“Union Square Deli, Union WA on E. Dalby Rd”
Review of Union Square Deli

Union Square Deli
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: American
Description: About a half mile away from Alderbrook Resort and Spa
Description: About a half mile away from Alderbrook Resort and Spa
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a local business that makes delicious sandwiches, pizzas, calzones and lots more. Cozy atmosphere where locals like to hang and listen to music on Friday nights.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Friday night it was suggested by the owner of our cabin resort we might try the deli for a meal, plus they would have music on that night. Sounded great to us since the music started at 7 which is before our bedtime.

The staff was really friendly and it wasn't a place where you get served then they try to hurry you up to get you our. We shared a dinner salad and medium pizza (should have got the small) and they were wonderful. That night the band was bluegrass group called High Tide and it was very enjoyable. It was a very nice change to our normal "ruttish" Friday evenings...plus they have great ice cream.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Everytime we visit Union WA by the Hood Canal we make it a point to stop here. The service is exceptional, and the food is very nice. Don't let the Deli name fool you. They have Pizza, salads, sandwiches, soup, wine, beer, Expressos, ice cream etc. They also have a lounge with a happy hour and a TV if you just want to stop in for a drink and socilaizing. The first day I stopped by for a Turkey wrap to go that was delicious and filling. The next morning the whole family had brunch. I had a Panini big enough for two, so I had one half with coffee and saved the second half for a snack later. My son also had a child's pizza and a fresh baked blueberry muffin. My wife had a breakfast sandwich with a latte. Needless to say the food was delicious. I though the service was very good especially in the evening during dinner time. We liked the food and service so much, that we went back for dinner. For dinner, We ordered a Pizza, wine and beer. The Large Pizza was large enough to serve 3 to 4 adults. We all enjoyed the pizza, and had some ice cream for desert. We really enjoyed this place, and the prices were just right. This Deli also has a drive through, so you can call ahead and go through the drive thru and take it back to your hotel. If you just want a Latte to go, then just pull up at drive thru and place your order. I would recommend this place to everyone visiting the area. On the way out of town, we went through the Drive through for a coffee and muffins, and once again it didn't disappoint. Recommended.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

For real. A pizza with a white sauce, loads of garlic, chicken, and artichoke hearts. I may have missed an ingredient or two. Tasty. I ordered a small for take out and ate two meals of it.
Earlier the same day I had followed the lead of another reviewer and had the tomato soup with half a grilled turkey sandwich. Yum. Felt like perfect comfort food. I added some Olympic ice cream to that and it was a perfect meal.
This is an unpretenious place with a bar and more tables than first meets the eye.Apparently live music is available Friday evenings and a dance floor is created for folks to use. There are magazines and local papers available for anyone to use. This is a homey place where people know one another. I liked the food and the feel of the place.

1  Thank watravelinggal
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Lunch was great. Tomato/basil soup; a turkey sandwich--- perfect. Everyone was raving about the food. Someone had a salmon wrap and she said she would definitely order it again. So, if you have the time, it is a great place for lunch. However, it appeared short staffed and the wait was very, very long. They are know for their specialty pizza. They have free WiFi. They also have drive thru espresso. Located at 310 E. Dalby Rd.