“The best place in Wenatchee!!!!!”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Washington State
“The best place in Wenatchee!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel is the best hotel by far in Wenatchee!!! Staff is incredible, location is awesome and the restaurant is good. The rooms are HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!! The rooms also have a lot of amenities and are very nice! The pool is nice and big plus it is relaxing! STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We wanted a clean, reputable hotel with an outdoor pool for Memorial Day weekend. Paid in advance online and called ahead since we'd be getting in after the normal check-in time to make sure our room would still be ready. The manager was super helpful and friendly and eager to answer questions. He assured me the room was good to go.

Arrived, check-in was quick and easy. Found our room, opened the door and were surprised at how big it was. We got a room with two queens overlooking the pool. I was concerned we wouldn't get any sleep because of pool noise but it closed promptly at ten so no worries. The room and bathroom were large and clean, and the A/C was running when we got in so we were instantly comfortable. The sliding door to the balcony (which was an unexpected bonus) has an effective security bar. The bathroom is tiled and updated and big.

The pool opened at 9:00am the next day - I have to say I was impressed with how well the pool area is secured. No kid is getting in there unless they're a good climber. The busy holiday weekend left the pool water cloudy and pretty unappealing to adults. The kids, however, didn't hesitate whatsoever and swam for hours. I would urge the hotel to be a little more intentional with pool maintenance even when it's busy because it did look pretty nasty. But a good time was had by all nonetheless.

The hotel puts towels in the pool area for guests and there are plenty of reclining lounge chairs. I brought pillows out and extra towels to make things extra comfortable.

The staff is eager to help but easy going. I know where we're staying next time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 26 December 2008

Stayed at this property for one night in late December just before the Christmas Holiday. The hotel was nearly vacant but just right for our party of four (two adults and two small children).

We arrived late (after 8 pm) and were quickly checked in to our well equipped two queen room. The room was close walk from the front desk. We asked for a roll-a-way and it was waiting for us as we came to the room.

Room was large with two full queens and comfy pillow top beds. There was an old 27 inch tube tv, coffee station, desk (complimentary wireless that we did not try) and a lounge chair. Plenty of room for use. There was a sliding glass door (that we did not open) and a small balcony.

Typical Red lion set up and linens.

The bathroom had two sinks one outside the bathroom and one inside with standard tub/shower and toilet. Water pressure was pretty pathetic, but it is an older hotel that could use some love-as expected.

we had a great rate of 90 through AAA. probably could have got it cheaper through priceline but didn't want to get stuck at the other 3 star down the road (coast-gateway). Didn't see the pool, or use food services, but I'm sure they are more than adequate.

Staff was friendly and efficient, but I can't imagine their occupancy rate was more that 5 percent full. Heard the train roll through on two occasions during the night but was able to quickly go back to sleep.

I will stay here again if I ever need to stay in Wenatchee.

T

• Liked — Typical Red Lion touches-safe, clean, friendly and comfy beds
  • Disliked — water pressure and the train that rolls through while you sleep
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
california
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We booked 2 rooms from Oct 8-13, 2008 and were very pleased with the room, staff and restaurant.
The room is a typical Red Lion room, large with a sliding glass door, balcony, desk, reading chair, dual vanities, large closet, fridge and coffee maker.
The staff from the front desk to the cleaners to the restaurant and bar were all so nice and went out of their way to please us.
The restaurant was awesome! The food was consistantly good and the prices were cheap compared to the other places we visited. The French Onion Soup & Salad @ $6.25 was so good I had it 2 nights. We had the same waitress each time, brown hair in a pony tail, who was so nice and welcoming she made us feel right at home.
The only drawback is the train that runs in back of the hotel, but after the first night we were used to the rumbling and the beds were so comfortable I could have slept thru anything!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
haddonfield nj
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Red Lions are usually reliably decent, and this one is not an exception. Clean, reasonably appointed, this did all I needed while working in town for a week. The pool was clean, the hot tub very good, and the staff attentive and quick. Having the many food choices nearby was good too. All things considered, its a very good hotel.

• Liked — The hot tub!
  • Disliked — Nothing really bad there.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I was a little excited about staying here because I have never stayed in a Red Lion before and I paid a little more than usual because I thought it was going to be very fancy. Well it wasn't so fancy and the house cleaning and my room disappointed me. I booked my room, two queens no smoking, on their website and was told upon my arrival that they did not have one for me. Not because they sold out but because the house cleaning staff neglected to clean one for us. I was then told that the house cleaning had gone home for the evening and they could offer me a room with 1 queen. When I explained that there were 3 of us and I would prefer to have two beds they said they would give me a roll away at no cost. So I agreed and went off to my room. After we were in the room for an hour or two my wife discovered one of the end table drawers had garbage in it. By this time it was late and I knew that the cleaning staff had gone home so we just emptied it and went to bed. My 2-year-old daughter woke up in the middle of the night and when my wife took her to the bathroom found that our invoice had been slid under the door and they had charged me for the roll away. Very frustrating. Being the middle of the night I told my wife I would discuss it with them upon check out. Then the next morning when I was getting out of the shower I noticed something under the bathroom sink. When I got closer I realized it was one of the drinking glasses had been shattered on the floor and swept under the counter and left by the cleaning staff. I checked with my wife to confirm her or my daughter didn’t break it and she was as surprised as I was. Good thing none of us had stepped on it. The next morning when I checked out I told the person at the desk about all of the issues I had and she removed the roll away bed from the bill. She then told me I should have called them and they would have removed the garbage from the end table for me. She said she would notify the cleaning staff. I hope she did. The rest of my 4-night stay was spent at a little cheaper hotel down the road and I had no further issues. This hotel was not worth the extra cash for me.

Stayed August 2008

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Freeland (Seattle) WA
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Called the hotel Res. for Red Lion and booked an overnighter in Wenatchee since TA has this hotel rated highest for that City. When we got to Wentachee after a few hours driving from Monroe WA on a warm sunny Saturday , we pulled into a sleepy looking Red Lion hotel on the main strip in Wenatchee, kitty corner from what appeared to be the shopping mall. Check in was easy. The clerk looked up my booking and confirmed a rate that was off by a bit from the phone quote. No problem , I thought , mis-communications happen. After taking a room on the ground floor at parking lot - eye level, we made a decision to move to the third floor to avoid headlights with three young boys in the room in the evening. Good choice. after a quick switch to room 30_, we got the kids changed and headed for the pool . Pool was busy and oddly , the water was murky ....hmmmthats odd, were paying $150 a night for this ? ,I thought. In any case , the kids were less judgemental and we enjoyed the murky dip. Went out to dinner at the nearby Red Robin and then back for some TV down-time and off to bed.

Check-out was a breeze , and the bill was slipped under the door, $10 higher again....odd but i was to dis-interested to dig in and disagree...we took off to the Rocky Reach Dam , which was a fun experience.

Never to stay at the Red Lion again I guess. There was something really odd about this experience. The hotel had todays rates but a decor and an experience that was out of joint...

I'll try the Best Western next time I am in Wenatchee.

• Liked — nothing worth noting here
  • Disliked — pool was really sub-par,
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family