“Hipster Heaven”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bank Rd
Description: Nirvana Bistro & Bar was created on a simple premise; Food has no borders. We take pride in the fact that we can bring dishes from around the world and make them very ‘local.’ There is something for everyone here. Our bar features craft cocktails that will excite the palate and are a visual treat. Our kids menu was created so people can spend quality time with their families and not leave their children at home. In many religions and spiritual practices, Nirvana is an ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, and joy. Nirvana Modern Cuisine and Libations practices this through the way we treat each guest. Come experience a little bit of Nirvana on beautiful Vashon Island.
“Hipster Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a cool place, an old house or hotel, I believe, decorated, with spare but witty and hip decor. We enjoyed a delicious bowl of edamame as an appetizer and the decadent bacon and cheese macaroni. This place appears to emphasize elaborate cocktails and to de-emphasize the wine list, so I was a little disappointed in the glass of Pinot Grigio I ordered -- should have had something different. The service was friendly and professional. Would definitely go back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bbanks8

Los Angeloes
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stumbled into this place on a day visit from Seattle. We looked at the menus at the other restaurants on the main street and decided on this one. The price was fair but the food was outstanding. The waiter was very pleasant and helpful. And they serve items sourced from farms on the island. We were really pleasantly surprised by this find.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SBTraveler73
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! What wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

This was not our first visit to Nirvana, our 5th in less than a month. Chef Robert keeps proving time and time again that he is the best Chef on Vashon and one of the best in Seattle. His touch and flair with food, especially seafood is truly a gift to behold and enjoy. Try his salmon and scallops, they are to die for. Best chocolate pate we have ever had. He changes his menu often and we look forward to what he has to offer. His latest menu has a very nice mix of fine dining and gastro pub. We love it and will keep coming back, this is a Chef that I as a past retired restaurant owner would have loved to have had. Hopefully they will to be able to keep him and the wonderful staff they have there! Keep up the fine food and solid service.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sarah n
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I went with my wife and kids for their famous Sunday Brunch and it was wonderful! My little ones ate for free while I enjoyed some wonderful items! The Biscuits and gravy were wonderful. The service was impeccable. I believe she was the owner too!
Will be back again and again.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Jack M
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Beautiful atmosphere with great food and cocktails. I heard the wine list is expanding, so looking forward to my next visit. I recommend the salmon!

3 Thank Vickyfoody