“Walk this way!”
Review of Chambers Bay

Chambers Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With tawny fescue grasses, towering sand dunes, massive fairways, and breathtaking views of the Puget Sound and snow-capped Olympic Mountains, Chambers Bay brings the traditions of Scottish linksland to the Pacific Northwest. Located in University Place, Washington, this 18-hole, walking-only course provides an authentic links experience for players of every ability. Chambers Bay Grill is known for both its delicious food and panoramic views which makes it the perfect place to celebrate the end of a round or simply enjoy the splendor of the Puget Sound, the majestic Olympic Mountains and expansive golf course views. Frequented by golfers and locals alike, the Grill is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a full bar service and an interesting list of Northwest wines. The Grill also hosts frequent specialty events including Winemaker, Brewmaster, and Distiller dinners. This 930-acre site also includes over two miles of saltwater shoreline, two and a half miles of urban creek and canyon. Enjoy a walk on the beach and over 5 miles of public trails or relax at Central or North Meadow.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a beautiful walk to see the South Puget Sound, golf course (home of the US Open 2015), and beach area. We came on the Kite Festival day and had fun watching the colorful flying kites, kids running, families enjoying picnics, runner, walkers, dogs making friends and golfers hitting the links. We no longer have kids at home, so didn't venture to the kids play ground, although our daughter and son-in-law have brought our granddaughter here before and loved it. Another plus, the train runs under the walkway taking you to the beach. Will come back again!

1  Thank Lynn B
There are newer reviews for Chambers Bay

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were here over the 4th of July holiday. It was beautiful! Watched the fireworks over the bay. We went for a walk in the park and bay the next day. So fun to see families playing and having picnics. I love the beach so I had to walk down to the beach and put my feet in the cold water. I hope to go back when we visit again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Beautiful course but way to difficult for average golfer. Anyone interested in playing should read up on the reviews. It took us 6 hours to play 18 holes and I am not kidding! Plus there were no marshals on the course trying to speed up play. The greens are very bumpy and slow. They have a long way to go before it is ready for a us open. The pro's will like it and should be fun to watch on TV.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I loved this place. I went twice in one day. I took the kids to play on gigantic jungle gym in the morning and then returned in the evening for a walk on the very steep bath down to the water. My baby slept in his stroller on the walk and my toddler had fun running up and back on the path and watching all the walkers and runners go by. After our walk we played fetch with the dog as we sat under a shady tree and had a dinner picnic. The park also overlooks Chambers Bay golf course so you can see all the people pulling lugging their clubs around. From the top of the park you can see down to the water and hear the train toot by every so often. My toddler loved that! Definitely a fun place to check out.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

There are many ways to interpret "rough", but none that I can think of have a good connotation. The greens need an incredible amount of work to be ready in 1 year for a US Open (they're bumpy, super slow, and bare patches on 1 or 2. The fairways are hard and closely cut making for very tight lies and difficult iron shots. But the course layout is spectacular, and you can't beat the views - Puget Sound from every hole. I'm glad I got to play it ahead of the 2015 US Open, but the out-of-state cost might not be worth it... yet.

3  Thank DougBot