“Back again! Same place and it was good :)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia

Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Bay Area California
“Back again! Same place and it was good :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 Tumwater, WA again and it's still the best for your dollar if your in that area. The rooms had been upgraded since the last time I stayed here and it's a definite plus. I still bring my own sheets & towels I always have u might think it's weird but I feel better sleeping on my own sheets & using my own towels (their sheets & towels are not the best or cleanest I have to say) and I bring cleaning supplies (just comet or SOS pads for the bathroom I'm a clean freak lol!) And because well it is Motel 6 after all not a five star hotel and the maids don't clean THAT good.

The thing that hasn't changed (and I've been coming to this motel for some years now is the bed and the bathroom walls (at least in the rooms I stay in). The beds totally SUCK!! I actually had a back ache when I wake up. These have to be the same beds since from the time they opened this place! The bathroom walls need to be replaced around the bathtub. The funny part about it is it can't cost THAT much to do it! They could go to Lowes and buy the vinyl wall or whatever it's called and put it in ...they could even put it over the old wall and it would look better! They tried to half paint over it and it looked really tacky. The room itself was ok...and at least the bathroom was pretty clean as was the room.

I will always come back here because I'm close to where I need to be and every time I come the staff is great. They are really friendly and nice. I have never had a problem. And if I do they always take care of it. So if your in the area and need a cheap, decent and reasonable place to stay this is it. It's close to restaurants, the freeway, and downtown Olympia if ur wanting to do a little site seeing. Not really much to see in this area to me so I usually just go to Seattle for fun. So my review is Motel 6 in Tumwater is still ok by me :) 6 1/2 out of ten stars!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was really impressed with this Motel 6. Just happened upon this one as I was ready to call it a day after 12 hours of driving. After checking in I was pleasantly surprised at how modern the room was. The colors were fun and there was no carpet! You don't get all the amenities that other hotels may provide...coffee maker, blow dryer, shampoo, etc. but that's okay as it is a budget hotel and you can't beat the price. Wi-fi is an extra charge of $3.Did have a mini fridge which is a plus. The floor looked like bamboo but I think it was a vinyl type floor cover. Much cleaner than carpet so this was a real plus for me. Would like to see more hotels go in this direction. The only downside was the noise from above in the morning. I could really hear the person walking around. I would definitely stay here again. Room and grounds are clean and well maintained

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
hopefulp
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Wow, the renovations are nice. I've stayed at this location for years, especially 5 years ago when family member terminally ill. Feel cimfortable and at home here, especially in the rooms on the side of the office which doesn't face the large parking lot. Can hear interstate 5 traffic but find it lulling. $55.00 rate includes tax (Washington state must not over-tax tourism like some do) I'm loving all the Motel 6 I've visited this year.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Cleaner than typical Motel 6. Usual efficiency and inexpensive. Really convienient for downtown Olympia! About 7 minutes! Non rush hour.But the free Wi-fi is not. This is the third Motel 6 that charged. They should change their website. Only $3, but free MacDonalds Wi-Fi 2 minutes away. Staff friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
surrey, british columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

At $49.95 (plus tax) for the night, you get a basic room at the Tumwater Motel 6. I stayed the evening of July 31, 2012, and my experience was pretty much what I expected. Small, simple room, hard queen bed, with 37 inch LCD television, tiny shower (no tub), no shampoo, tiny thin towels, wi-fi Internet available for an extra $3, and lots of road noise from the neighboring freeway (the I-5).

If you were expecting the Ritz-Carlton, you came to the wrong place. It's a Motel 6, and it provided a place to sleep, pleasant front desk clerk, and an easy walk to Starbucks. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is excellent, I give the Tumwater Motel 6 a 5.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

So this is a remodelled Motel 6 with a shiny looking LCD TV. But why bother with the LCD tv when the image quality is the same as what you would get from a normal TV? So onto good and bad.

Good:
- Clean enough
- Seemingly quiet location

Bad:
- Smelly (somehow bathroom smells like smoke)
- Can feel the springs of the mattress
- Slow internet
- Curtains allow people to see inside the room from the edge of the window which also allows them to see the mirror which allows them to see inside the whole room

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shazam10

Travellers are raving about these Tumwater hotels

Comox, Bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed in a Motel 6 a day earlier in McMinville which was good. So we decided to give it another try in Tumwater Washington. The experience wasn't good. As far as I am concerned, the bed is an important part of the stay. The bed we had was awful, you could feel the springs in the mattress . this was meant to be a refitted motel!!. The internet connection in the room was terrible. All of a sudden the signal faded away in the evening & that was that. I would not recommend this motel at this time

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank azuresky49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia? Share your experiences!