“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washougal
Puyallup, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a very nice hotel, we came down to go Christmas shopping in Oregon, stayed in the fireplace and jet tub room, loved it, it felt very safe, and was very nice inside too. The breakfast was very good as well, we wil stay here again when down in portland

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel with Trip Advisor! We know you have many choices for your lodging needs, and we appreciate you driving a little further and staying with us when visiting Portland. Thank you! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our premium room with the jet tubs and fireplace, and look forward to your next visit! Thank you for coming and allowing us to serve you!

Chris Termini, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here on Halloween night, solo, missing out on the festivities of the evening. I arrived early, but the room was available early, so I was able to get a lot of work done -- I think the internet connection here is nearly as fast as being at work.

Check-in was quick and very friendly; the clerk explained the breakfast area and hours, but I kind of ignored him, because it opens at 6:30 AM, and I had a 6:30 meeting in Camas the next morning.

After I was done with work, at about 5, I checked TripAdvisor reviews for restaurants in the area, and decided to eat at the highly-rated Puffin Café, which it turns out is a very short walk from my room -- I could almost see it from my window. Sadly, they closed at 4 for Halloween, so instead I drove into Camas and wandered the 4th Avenue business district, finding a great dinner (Mill City Brew Works) and a store where I could grab an airline-sized bottle of Captain Morgan and a Coke to take back to my room. Happy Halloween.

Back in the hotel, I surfed the net for a while, and searched for ice for my Captain and Coke. The ice machine on the third floor is gone, but after checking with the front desk on 1, they pointed me to 2. Good thing I like elevator rides :-)

I slumbered soundly and comfortably through the night. The next morning, the water pressure in the spacious bathroom was fine, and I headed out at about 6:15 -- but wait! The breakfast room's open early! I grabbed coffee, juice, a bagel, and some eggs, checked out quickly, and arrived just a little late for my 6:30 meeting -- but still earlier than the guy I was meeting with.

The hotel met my purposes perfectly. Clean, spacious, airy, friendly. And maybe next time, I'll be there when the Puffin Café is open.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear RulesLawyer,

I have to say that your Halloween visit review has been referenced by many guests who researched us on Trip Advisor over the last few weeks! Thank you for your wonderful recommendation! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you acknowledging our cleanliness and are glad that you found your room spacious! We have worked very hard to make our property convenient for business travelers like yourself, and have concentrated on maintaining our fast Wi-Fi, and having something out to eat and drink for those guests who depart the property before our breakfast opens. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for writing and letting us know how we are doing!

Long Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We love staying here and go out of our way to do so even if our business takes us a little farther from the hotel we'd rather drive the extra distance than stay somewhere else! Rooms are spacious, beds very comfy, breakfast is great and everyone goes out of their way to make your stay the most comfortable. We always feel like special guests! It really does seem like home away from home. There are even cozy little nooks with fireplaces to sit quietly & read a book. The setting of the hotel is lovely & we like to walk to dinner down to the harbor. Our last stay we pulled a cargo trailer & we were able to leave it there so we didn't have to pull it all over town. Everyone there is extremely accommodating and gracious - a very hospitable place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Maria G,

What an endorsement! Thank you for your kind words about my staff! It is exactly what we are striving for! We are thrilled that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable and have had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast! Thank you for coming! Your review and others like it have allowed us to earn the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013, and we greatly appreciate it! Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing! We look forward to your next visit!

Simi Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I always find the people at the Best Western Parkersville Inn & Suites to be knowledgeable, courteous and resourceful! If there is anything they can do to help you or make your stay more enjoyable they do it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Terisa C,

What a nice recommendation! Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words about my staff, as it is what we strive for every day! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit! Thank you again for writing Trip Advisor and letting us know how we are doing!

Olympia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Overall good hotel for night stay before flying out of Portland. Bed was very firm. Person checking us out, I believe she was the manager, could have been a little friendlier. She seemed like she didn't want to be there. A "Good Morning" goes a long way toward making someones day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Johnnie M
Dear Johnnie M,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel with Trip Advisor. I want to apologize on behalf of the staff member working at the Front Desk when you departed the property. Our mission statement is to communicate with our guests like they are a member of the family, or at the very least, like an old friend. Clearly, that was not the case here and I want to apologize. I am very sorry you were not made to feel welcome. It is very uncharacteristic of my staff. It is my hope that you can give us another opportunity to serve you in the future, and allow my staff to prove this was an isolated incident! Thank you for writing and letting us know how we are doing.

Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We traveled to Washougal to visit family in the area. The motel accomodations were great. The room was a good size and quiet. We will definitely look at staying in this facility again for our next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Peterson_MT,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel with Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future! Thank you very much for writing and letting us know how we are doing!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the only place anyone should stay if they are in or near Washougal, WA. Nicest Staff, Clean, nice spacious rooms, Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Did I mention how helpful and friendly the staff was? They were great and the Hotel is wonderful all the way around. A little tricky to find at first, but once you drive around, it's very easy to spot. The only complaint I would have is that they could get more comfy mattresses! We both have bad backs and did miss our beds at home, but who doesn"t? lol

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

What a nice recommendation! Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words, and you taking the time to acknowledge my staff and commenting on the cleanliness of the property. It was our pleasure to serve you! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit! Thank you again for writing Trip Advisor and letting us know how we are doing!

Chris Termini, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washougal
Camas Hotel
Camas Hotel
#1 of 1 in Camas
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale
Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!