“If your looking for a perfect place to relax or celebrate. Alderbrook is the place for you.”

Alderbrook Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union
Washington
Reviewed 10 March 2011

The staff is so helpful and friendly. They upgraded our room just because it was our anniversary. We had a bottle of wine and chocolate dipped strawberries as an ammenity and they were wonderful. The restaurant has wonderful breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. Dinner is more upscale but the food is worth the money. Then we visited the spa and had a wonderful couples massage. I highly recommend Alderbrook to everyone.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Man people - how can you complain so much about such an amazing place? One thing goes wrong and it's 1 star for the resort.

Alderbrook is a classy, relaxing, and beautiful place. I really have nothing negative to say about it. Everything here has always been amazing, from the food, to the drinks, to the service, to the rooms, to the lobby. Amazing.

I stayed here over Valentine's Day, and it was phenomenal, as usual. We got a great deal - $239 for a garden view room (you can see the water from garden view rooms...at least from ours you could), a dozen roses, a bottle of wine, $70 dinner voucher, and valet parking. They have deals like this all the time - we might go again this month!

The ooonly thing I would say is that the restaurant is really pricey. Great food, but just seems a little too expensive. Maybe I'm just a penny pincher.

If you really want to be impressed - stay in the honeymoon suite!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My Mom and I stayed here during the middle of the week. We needed a get away after the illness and death of a family member. We booked our room five days in advance for the middle of the week. This was during March. However, when I called to make appointments in the spa for a manicure and pedicure, I was first asked to choose the type of services I wanted, and then, the gal went to schedule told me, "Oh, they didn't have any appointments available." This was five days out before we were to arrive. Five days. In the middle of the week. In March. Not even high summer wedding season.

For a place that sells itself on it's spa facilities, and when it's out in the middle of nowhere, and the reason we were going was because of the spa, you'd think there would be more availability in the spa. It's not unreasonable to try and book spa appointments five days out.

Disappointed and wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelgal2008Seattle
Forks, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My family and I came out to the resort for the weekend this last year and I have to say it was incredible. The mountains that you can see from the most of the rooms as well as the restaurant are just magical! It looks like a picture from national geographic. I have never seen this side of the canal since I'm from up north and it is just wonderful! The hotel was clean and beautiful and the staff were so great! The food was incredible! A little high priced but it was worth it. We got a great deal on the room. The spa was to die for! I would recommend the spa above all!

The only problem (if you can call it a problem) was how cold it was. Our room was only accessible from an outside balcony. Although it was December, I'm sure in the summer it is not even an issue.
We will be coming back again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank alyray2
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 February 2011

If you are looking for a short day trip from Seattle, Alderbrook Resort & Spa is great. A short Ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton, then a short drive to Union will lead you to a peaceful sanctuary. This resort has been remodeled since first opened and the grounds are relaxing and interesting. The Spa is AMAZING and the resort restaurant is quite good. Better to stay at the resort since the town of Union is just so so. Beautiful scenery, wildlife and trails make it special.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nativegirl10
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My wife came across a LivingSocial deal for Alderbrook Resort which included a creek view room with a $50 spa credit and $40 dinning credit for $90 a night. We purchased two and used them back to back so we were able to spend a wonderful two day getaway.

The facilities are beautiful, the lobby is well decorated and has plenty of comfortable seating around a fireplace to sit and play board games or read a book. We were in a double queen room facing the creek and cabin area which was pleasant. The room felt a bit cramped but I think it's because of the two queen beds (it was all that was available when we booked). They had a great on-demand movie selection, nice big bath tub and shower and nice decor. The only thing on the property that didn't seem right most of the time was the carpeting, especially in our room which wasn't dirty, but was a horrible mass of random colors.

We had several meals in the restaurant and ordered room service one night, all the of food was great, but a bit pricy. A normal breakfast or lunch ran the two of us around $40-50, Dinner was $80-100 but the service was great, the food was wonderful and the view from the restaurant and bar was beautiful looking out over the Hood Canal.

Another activity we were able to enjoy while we were there was the spa. We both had the "Alderbrook Signature Massage" and we both loved it. It has a combination of hot stone, deep and relaxation massage for 90-minutes. My wife and I both stumbled out of the room in a daze afterwards, it was amazing.

Lastly, we played a round of golf at the Alderbrook Golf and Country Club which isn't part of the Alderbrook Resort, but they are open to the public and have some sort of an arraignment with the resort to let guests play the course which is just a few minutes' drive up the hill.

All in all this is a place that we look forward to making another weekend getaway to soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed over the Valentines weekend and I have to express it was the most disappointing Valentines ive ever experienced.From the dirty room to the Bar and Restaurant ....the older waitress was slow and very unfamiliar with what the Package was and made no attempt to correct any disappointments we had.We won't be back and we will pass the word you can count on it.Erin and I live locally .

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank fircrest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Robin Hood Village Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to Alderbrook Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!