“Fantastic staff that truly cares about treating people right.”

Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
“Fantastic staff that truly cares about treating people right.”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I came here due to a work-housing debacle that unexpectedly left us without housing and me starting my 13-week contract job in less than two days.

My company and I frantically searched for a place but we have big dogs and the apartments in Oly have weight restrictions so we checked out the reviews on this ESA and thought it was worth a visit to check out. We ended up staying the entire 13 weeks and had a very positive experience here. The management and staff made it so great. We are so thankful that we found such a safe and easy place to be after such a mess.

Being somewhere like this for this long we did see some interesting things and colorful characters. Any concern we had, the staff was so quick to address and handle. Always super pleasant and on top of things.

Whenever we travel, we prefer to stay in 4-5 star hotels, this place and the people running it was just as good if not better. I just can't say enough about the staff here from the maintence, managers, housekeeping and front desk.

Thank you ESA of Tumwater for such a great experience!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Salem
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at Extended Stay America. Both times it was comfortable, clean and quiet. I was on business where I had to go to work at odd hours day and night so it was nice that I could sleep anytime of the day without a lot of noise. I also like that I could park near the outside door closest to my room and still get in anytime of the day. I really like having the kitchenette. Everyone smiled and was friendly. Check out was a breeze. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, make sure you let them know when you make a reservation so they can acc...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We booked through Priceline (usual) and experienced several problems. I indicated on Priceline that it was one adult with two children. Upon check-in I was advised that Priceline had us for one bed in a smoking room. I suffer chronic year round allergies and both my kids are asthmatics. I never book smoking. Extended stay bumped us to a two bed non-smoking room since the single non-smoking rooms were full and did not charge extra. Thanks, Extended Stay, we would not have been able to sleep in a smoking room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our Extended Stay America - Olympia Tumwater hotel. It's great to hear that the staff was able to make your stay most enjoyable by uprading your room and getting you into a non smoking room. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Seattle
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for only one night. The service was excellent and when I checked out the next morning I was greeted by a friendly smile. Jessica was great. She had a smile that brightened my morning. Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and it was perfect for me.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We agree, Jessica is fantastic and her smile makes people feel at home! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I love staying at this hotel! The rooms have a nice kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, 2-burner stove) and I was particularly impressed with the water filter on the kitchen sink. The bathroom is modern with good lighting. The bed was very comfortable! I also really liked the closet space. They offer good coffee in the morning, fruit, granola bars and oatmeal in the morning. Works perfect for my on-the-go mornings.

One highlight of my most recent stay was the exceptional service I received from Araceli while I was checking in late in the day. She was very professional, but also very welcoming and genuinely cared about whether or not I was a satisfied customer. All of the staff are friendly, but my interaction with Araceli definitely stands out in my memory. In my experience it is rare to get that kind of service later in the evening.

Only things that I think could be improved would be a better selection of channels on the TV. Also, the bathroom did not have a hair dryer. This wasn't a problem for me, but is a good thing for people to be aware of when they are planning their trip.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a non-smoking room if you want one (they usually ask you which you would like a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a glowing review of our hotel. It's great to know that Araselly made such a lasting impression on your stay at the Extended Stay America Olympia-Tumwater! We are very proud of our newly refreshed hotel and the excellent quality of sevice that we provide! We do have hair dryers availabe at the front desk, so don't hesitate to ask if you need one on your next visit. We appreciate that you are a loyal, returning guest and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Nice rooms, comfortable beds, attentive and professional staff. Tara is great and very professional and courteous. The location is perfect with all you could ever need within a short distance. Not to mention the quick breakfast in the lobby. Very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kona1999
Thank you for reviewing our Extended Stay America Olympia-Tumwater hotel. We have a great hotel to be proud of and our staff are even better! We are excited about the refreshof our guestrooms and the addition ofa Grab-n-Go breakfast in our Lobby. We hope to see you again very soon!
Nashua, NH
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed here twice. The first staff member to check me in was rude and seemed overwhelmed. The room was average.
The second time, the staff member was different but still curt and admitted to being overwhelmed while checking me in. This room's bed was rock hard and the sink and shower had at least 20 strands of hair left over. If it hadn't been 10:30pm, I'd have left right away. I didn't bother asking the desk to move since I'd already asked for something off the 1st floor and was told that, due to the time of night, she couldn't change it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily C
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issues that you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to assure this does not happen in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at olt@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Tumwater hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia

Been to Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater? Share your experiences!