Motel 6 Tumwater - Olympia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Olympia)
Olympia Inn(Olympia)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I'm a motel 6 kind of girl - I thought this one was great. I had a terminal relative living nearby and stayed at this establishment many times. I'm returning to the area in summer 2010 and planning on using this motel because of its very reasonable rates.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2010

The first warning sign was the partiers all over the place, going from room to room. It is an absolute drug haven. Then the cops arrived. We asked them if this hotel was not safe, and he said we would be okay. I should have used my own good sense,

The room reeked of stale cigarettes and it was a non-smoking room. The carpets were dirty, as was the bathroom. We figured it was late and we'd put up with it.

About a half hour after going to bed, I felt biting on my arms. My cats was itching too, I tried to ignore it and go to sleep, but after about ten more minutes of it my sister, asked, "what is going on?" I told her I thought something was biting me and threw the light on. Sure enough, there were bedbugs crawling all over the pillow behind my head and one crawling over the blanket towards one of my cats. My other cat got off the bed because he was getting chewed, and was laying in the middle of the filthy carpet. That did it.! I called the front desk and told the guy to get my refund ready. We had to gather up the cats and head to another hotel at 12:30am.

While we were packing up the van there were cars coming in with druggers and very trashy broads that were, quite obviously , "working girls".

The cats ended up getting infested, I left all my pajamas and several of my cats blankets hoping I would not take this problem with me, but unfortunately, it took several weeks of hell to get rid of these most DISGUSTING BUGS!!!

THE PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! I was traumatized for months after thinking I was seeing bugs in my bed. They were very hard to get rid of.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank Marlena445
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My wife and I stay at Motel 6 a lot because of their pets welcome policy. We never have a hassle or extra charge when our Shih Tzu travels with us, which is virtually always. And Motel 6 generally lives up to its advertising. But not the one in Tumwater/Olympia. I will never ever stay there again, from now on suspicious of unfamiliar Motel 6s.
We needed a one night stay before heading back home from the Seattle area and this location looked ideal, a place where we could avoid most of the morning traffic rush and get a fast start after a good nights rest. We made the last minute reservation over the phone sight unseen, trusting Motel 6. We arrived late that evening and checked in. Going around the corner to our room we encountered three police cars in the parking lot and officers talking with two small groups of young people. Bad start. Very bad start.
Tired, we moved our things into our room, a decent, plain room, normal by Motel 6 standards with reasonably new mattresses. Unfortunately the people in the room next door were excessively noisy so I went outside to ask them to please quiet down as it was after 10 PM. A young lady conversing with another in the walkway saw me and immediately asked me if they were being too noisy, and when I said yes, she said she would take care of it. Immediately it got quieter, but within 10 minutes the noise resumed in the room, and several people were talking loudly outside. I intervened again, with the same results. This routine continued throughout the night, with loud talk, slamming doors, crashing sounds in the room. I discovered that there were several rooms of unsupervised teenagers and young adults involved, moving from room to room. Complaining to the front desk was useless, all they did was call up to the rooms and ask the occupants to be quieter. I asked for a refund so I could go somewhere else but the night person was not authorized to do this.
The next morning I spoke with the assistant manager who had a haggard look of someone who had been through this sort of thing many times. She gave me a refund without argument. DoI ever wish I could have a refund if the lost night as well! My best guess is that the only customers for this joint are the local dregs of humanity, partying teenagers, and unsuspecting travellers. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2008

I had made reservations for 3 rooms for Christmas time 2004. We only needed a place to sleep as we spent most of our time at relatives houses for the holiday. I usually have good luck at most Motel 6s, not expecting much but clean rooms and a bed to sleep in. Well the rooms themselves were ok. The beds were hard (typical of Motel 6) but everything was functioning ok. I was pleased with my stay until I saw underneath the phone book there was a nude magazine. Then upon checkout my dad told me he found a thong underneath his bed. So as you can tell I wasn't very pleased, I mean I don't expect much from that hotel chain, but I would never expect a nude magazine and a thong to be in the room either!

• Stayed: December 2004, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2007

This motel was NASTY! When I got into the room, I was accosted with a terrible smoky smell and was tempted to ask for a new room because my mom - who hadn't yet arrived - is very sensitive to smoke smell. Though, because I felt like I was being watched by the big group of men standing outside my window, I decided to close the window shades first; they screeched like nails on a chalkboard and I reminded myself not to mess with them in the middle of the night as they might wake the whole neighborhood. When I turned the heat on, I noticed a half smoked cigarette butt on top of the heater. This grossed me out enough that I called the front desk and asked if she had made a mistake and given me a smoking room instead of a non-smoking one. She apologized and I asked for another room. When I arrived in the second room, the smell was worse than the first - though I couldn't quite place what I smelled. I had to use the restroom... The floor looked like it hadn't been swept and I wasn't even comfortable sitting on the toilet seat because it had stains on it. I then noticed hairs and yellow/green looking chunks in the shower (maybe boogers?) I sat on one of the beds to attempt to convince myself that I could handle two nights in this place. That's when I noticed I was sitting on pieces of dry dog food. So THAT'S what I smelled! I called the Comfort Inn of Tumwater and made reservations there before going to get my money back at the front desk. I couldn't get out of there faster! Of course, she messed up and charged my card a second time for the two night stay before actually reimbursing me the money. Whatever you do, stay away from this hell hole! The Comfort Inn may be twice the cost, but at least you know you won't catch anything by staying there!!

• Stayed: December 2007