abound. They are often times on the first floor but this doesn't...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are constantly working to improve guests' experience at the Comfort Inn. We try to accommodate every guest as much as possible. Typically, our third floor is completely pet-free as we are aware of guest needs regarding allergies. However, when specific rooms are booked on lower floors, we have little choice but to allow pets on the third floor. We make a point to thoroughly clean and remove allergens from every room in preparation for new guests. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with that aspect of your stay. We highly value your input and will do our best to ensure a better experience should you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The staff here was one of the friendliest I have come across. We had some minor issues which were resolved immediately. The pricing was fair for the area and the location was convenient to our traveling needs. The hotel could use some minor changes. The commode seats were cheap plastic and loosely mounted which could cause a safety issue. The business center computer was not secure and allowed a guest to download files, make setting changes, and other tasks that should be reserved for the network administrator. This could cause a problem for the guest and the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

We are grateful you took the time to give us a review and we value your feedback, immensely. Our staff works to remedy issues as quickly as possible, should they occur. We appreciate you bringing the issues you experienced to our attention and we will work to address them. We are pleased to learn you had an overall enjoyable experience and hope you will choose to stay at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater the next time you visit the area. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I appreciated the concierges service; and their accomodations. I appreciated that since they couldn't book me a room that the conceirge booked a larger room for the same price with the same discounts. The staff is really nice; and I was thoroughly impressed by the rooms. The rooms come with a fridge and a microwave. Over all a great stay.

Room Tip: Make sure that your a choice privileges member.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

We greatly appreciate your kind review of our hotel. We work to ensure that all guests are fully accommodated and we try to work around obstacles as best we can. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay here and hope you will choose to stay at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater the next time you visit the area. Thank you very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
0 mi away
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tumwater - Olympia
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia

Been to Comfort Inn Tumwater? Share your experiences!