“Unexpectedly WONDERFUL Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Seattle, Washington
“Unexpectedly WONDERFUL Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have been fortunate to travel all over the world with our children and have stayed in many five star hotels along the way. We could not have been more surprised and pleased with our experience at this hotel. The room was spotless and the beds and linens were super crisp and comfy. My husband appreciate the shower attachment in the bathroom which enabled his tall frame to fit under the shower head. Two sinks in the room made getting ready for bed a breeze! Breakfast, which we were going to skip, was outstanding. Fresh fruit, hot foods, hot waffles, yummy pastries, literally, the buffet had it all! The dining area was clean, bright and my only complaint was they do not compost! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, we could not have been more pleased with our experience! THANK YOU!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I was so glad to read that you had such positive experience with us. I also appreciate your comments about how we can improve our property. We are currently in discussions about transitioning to a green property and are evaluating various ways to do so. We hope to implement these changes in the near future. Thanks again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Chose this BW for location among destinations for a weekend trip with my son. Very nice place, reasonably priced for today, excellent complementary breakfast, one of the best I've had. From the freshly baked cookies upon arrival, I was completely pleased.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy to read that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for complimentary comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Ocean Shores, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I checked in Sunday night, January 12, 2014, and left two days later, but during that time, their front desk staff engaged me with very service-oriented conversation and professional kindness. I loved it. The free breakfast staff checked to make sure I was happy, the evening staff wanted me back in time for cookies, and I relaxed with a feeling of security in my room. Their hot tub was out of order, but I had no interest there.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have a heavy load, ask for the first floor. That was the first advice given t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
I am so glad that you had good stay with us. I will relay your kind words to our front desk and breakfast staff. Thank you so much. I hope we'll see you again soon.
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Another great stay at this BW in Olympia. We have consistently stayed with this property on our trips through Washington and Oregon State and have never been disappointed. Check in/out with a smile, clean rooms and great warm cozy breakfast area. Always our first choice!
If you are traveling further north or south, there is a Fred Meyer nearby (less than 5 minutes away by car) to load up on groceries, fuel and more.
Very convenient location and just a terrific place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I am so glad you had such a positive experience with us! Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Very impressed by the cleanliness and service of this hotel. I brought a large group (13 rooms) and there were no problems with any of the rooms. Staff was very friendly and efficient (particularly Grace), and we were able to check in and out easily. My group was particularly happy with the hot breakfast choices in the morning. In addition, there are a number of stores and restaurants very close. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Tumwater/Olympia area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jeff B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I am elated to hear that your stay was so great! I will pass on your kind words to our staff at our monthly meeting. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.
vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel was clean, warm, friendly and affordable. The staff were great and having breakfast available was wonderful. We would certainly stay there again. Has made me consider Best Western first in my next hotel need.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so glad that your stay with us was such a positive experience. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is the second time that we've stayed at this hotel travelling from Victoria, BC. It was an all around good experience, from checking in later in the evening, to the room, to breakfast in the morning. The only complaint was that it was cold and snowing upon arrival, and the heater in the room could not seem to generate more than "luke warm" air, so we felt cool/cold for much of the evening. In the morning, we learned that the heaters needed to be switched to another setting by the management in order to deal with the freezing weather. We should have received a discount for having to deal with a cold room for the night. Nonetheless, we still enjoyed the friendly personnel and the decent accommodation that is relatively quiet (away from I-5, but not too far!)

Room Tip: Top floor at the back are quieter (green belt).
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was less than great because of the AC unit. Your satisfaction is important to us an we will use your comments to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with an excellent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Comfort Inn Tumwater
Comfort Inn Tumwater
#3 of 7 in Tumwater

Been to BEST WESTERN Tumwater Inn? Share your experiences!