“Wonderful wedding”

Alderbrook Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union
“Wonderful wedding”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We had a truly perfect wedding at Alderbrook in February. The setting is lovely -- water and mountains as a backdrop, the rooms are comfortable and affordable (perfect for housing lots of friends & family), and the atmosphere was ideal for relaxing and enjoying time with our guests. The staff were extremely helpful -- even unexpectedly did a lot of the decorating I thought I would have to do on my own. The food was fabulous as well and exceeded my expectations (and quite large portions as well).
Thanks Alderbrook for an amazing and stress free wedding day!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Okay, so we stayed in a (small) 2- bedroom cabin - but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect quality accomodations considering this is a "resort" and the price we paid. First of all, housekeeping sure missed a few things - like the dirty washcloth and crumbs left in the bathroom, crumbs in the cracks of the kitchen table, and bed linens/blanket for the sofa bed (which they knew we would be using). The cabin itself could use some updating as it still sported an early vintage orange striped utilitarian carpet, Goodwill quality coffee table, etc. That being said, the view was nice, the food in the restaurant was great and the massages were wonderful (although they wouldn't let us use their changing room the next morning after we had been in the pool even though we had spent mucho bucks in spa services!) Pool bathroom/changing room very small with only one shower and no real area for dressing so when a family of children had the space we were left to wait it out... Don't think I'd choose to go to Alderbrook again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cynlas
Reviewed 12 March 2011

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful stay at Alderbrook Resort & Spa. We stayed in a canal view room which was just amazing--the beds were cozy and comfortable and the view was breathtaking. We both enjoyed the spa while we were there--sooo relaxing--I highly recommend the hot stone massage to anyone!! After our treatments we were able to continue our relaxation in the sauna and indoor hot tub that overlooked the canal. . .we didn't want to leave but had reservations in the restaurant. Our food was absolutely delicious. We can't wait for another little romantic getaway to Alderbrook Resort & Spa hopefully soon!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KimberlySeattle
Washington
Reviewed 10 March 2011

The staff is so helpful and friendly. They upgraded our room just because it was our anniversary. We had a bottle of wine and chocolate dipped strawberries as an ammenity and they were wonderful. The restaurant has wonderful breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. Dinner is more upscale but the food is worth the money. Then we visited the spa and had a wonderful couples massage. I highly recommend Alderbrook to everyone.

• Stayed March 2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Man people - how can you complain so much about such an amazing place? One thing goes wrong and it's 1 star for the resort.

Alderbrook is a classy, relaxing, and beautiful place. I really have nothing negative to say about it. Everything here has always been amazing, from the food, to the drinks, to the service, to the rooms, to the lobby. Amazing.

I stayed here over Valentine's Day, and it was phenomenal, as usual. We got a great deal - $239 for a garden view room (you can see the water from garden view rooms...at least from ours you could), a dozen roses, a bottle of wine, $70 dinner voucher, and valet parking. They have deals like this all the time - we might go again this month!

The ooonly thing I would say is that the restaurant is really pricey. Great food, but just seems a little too expensive. Maybe I'm just a penny pincher.

If you really want to be impressed - stay in the honeymoon suite!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My Mom and I stayed here during the middle of the week. We needed a get away after the illness and death of a family member. We booked our room five days in advance for the middle of the week. This was during March. However, when I called to make appointments in the spa for a manicure and pedicure, I was first asked to choose the type of services I wanted, and then, the gal went to schedule told me, "Oh, they didn't have any appointments available." This was five days out before we were to arrive. Five days. In the middle of the week. In March. Not even high summer wedding season.

For a place that sells itself on it's spa facilities, and when it's out in the middle of nowhere, and the reason we were going was because of the spa, you'd think there would be more availability in the spa. It's not unreasonable to try and book spa appointments five days out.

Disappointed and wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelgal2008Seattle
Forks, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My family and I came out to the resort for the weekend this last year and I have to say it was incredible. The mountains that you can see from the most of the rooms as well as the restaurant are just magical! It looks like a picture from national geographic. I have never seen this side of the canal since I'm from up north and it is just wonderful! The hotel was clean and beautiful and the staff were so great! The food was incredible! A little high priced but it was worth it. We got a great deal on the room. The spa was to die for! I would recommend the spa above all!

The only problem (if you can call it a problem) was how cold it was. Our room was only accessible from an outside balcony. Although it was December, I'm sure in the summer it is not even an issue.
We will be coming back again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank alyray2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Robin Hood Village Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to Alderbrook Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!