“New Review: Gone Downhill in a Hurry”

Comfort Inn Tumwater
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here again on two separate trips in May 2014. The current owners have let this place slide to an unacceptable level of customer service and facility operation.

Several of the front desk staff have appalling interpersonal/customer service skills, the guest laundry facility is out of order, the computer in the business center is old and slow, the business center printer is likewise old and not fully functional, the telephone did not work in my room and the quality/quantity of utensils in the "kitchenette suite" for which I paid a premium over a regular room was inadequate. And, the internet speed varies widely from moment to moment.

The Choice Hotel chain, in my opinion, needs to remove the current franchise holders, bring in competent management and start from the ground up. I won't stay here again unless/until they do.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Andrew95476

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Nice stop across country and friendly to dogs. Very nice upgrade to spa room with easy access to parking. Husband liked breakfast choices. Good travel place to stay and makes me think that chains are better than mom and pops most times.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Shauna, the receptionist found and printed directions to Eagle Pointe Park near the waterfront of Olympia with old growth trees where we walked with our daughter and this made our stay very memorable. Shauna and the entire staff were responsive and worked hard to make sure we were comfortable and our needs taken care of. We stayed in a King Suite which was roomy and perfect for my wife and I to have privacy from our teenage daughter. This was the best value for my money I have had in a hotel in as long as I can remember.

Karl B.

Room Tip: This hotel is popular at tournament times. Ask to be booked on floor three if tournament families w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My two daughters and I were checked in by Heather, who was so welcoming and helpful to the tired travelers. We had been driving for 10+ hours and she was a God-send. She took extra time with us and found us a room to meet our specific needs. I have allergies and am very sensitive to any type of scents. We had a wonderful relaxing room for 3 that allowed us to get a great night's rest. Heidi greeted us the next morning with her upbeat and positive outlook and prepared a full breakfast, freshening up everything whenever the supply got low. We were able to take our time and plan the day's activities before we hit the road again. I would recommend this place to anyone who is in need of respite from their travels. The price was also very easy on the pocketbook. Thanks for a wonderful restful stay ladies and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Let Heather pick your room....she's really good at it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I used to live in Olympia and booked the Inn on the recommendation of the previous posters. I was disappointed. I arrived after 9pm, and the room smelled odd when I opened the door. It was too late and I was too tired to request another room. There was only 1 person at the desk and she was fairly busy. The bed felt like a trampoline. I unplugged the little fridge as it was making too much noise to sleep. I could hear feet on the floor above which was a surprise as I thought the newer hotels had better insulation The water from the tap even tasted odd, even though Olympia area has some of the best in the state. Breakfast was the usual reliable fare, but I did have to ask at the desk for a new carafe of coffee, more pieces of coffee cake, and more utensils at 8:10.

Room Tip: Try to get to the third floor so there isn't noise above
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and value of the Comfort Inn Tumwater. This hotel is just off the I-5 before Olympia (heading North). The hotel has an unassuming presence as you approach (you come from the back side), but it is quiet and comfortable. The front desk staff are friendly and engaging. The rooms are very well appointed and everything works! We asked for a dining reference close to the hotel and it was 'spot on'. This hotel is a better choice than the ones a mile north and still as close to the Costco Gas Bar.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for one night before a local volleyball tournmament. It was just what we needed. This hotel is conveniently located right off I-5 on Exit 101, less than a mile from the South Sound Sports Center. Friendly staff... check in/out was a breeze. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the free breakfast as well. Not having stayed at a Comfort Inn before, we really didn't know what to expect. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInnTumwater, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear GK360,

I am very pleased to hear you had an excellent stay at our hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay which is the sort of experience we strive to create for every guest.

Your review is very much appreciated. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
0 mi away
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tumwater - Olympia
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to Comfort Inn Tumwater? Share your experiences!