“Comfy, convenient and value”

Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Love the kitchen, warm wood floors and an above average bed. No frills, just value and exceptional convenience. Always helpful front desk. Big smiles and useful source of information. We have stayed many times with Extended Stay. We prefer the floor plan with the walled in bed and bathroom. We will always choose Extended Stay if we have the option. No oven so you have to plan the meal carefully, a bit like camping, and you need to request extra place settings if the kids and grandkids are comming over for pasta Desk is always willing to help.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moejo62

Reviewed 25 March 2014

One of my worst hotel experiences, and I've had many. The issues: (1) I was surprised to learn, that in a state like WA, smoking rooms are still available. The front desk clerk informed me that she had to "unfortunately" put me in a non-smoking room. I'm a NON-smoker, and the very thouIght that I could wind up in a smoking room horrified me. And the hotel does smell of smoke. (2) I was put on a ground floor witih cars right outside my room. I couldn't sleep from headlights going on/off and car noise. (3) the room was dark and dingy- I slept fully-clothed and didn't even want to get under the sheets (4) in the room layout, the bathroom opens right into the kitchenette. I didn't use the kitchenette, but shuddered at the thought of cooking while looking at a toilet. (5) hotel staff was generally indifferent.

I normally try to balance the negative with some positive, but nothing positive here. Maybe the price? But no, even at a low price, I'll look for other alternatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank trappedinfrance
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife, Gino (our beagle) and I have stayed here for approximately one week. We sold our home and are searching for a new one. Tara, Front Desk, is extremely courteous and professional. She has gone out of her way to make our stay extremely pleasant. We are very pleased with our stay here. The price is right and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here 2 nights while she was visiting Evergreen State College. It's probably the closest hotel to the college. I thought the place was great for the price. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I was really surprised to find the room had a very nice kitchen area, considering we just reserved a regular double room...full sized refrigerator, sink, nice microwave, countertop burners, dishes and silverware. Each bed has about 6 pillows of varying firmness so you can pick which you like. There's a to-go continental breakfast that includes breakfast bars, fruit, muffins, oatmeal packets, coffee and hot water. There's a large shopping center just over the highway and down the road a ways.

The cons - I found some listings online that said there was a fitness room - there is not. There's no pool, if that's what you need. It's easy to see from the highway but not as easy to get to. We drove through the 7-11 parking lot several times until we saw a small entrance leading off the access road. The wifi is very slow, although you can upgrade to faster for a price. They don't have daily maid service but you can request extra towels or to have your trash picked up if needed.

Overall, I suspect this will be the place I'll stay when I visit my daughter at college in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I am very happy with all aspects of my stay - I've been here almost 4 months and have felt safe - it has been a great place to transition to a new location - yet to be determined. The staff, especially Tara, Ashley, and Sarah , have been very friendly and helpful. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at the best hotels, and this is on a par for value, hospitality, and overall service.

Room Tip: Is is quieter away from traffic - at the back of the building. Staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor adds...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We expected to stay for a couple of weeks. It will now be 4 months. The longer you stay, the better the price. There is also a special arrangement by calling Corporate, especially if you pay in advance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is probably the worst hotel I've ever been in and that includes real dumps on the side of country roads. The place reeks of cigarette smoke, it's filthy, the staff will keep your mail and messages unless you specifically ask for them, it's falling apart (bits and pieces of ceiling come down from the person above the room walking across their room), the staff is rude and inconsiderate, if you are told a rate over the phone you better get it writing somehow because when you get there you may or may not get that rate, loud parties in the rooms management will do nothing about, There is rarely more than one person on staff at any given time so good luck getting any help if you need it, the "updates" that were done on the hotel rooms are very shoddy, the bathroom fan sounded like a jet landing, the "continental breakfast" was oatmeal and coffee, the walls are paper thin, the toilets are power flushers that will spray you and the surrounding area if you don't close the lid before flushing. I don't know how these people stay in business.

Room Tip: Avoid the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowyegret51
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with the staff to enhance the services and amenities we offer. Also, I am coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward to ensure that all of our guests needs are attended to in a professional as well as warm manner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Olympia

Been to Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater? Share your experiences!