Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia
US$90
US$80
US$107
US$93
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion(Olympia)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia(Olympia)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$125
Quality Inn(Olympia)
US$95
Olympia Inn(Olympia)
US$76
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were very pleased with the ratio of comfort to price at this little place and would rate it as excellent value.

The check in clerk was very pleasant, helpful and efficient.

This is an older property, but it was very clean and freshly painted both inside and out. The location next to the freeway was convenient, but we were a little concerned about road noise. This was totally unfounded as they had new double glazing that was excellent. We heard no road/truck noise at all.

The room looked recently decorated in a modern cheerful Scandinavian type design. No carpet, instead some sort of vinyl wood flooring which looked nice and clean and is certainly more hygienic than any hotel carpeting could ever be. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom with shower stall was spacious. Very, very clean. Thank you housekeeping!

This is not a luxury resort, do not expect a minibar, microwave, concierge or beach side cabanas. What you will get is a quiet clean room.

An added plus was the inexpensive on site laundry - which I did use, also very clean.

We walked around the corner to El Sarape for a late dinner. A mistake, nice waitress but food was somewhere between mediocre and poor.

So in summary a good value place if you are passing through, or also a good place if on vacation and plan to tour by day and just need a central place to sleep at night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

For 1 night is good.,but no more.,
Services of maid is lousy- asking for towels 3x.
No coffee maker in room,no microwave,not even tiny fridge.
Checking in was good and fast and pool clean

Recommended for overnight only.

Room Tip: rooms in back side are probably quieter,but for one night does not raelly matter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It's motel 6. No microwave, no refrige, no in room coffee, no alarm clock, no nothing, but it was clean, safe, comfortable bed and comfortable stay.. Motel 6 is not my standard stay, but to save a few bucks, and daughter with a dog, there is nothing wrong with this place if you know what you signing up for. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank greenbulletblues
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed for 11 nights! This place was perfect for couples. The housecleaning staff pretty much keeps to themselves and they keep an eye on when you leave so as to not disturb you.
I loved the Manager, Chrissy, as she was very helpful and knowledgeable on businesses nearby to eat at, shop, and for leisure. So, I found a price on Orbitz for this place and quickly called to make my reservation through the Motel 6 reservation line. I was asked if I wanted an email confirmation of which I agreed to and thank goodness! Upon check-in, I was asked to pay wayyyy over what was in my confirmation and what was discussed with reservations...When my flight arrived, it was late and so I paid only a portion and told the night reception that I would speak with management in the morning.
So, the next day, I spoke with Chrissy and she explained to me that the weekly rate is just that and for my 11 day reservation, I should have been charged for a weekly rate then 4 days at the daily rate. But because I reserved through the Motel 6 reservation line, she would honor it. This was a troubling ordeal. I had this trip budgeted and had she not handled that for me and had I not saved my confirmation email, I would've been royally screwed.

Room Tip: For quiet, stay away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rooms have been newly renovated. My room was so clean and appeared brand new. I couldn't even see a fingerprint smudge, it was that clean, and bed was very comfortable. A pleasant experience for being Motel 6. Price was great for the area. There are also several eateries nearby, and the State Capitol building, a popular tourist spot, with free tours every hour, was only 10-15 mins away. I would definitely stay here again. I don't give it a 5 because, being near the Highway there was noise from traffic, but luckily this didn't bother me too bad cause I was exhausted, so I was still able to sleep well. The other thing that really annoyed me is that housekeeping came at 11:30am, right when I was getting ready to check out, and if you don't answer the door, they will just barge right in. I stayed at 2 other Motel 6 hotels that weekend, 6/23, 6/24, and 6/25 and they all did the same thing. They should provide "Do not Disturb" signs for their guests.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back if you're bothered by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo