“Pet Friendly & More” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Yakima, WA
“Pet Friendly & More”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2006

We were in Wenatchee for a dog show and were looking for a pet friendly hotel. We found it at La Quinta, but we found more. The room was clean, the staff was friendly. There was a very nice continental breakfast with good selection and room to sit and eat. There was a Starbucks right across the parking lot. My friends stayed next door at the Holiday Inn. The two places were comprable in everything but price. La Quinta seems to be a good deal, and I would stay there again.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — no problems
  • Tips/Secrets — It's close to riverfront
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank joesan2c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Salida CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

On my recent visit to my son in Wenatchee, I needed a quiet, reasonably priced, comfortable and homey place that was pet friendly. LaQuinta Inn certainly fit the bill. I usually can't wait to get out of a hotel, but after 5 days here felt very relaxed and at home. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Their pet friendly status is way beyond "pet tolerant". There is a nice grassy area in back for walking a dog, which is difficult to find on this otherwise busy street. And when I unexpectedly adopted a kitten several days into my stay, there were no problems in bringing her to the room. I was in a very quiet area of the hotel that saw very little traffic from passing guests -- just the way I (and my dog) like it.
The only complaint I have is that after an extremely hot day, I was looking forward to a dip in the indoor pool. Unfortunately, the water was murky and not very appealing. I know it had seen a lot of use the previous day by several families with young children, and did not appear to have an adequate filtering system or to be properly maintained. I skipped the swim.
Despite that one disappointment, I would not hesitate to use this hotel the next time I visit the area. As a matter of fact, I plan on it.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Deborah G
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2006

This is an older property acquired by La Quinta, so is not truly up to their standards. Rooms are redone, clean & comfortable. Good breakfast, wi-fi, good staff. Our room was clean, but needed some minor maintainence which was attended to. Fitness area poor and in small room....like an afterthought. Good choice, overall, for Wenatchee.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gary B
Puyallup, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2005

This is not a typical La Quinta Inns & Suites. It is a small property that La Quinta has acquired and is in the process of updating. The rooms are on par with a moderately priced Best Western; they are not suites, but the typical room with a bath. Though the hotel has interior corridors and 3 floors, there is no elevator.

Our room was sparsely furnished, but the beds were comfy and furniture new. However, the bathroom was small and dirty. There was hair around the tub and large strip of black mildew on the top of the shower/tub stall. Our sink drained very slowly. Though most of our floor was designated as "non-smoking", the hall reeked strongly of cigarette smoke. The pool was nice and well-kept. The continental breakfast was good and there was a good variety of foods from which to choose. That said, the smoke odor and dirty bath turned us off. It was not worth $93.00/night.

In La Quinta's favor, they apologized profusely and reduced our bill by 1/2. That mollified us, but we will not stay there again. With time, it might turn out to be a good place to stay, but for now, it's rough around the edges and not like the typical La Quinta Inn. Buyer beware.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank LocalDiner_8
lq0467gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank you for staying with us. The problems in your room was addressed and I do hope that you will return and give us another try.