“Probably as good as it gets in Wenatchee” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Lacey, Washington
“Probably as good as it gets in Wenatchee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Aside from the smaller rooms and the mediocre attitude by most of the staff, the stay at the Red Lion in Wenatchee was perfectly adequate. As with most Red Lion properties, the facility was older and had probably been remodeled at least once in recent years.

One of the more confusing aspects of the hotel was that it is built on a slope, so there are halfway points between floors that are unreachable by elevator. Though I requested a top floor room, I was given a ground floor room instead and found no way to get a luggage cart to my door. Rooms on the first floor were actually on 1 1/2, and the only way to access it was via stairs. I checked on both ends of the building but found no way to get a luggage cart to a "first" floor room.

Other than that, the bed was adequate, the room was quiet, the internet was acceptable, and the TV channels were numerous. All in all, this is probably one of the better places to stay if you have to get a hotel in Wenatchee.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies, and "first" floor rooms are actually below ground level by a few...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

The location is good, but the hotel is old, run down and smelly. We were there for a conference and some rooms had bugs. The toilet in mine had to be flushed two or three times to empty it. Housekeeping didn't vacuum the room while I was there. The rooms were nonsmoking but my reeked of cigarettes.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Amy M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. Although our property is mature, we take pride in providing great service along with clean and comfortable rooms. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues you pointed out with regard to the toilet in your room and the cigarette smell. In addition, we have a routine preventative pest elimination program in place and have not been made aware of any issues. Nevertheless, be assured that we are following up on that situation as well. Thank you again for your comments. We would be delighted to serve you again!

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. The staff is always nice and pleasant. We left an item in the room after we left and the staff was so cooperative in shipping it back to us. I would like to specifically thank Mike Gonzales for keeping on top of the shipping and keeping me informed when it would get delivered to our house.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the train tracks.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our property! I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also, for your kind words about our staff, and specifically, Mike Gonzales, who helped you out with an item that was left behind. Please be assured that we have passed along your comments to Mike and the entire staff. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend while we were "playing around" in Leavenworth. I was very impressed! The room was HUGE! (We had a room with a king bed) It had a balcony that faced the pool and a nice view of the hills. I really liked the "powder room" area (not sure what to call it!) That had a vanity and sink seperate from the bathroom. The bathroom itself had its own sink. The hotel was full when we stayed and it was very very quiet, you would never have known that the building was full. The room had a TV, microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker which are nice touches. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast buffet wasn't spectacular, just average breakfast fare of potatoes, bacon, sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal and several varieties of bread/english muffins. We would definetly stay here again!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Amy M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your review of our property! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Lion Hotel in Wenatchee. We truly appreciate your comments and kind words. We were delighted to have you as our guests and look forward to serving you again very soon!
Vernon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The hotel has been renovated recently - carpet, paint, wallpaper - but sadly she is showing her age. The doors, door knobs bathroom fixture all show the wrinkles of this old lady. It's been a while since I've seen a TV as old as was in our room. A rounded screen CRT TV in this day and age quite a surprise! We arrived early but they were able to find a clean room for us to check in. The toilet never stopped flushing in the ten minutes that we spent in the room. Rather than waiting for the maintenance person to fix the toilet, we opted for another room. The breakfast buffet at $6.95 was a bad joke - after a quick once over, we opted to go out. Paying for a poor version of the complimentary breakfast available in so many other motels just didn't seem worth it. Next time we are in Wenatchee we will find an other option.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize that your stay was less than you expected. We sincerely appreciate your comments, and will use this information to improve our product and services for all of our guests.Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We would be delighted to serve you again!
Yakima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked the Red Lion in Wenatchee for a central business location and I was asked to book a place with a bar, there are only a couple of options in Wenatchee. My room was fine, I slept fine, and it was quiet, I overlooked the pool which my son would've enjoyed had he been with me. The room does feel dated, and I'm always surprised when I DON'T find a flat screen t.v. in a hotel room. Overall, the room could use a pick me up, as could the hallways.

The front desk staff was nice and courteous, when we got there, there were a few people ahead of us but she moved quickly and got us checked in right away.

We went to a nice dinner, and were going to call a taxi and then the shuttle driver said she was going that way and could drop us off. She said it doesn't always work, but from time to time - we were very appreciative.

The Red Lion bar was okay, a bit dark, we were the only ones in there at first and it felt cavernous with its big dance floor. A few people strolled in which helped make it feel smaller.

I would stay there again, but would also look at rates of some newer properties as well.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Used to stay at a hotel down the road but, tried the Red Lion tonight and I can say I most likely wont go back to the last hotel. They upgraded me to a courtyard room being a red lion member and it was very quiet and nice view of the pool. Had a bit of a problem with some ants in my room (really) its summer! It was ok but,Called the desk and Maintanence was down quick to take care of the problem. TIM the Maint guy went out of his way to spray my room which I didn't want to leave, and wiped down everything! GREAT JOB TIM. I slept better. No more ants and he also went out of his way to get a new coffee pot, ect and luggage rack. NO maint person has ever gone that far for anything!!! ANYWHERE!! Great JOB TIM!
Also Lynn was Very friendly and outgoing! Will be back to this hotel when in the area again!

Room Tip: Walked around hotel, Its quite big so if you have issues just ask and I'm sure they will accommo...