“Is Double the new Queen?”

Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Tacoma, Washington
“Is Double the new Queen?”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very typical Motel 6; meaning that the clientele is sometimes creepy, party animals, and of course the "Motel Sex" type. I did find some long brown hair in the sink; considering we both have short hair, not ours. The new paint scheme and "wood" flooring is nice; but my question is "Are Double beds the new Queen size beds? It was a very nice bed, but not wide enough to be consider queen size. They charge $2.99 + tax a day for wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brokigpojke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This tum water motel 6 is the nicest motel 6 I have stayed in. They have remodeled the rooms and nice bathrooms. Comfortable beds. The place was very clean. It is close to restaurants and places to go see locally. ill definetly be back here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Bay Area California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm back again for another review of the hotel I always stay at when I'm in town. This review is about my two most recent stays. I was here in Feb/2013 and in April/2013. In February I was very surprised that When I got ready to sleep something was different. I laid down and couldn't believe it! THEY FINALLY GOT NEW MATTRESSES!! I have been coming to this same hotel for business and leisure for over 8 yrs and I have always complained and said the beds were horrible. Well after 8 yrs they finally got new mattresses and I FINALLY got a good nights sleep (Almost Lol!) This particular trip a couple a few rooms away from me around 2am in the morning decided to act a fool. They were drunk. How it happened the boyfriend I guess knocked on my door by mistake in his drunk state...of course im not expecting anyone Im asleep lol! When i didn't open the door he started banging on the door and yelling obscenities. I looked through the peephole to get a description of him and I called the office and told them they need to call the police.They did. The police came and handled it but it took a lil while for itl to calm down, dude was yelling and acting nuts. Thank goodness nothing else happened. That is a somewhat unusual occurrence but every once in awhile you will see police there. In 8 yrs I can honestly say I have only seen the police there around 5 times in all my visits and this stuff usually happens on weekends. In the end it was all was good. The mattress was fantastic.

Next visit April/2013 ...rooms still nice the amenities are a HUGE plus for this Motel 6. It's great to have a microwave & a small fridge and the Flat screen is great. The new color scheme and floors are good (make sure they mop) Oh and did I mention they have NEW mattresses finally?! Lol! This Mo-6 is Close to restaurants and the freeway so it's all good if ur in the area...U can't beat the price. I like staying here...I have stayed at other hotels in the area that were even nicer but I stay here because it's closer to where I need to be for business. Since I always have a pretty good stay I keep coming back. The managers and staff have always been great so kudos to them! Until next time!! CIAO!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelcritique
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Motel 6 in Tumwater, WA is very basic and clean. THe motel is HUGE but the rooms are pathetically small!!!! It would seem that the Motel 6 Chain could make the rooms a tad larger for the comfort of the public!! The staff at this hotel is efficient and mostly friendly. The price is right and I understand that for 50.00 per night, we are not going to get five star accomodations and amenities ---- but GET NEW TOWELS!!! All in all --- not bad for the price!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Travelling with a dog limits our choices of accommodations so know we can always count on Motel 6. However, some of them have been not great but this property was a pleasant surprise.
I check tripadvisor first and saw favourable reviews. It didn't let me down - friendly staff and comfortable updated room. I would have given it more stars but the water pressure was actually not good at all. Taking a shower was a bit of a challenge but we managed. I do recommend this location. There is a Costco, super Walmart and fast food outlets all very close.Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Needed a place in Olympia with very little warning and needed dog friendly.
Motel 6 to the rescue...the "pet" policy is stated up front and reasonable.
The room has hard-wood floors so no problem there. Nice property to walk the dog.

One complaint, it was labled as "non-smoking" (the dog doesn't smoke either) yet the room had a faint odor of a previous smoker.

room was clean, fairly quiet, inexpensive and 5 minutes away from my 8am appointment in Olympia the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've stayed here 2 times, and both times the rooms were clean, staff friendly, and the price was right! Love how Motel 6 is remodeling to eco-friendly rooms. It makes so much sense to do away with carpet!! Think how much cleaner the floors are now! The extra bonus to us is their pet friendly policy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Olympia
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel

Been to Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia? Share your experiences!