“Very modern hotel”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Portland, Oregon
“Very modern hotel”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have been too many motel 6 across the states and I have to say this was one of the best motel 6.I have had a very nice n good room. Very quite room. Clean n very modern. Would recommend it to all of us on a budget. No problems with the room. Close to very thing in the area. Would do it again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dcbabes433

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
SEATTLE
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at plenty of Motel 6 locations, and there are plenty of differences between them. In western Washington I would rate this location as Good compared to any motel at this price. If you prefer Motel 6, you will not find any better here. The recent renovations are comfortable, and the neighborhood is decent. I recommend staying at this motel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank B T
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Motel 6 is our go-to chain when traveling with our dog. This location was newly updated. My husband was impressed be cause it had a flat screen tv. Walking distance to coffee/fast food. If there was a tv schedule to look at in the office at Motel 6, I'd be almost willing to put them at an excellent rating!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Worked very well as an affordable place to stay during a summer soccer tournament. Close to the fields and inexpensive restaurants. Double booked our room after we had checked in but they made good and gave us the night for free. Outdoor pool was on the small side but not crowded so it was enjoyable. Would stay at a Motel 6 again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very typical Motel 6; meaning that the clientele is sometimes creepy, party animals, and of course the "Motel Sex" type. I did find some long brown hair in the sink; considering we both have short hair, not ours. The new paint scheme and "wood" flooring is nice; but my question is "Are Double beds the new Queen size beds? It was a very nice bed, but not wide enough to be consider queen size. They charge $2.99 + tax a day for wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brokigpojke
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This tum water motel 6 is the nicest motel 6 I have stayed in. They have remodeled the rooms and nice bathrooms. Comfortable beds. The place was very clean. It is close to restaurants and places to go see locally. ill definetly be back here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Bay Area California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm back again for another review of the hotel I always stay at when I'm in town. This review is about my two most recent stays. I was here in Feb/2013 and in April/2013. In February I was very surprised that When I got ready to sleep something was different. I laid down and couldn't believe it! THEY FINALLY GOT NEW MATTRESSES!! I have been coming to this same hotel for business and leisure for over 8 yrs and I have always complained and said the beds were horrible. Well after 8 yrs they finally got new mattresses and I FINALLY got a good nights sleep (Almost Lol!) This particular trip a couple a few rooms away from me around 2am in the morning decided to act a fool. They were drunk. How it happened the boyfriend I guess knocked on my door by mistake in his drunk state...of course im not expecting anyone Im asleep lol! When i didn't open the door he started banging on the door and yelling obscenities. I looked through the peephole to get a description of him and I called the office and told them they need to call the police.They did. The police came and handled it but it took a lil while for itl to calm down, dude was yelling and acting nuts. Thank goodness nothing else happened. That is a somewhat unusual occurrence but every once in awhile you will see police there. In 8 yrs I can honestly say I have only seen the police there around 5 times in all my visits and this stuff usually happens on weekends. In the end it was all was good. The mattress was fantastic.

Next visit April/2013 ...rooms still nice the amenities are a HUGE plus for this Motel 6. It's great to have a microwave & a small fridge and the Flat screen is great. The new color scheme and floors are good (make sure they mop) Oh and did I mention they have NEW mattresses finally?! Lol! This Mo-6 is Close to restaurants and the freeway so it's all good if ur in the area...U can't beat the price. I like staying here...I have stayed at other hotels in the area that were even nicer but I stay here because it's closer to where I need to be for business. Since I always have a pretty good stay I keep coming back. The managers and staff have always been great so kudos to them! Until next time!! CIAO!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelcritique
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia? Share your experiences!