All reviews roaring start breakfast breakfast staff in town front desk staff breakfast was included bed was very comfortable mission ridge pool and hot tub lounge
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The hotel has been renovated recently - carpet, paint, wallpaper - but sadly she is showing her age. The doors, door knobs bathroom fixture all show the wrinkles of this old lady. It's been a while since I've seen a TV as old as was in our room. A rounded screen CRT TV in this day and age quite a surprise! We arrived early but they were able to find a clean room for us to check in. The toilet never stopped flushing in the ten minutes that we spent in the room. Rather than waiting for the maintenance person to fix the toilet, we opted for another room. The breakfast buffet at $6.95 was a bad joke - after a quick once over, we opted to go out. Paying for a poor version of the complimentary breakfast available in so many other motels just didn't seem worth it. Next time we are in Wenatchee we will find an other option.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amy M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize that your stay was less than you expected. We sincerely appreciate your comments, and will use this information to improve our product and services for all of our guests.Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We would be delighted to serve you again!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked the Red Lion in Wenatchee for a central business location and I was asked to book a place with a bar, there are only a couple of options in Wenatchee. My room was fine, I slept fine, and it was quiet, I overlooked the pool which my son would've enjoyed had he been with me. The room does feel dated, and I'm always surprised when I DON'T find a flat screen t.v. in a hotel room. Overall, the room could use a pick me up, as could the hallways.

The front desk staff was nice and courteous, when we got there, there were a few people ahead of us but she moved quickly and got us checked in right away.

We went to a nice dinner, and were going to call a taxi and then the shuttle driver said she was going that way and could drop us off. She said it doesn't always work, but from time to time - we were very appreciative.

The Red Lion bar was okay, a bit dark, we were the only ones in there at first and it felt cavernous with its big dance floor. A few people strolled in which helped make it feel smaller.

I would stay there again, but would also look at rates of some newer properties as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Used to stay at a hotel down the road but, tried the Red Lion tonight and I can say I most likely wont go back to the last hotel. They upgraded me to a courtyard room being a red lion member and it was very quiet and nice view of the pool. Had a bit of a problem with some ants in my room (really) its summer! It was ok but,Called the desk and Maintanence was down quick to take care of the problem. TIM the Maint guy went out of his way to spray my room which I didn't want to leave, and wiped down everything! GREAT JOB TIM. I slept better. No more ants and he also went out of his way to get a new coffee pot, ect and luggage rack. NO maint person has ever gone that far for anything!!! ANYWHERE!! Great JOB TIM!
Also Lynn was Very friendly and outgoing! Will be back to this hotel when in the area again!

Room Tip: Walked around hotel, Its quite big so if you have issues just ask and I'm sure they will accommodate you!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was the last room in town this past Labor Day and we were lucky to find it only a few days prior since there was a cancellation. We ended up with a queen bed with balcony facing parking lot. It was a very quiet room, walls are thicker than some hotels we've been in. The room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. The shower ceiling had mold but that was the worst obvious clue to age of the room. The other apparent age issue was our electronic door swipe lock broke (coincidently with a few others this last weekend) but the maintenance man was there immediately and it wasn't a huge inconvenience since we were in the pool for a few hours while he fixed it. It did act up again later that night upon returning for dinner, but a quick trip to the front desk for a new card fixed that. And the lobby and hallway decor is dated as well. We were on floor two and unfortunately the ice maker was broken causing a long walk and doing stairs to find another. The queen bed was cushy but our friends that had stayed the night before at Comfort Suites and then at the Red Lion said they loved the their two queen beds much more.
We were there for sun and pool and a cheap quick get away. The pool was semi large and outside. The biggest issue was the lack of shade. Some guests crowded by the fence and used their towels over the backs of their chairs for shade. There was an area outside of the pool area that offered a few tables with umbrellas and we were brave enough to carry one of those with the heavy stand up into the pool area for the first day. Needless to say the next day it was being used when we returned until those guests left. Then we were able to use it for a couple hours. When we were leaving another couple moved into our area to use it. I highly recommend the management providing more umbrellas in the pool area. A big plus was the staff not being overbearing and scolding us when we did this as well as bringing our large lunch cooler into the area as well. The last thing we appreciate on vacation is being nagged about drinks or food by the pool when we aren't bothering anyone - thank you!
Breakfast was offered 7-10 for $7ea. Your basic buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cold cereals, breads to be toasted and three juices. We hit it late with 10 minutes to go and were warned so we dished up quick. Instead of rushing us though, an employee came over after 10:10 and offered to pour us more coffee - a nice touch to ease our concerns of being asked to leave. In fact, the staff was very nice. From the maintenance man fixing the locks, the breakfast staff to the front desk staff with the ease of checking in and giving us great recommendations to McGlinns and checking out. Btw- we loved the late checkout at 12! It made us feel we could enjoy our last day of vacation at ease and we did so by the pool until 2.
I'd recommend this hotel because of the enjoyment of the pool and the great staff - everything else was very tolerable considering we were very relaxed and had the right attitude to begin with. We would return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is a nice older hotel. Although not new inside, it was very clean. The staff were friendly at check in and the housekeeping staff were also friendly. The room was nice, but the bed was a bit soft for me. The hotel has a nice pool area, however, since the pool courtyard is in the middle of the hotel, most of the inside rooms face it and it can get loud when there are a lot of kids having fun. Our first night there (Saturday) it was loud in the pool area until about 10:00 or 10:30. The next night it was not bad at all. I guess it just depends on the type of groups staying there. This hotel is approx. 3 blocks from the 10 mile paved loop that goes along the Columbia River. The trail goes through beautiful park areas and has great views of the river and surrounding valley. You can walk, run, bike or just sit and enjoy the river. The hotel is also right near restaurants and stores including Red Robin, Buzz Inn Steakhouse, Target, Albertson's and JC Penney. The only real negative I have is with the buffet breakfast. Overall it was great, but the scrambled eggs on both days were runny. I have stayed at other Red Lion Hotels and not had the same experience so that was a little disappointing. But, some people prefer runny eggs.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool can be a little noisy and there is not view except the pool. Room on the outside have a view of the city or river and are a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple