“Not the best”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Utah
“Not the best”
Reviewed 3 July 2008

I reserved two rooms at this hotel -- one for my family, and one for my brother's. Right away it didn't seem like the best place. It seemed somewhat rundown, in a busy commericial area.

As we went to bed around 10 p.m., I could hear some commotion outside -- shouting, cursing etc. It was a bit disconcerting, but in the distance. So we fell asleep.

In the morning my brother and his family was not there. It turns out, the commotion was from two drunk construction workers in the room next to them. They ended up getting into such a fight, that my brother ended up calling the police. After the police came, he checked out and stayed elsewhere for the night.

To the management's credit, they allowed us to cancel the remainder of our reservation. We did just that and enjoyed the rest of our stay in the area.

P.S. -- the breakfast was pretty sparse -- just some muffins and toast and juice.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sedro Woolley, WA
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Stopped in Wenatchee for the night last month. Even though it was the middle of the week everything was booked. We stopped at the Econo Lodge, they had a room. Even though the couple at the desk was very friendly and helpful, I really wasn't expecting very much. Imagine my surprise when I went into the room. I'm not saying the furnishings were up to date, but the room was spotlessly clean! Even the corners in the bathroom had been scrubbed out. Actually the room had everything the more expensive hotels had. There was a 27" Panasonic television, a microwave, a small refrigerator, hair dryer in the bathroom, even an iron and ironing board. The bed (king) was nicely made and very comfortable. I will definitely remember this establishment for future use.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank WoolleyLady
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2007

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter and our dog. We booked on the phone based on the phone book advert and photos and the fact that they allowed pets. Our room was $90 + $10 for the pet, plus taxes. This included what they called a 'continental breakfast'.
When you drive up, this place looks like something straight out of the 60's. It looks worn out, tired and uncared for. Mind you, I've stayed in some older motor inns like this that actually had character and were clean and looked like someone loved them. This place was definitely not that.
When we made the reservations at 7pm, the woman on the phone said they had quite a few rooms available and that she needed a credit card number and name to hold the room. When we arrived, we asked to have a key to look at the room before we agreed to stay. As far as I know, this is standard customer service in the hotel business. She gave us the key, but informed us that even if we didn't like the room, she had our credit card number and would charge us even if we didn't stay. At this, we didn't know what to say other than to go look at the room.
The room was a dump. There were two old beds, one chair with an ottoman, a TV/stand, microwave and small fridge. The AC was just stuck in a window in the back of the room, mind you it was a 100 degree day. The carpet was filthy and the room smelled musty. The bathroom looked like it had at least been redone sometime in the last decade. However, the shower looked dirty and the grout was all mildewy.
So....we took the key back and figured that we had no choice but to stay, as we didn't want to be charged for a room that we weren't even in.
We couldn't even park in the parking lot, as there aren't enough spaces for all of the rooms. So, we had to park on the street and lug all of our stuff, child, dog across the parking lot and up to the room.
The 'continental breakfast' was nothing but coffee, watered down juice, bagels and cereal. There was no place to eat it, you had to carry it back to your nasty room to eat it.
There was no place to take the dog out, we had to walk her on the street to try to find a place to let her go.
Needless to say, we didn't try the pool out.
At any rate, I wouldn't waste my money staying at this dump again. There are other hotels in Wenatchee that accept pets and are much, much nicer......both in customer service and facilities. Save your money.....and whatever you do....don't give them a credit card number!!!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Walla Walla, WA
Reviewed 12 July 2007

Rented 2 rooms in late June for a place to stay during a family reunion. The rooms are very out-of-date (hello 70s!) and several broken/missing fixtures in bathroom. The hotel is across the street from the convention center, and is a little noisy. A beer league baseball team stayed overnight, and I would guess that little effort was made to keep them quiet. This is not the most favorable of review, but I would stay here if I was out of options. It is not the greatest, but is adequate if you are flexible. The so-called continental breakfast is almost non-existent, but there are several eating options in the neighborhood if you don't go for Fruit Loops. Also, I would say the rooms are reasonably priced.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Quality of room/excessive noise
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank scooterwa2
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 September 2006

Easy to find, moderate price, nice rooms.

Room had everything I needed including an iron and board. The ac worked great, room also had a refrigerator and microwave. Bed was very comfortable.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful though a bit hard to understand as his English was heavily accented.

Pets are allowed however there is an extra charge and virtually no grass or sandy areas to take them to relieve themselves.

I would stay there again and would recommend the motel to anyone traveling to Wenatchee.

• Liked — Very easy to find.
  • Disliked — No designated area for pets outside.
  • Tips/Secrets — Leave the pets at home.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Lundhaus