All reviewsroaring start breakfastbreakfast staffin townfront desk staffbreakfast was includedbed was very comfortablemission ridgepool and hot tublounge
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I travel lots for business and usually stay at the big chains due to corporate policy etc.., but when I spend my own money and travel with my family I love Red Lion. For roughly $100 you get the same things you would find at a Hilton property, and from staff that really tries hard. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and this hotel brings back fond memories of my childhood. Look around and you will not find a hotel chain that still has outdoor pools, but Red Lion does. The pool is big with comfy chairs, a hot tub and lots of room to play. You get a real breakfast and the rooms are large. The location is central to restaurants and riverfront park. The beds are great and the air conditioner is pretty quiet. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Very plain, no amenities. Shower pressure was low, even the hair dryer was weak. Couldn't get king due to an event, still cost $139. Pool was fine. Heavy traffic outside. Woke up with stiff back. Neat little random contribution "library" currently filled with romances.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

When I was growing up in Wenatchee in the 70's, the Thunderbird was the nicest place in town. That was a long, long time ago. I think it was purchased by the Red Lion chain 15+ years back. The very large rooms were updated with remodeled bathrooms and new carpets and drapes fairly recently. Our bed in room 307 was VERY comfortable, but that was likely just luck. We enjoyed excellent water pressure in the shower, but were slightly concerned about the toilet flushing (it did.) The TV was not a flat screen and got terrible reception with very few channels. The wi-fi worked fine for us (we don't try and stream movies though). Fridge and microwave were fine. We always have earplugs handy and thus slept well although the train does go by directly behind the property in the middle of the night. (No whistle, just engine sounds). The location is great for dinner options with sushi, mexican, thai, pho, healthy sandwiches and an Albertsons within a quarter mile. Starbucks too!

Elevator Note: The lobby is on the second of 3 floors. The property is rectangular with the pool in the middle and the only elevator is in the rear of the facility, requiring an indoor walk around the entire property's perimeter. This is probably 300-400 steps. So if you require using a luggage cart, you may have a loooong walk depending on which room you are in. There are flights of stairs in many locations, so if you don't require an elevator you're in good shape.

Room Tip: Back of the property has river views but is right near the train tracks. 2nd floor is the entry level with a loooong walk to the elevator to get to the 3rd (if you require one).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Substrata23
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple days on business. It's been 10+ years since I've stayed here. Called around last minute to find a hotel, the Springhill was 150+ and most everything else is lower standard in town. The Redlion looks worse from the outside than it actually is, it's fairly updated and very clean inside. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just returned after a two night stay at the Wenatchee Red Lion. This is an older property that is held together by a thread and a very active "deferred maintenance" program. Here are the cons: The AC unit in my room was as loud as a train engine. In fact, it was so loud that it actually drowned out the trains that traveled on the tracks 400' from the back of the room. The toilet refilled every five minutes because they are too cheap to just put a new rubber plug in the toilet. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and had such a sag in the middle, I could not sleep with a pillow. To top it off, the hotel room I had was 3 hallways away from the front desk and the key card they gave me was defective, requiring 3 trips back and forth to the front desk and a visit from maintenance to tell me they use the cards until they wear out and I needed a completely different card. Last but not least, the pool looks nice, but the heating element was broken, so it was ice cold. The sign at the front desk said they were waiting for a part to come in, but after all the other issues I encountered, who knows why. The wi-fi was horribly slow and not sustainable to watch shows. There were also acoustic and staffing issues our group encountered while utilizing the conference facilities that were problematic.

There were a few bright spots, such as the fridge and coffee maker in the room, nice shower and showerhead, maids who did a good job cleaning, grounds were well maintained, and the staff were all very friendly. The breakfast included eggs, sausages, bacon, bagels, and coffee. It was good. It is also centrally located across the street from many restaurants and shopping and an Albertsons. With all the places to stay in Wenatchee, I would stay elsewhere. This place is a few steps away from a maintenance collapse, and clearly they do not want to spend money doing any upgrades. This is unfortunate, because I got the impression from the overly-friendly staff that they take pride in this facility and would do more if corporate would put some money into it.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side of the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your various experiences while visiting our property. We apologize that your guest room was uncomfortable due to the bed and the noise of the air conditioning. This is something we will be looking into and following up with our engineering staff on. We would like to apologize for your key cards not working and that you had to make multiple trips to the front desk as well. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.