“Fifth graders get the ski bug at mission ridge”

Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort
Ranked #5 of 30 things to do in Wenatchee
More attraction details
Owner description: Mission Ridge is in the heart of Washington State where the jagged peaks of the Cascade Range meet the high rugged desert of eastern Washington. A volcanic past has created a ridge where snowcapped peaks shimmer on one side and the Columbia River rolls majestically through eastern Washington on the other. But don’t let the view distract you, Mission Ridge has over 2000 acres to explore. Carve tree lined groomers, float through wide open bowls, wiggle through glades or scream down narrow chutes. Now throw in tons of sunshine, heaps of dry snow, and reams of velvety corduroy and you have Washington’s most distinctive winter playground. Make us your Mission this season.
Cashmere, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fifth graders get the ski bug at mission ridge”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was born in this valley and my father brought me to learn to ski at Mission Ridge the first year it opened. My four sons ranging in age for 27 to 11 years old have all started skiing at two years old and have called Mission Ridge their home ski hill for life. I have had the opportunity to work beside the Mission Ridge ski school and patrol professionals, all very positive experiences.
From the instructor cadet programs, DEVO and now MRST. Mission Ridge is part of what defines our life.

A pinnacle of the Mission Ridge experience was watching the staff skillfully manage the Cashmere fifth grade class for their Mission Ridge introduction to skiing and snowboarding day.
This is an incredible undertaking, tapping the resources of Mission Ridge to bring lifelong joy into many children's life. I have had calls and conversations with many parents the following week that indicate that is just what you accomplished. A strong percentage of the kids had so much fun that their parents are looking for gear and looking at buying ski passes for next year.
I know the school programs are a daunting task, as I have been an instructor on many of those ski days. I felt impelled to let the management know that the program works. It is creating skiers and snowboarders. It is engaging youth in healthy activities which will help them stay healthy and happy for a lifetime. It is assuring that we have continued support for our ski area to continue in the future.

1 Thank Ray S

Bellevue, Washington
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Cruiser Heaven”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've loved this ski hill every since moving to Washington, and the high-speed lift that was added several years ago made this my favorite in the state, even if its far from home (Bellevue). No, its not as big as the hills in the passes, but the various choices of 1.5 mile cruising runs from the top provide plenty of variety, and the snow is so much better than areas to the west (drier and thus more easily kept in good condition by the hill managers). Groomers could be a bit more careful about leaving long divots when doing their packing in places, but for the most part this is as well-managed a ski hill as you'll find anywhere. Lastly, its location guarantees you won't put up with crowds like those areas within 90 minutes of Seattle, so you'll get way more vertical in for your lift ticket buck. The lodge is a bit small for a resort this size, but the small snack bar up on the hill is a good option if you're like me and only stop for lunch as a nutritional necessity when the skiing is as good as it frequently is at Mission Ridge!.

4 Thank Hollyrik
North Bend, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well Worth A Day Trip”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

These guys do a great job updating their website with current conditions and operating schedule early in the day....especially important for those of us coming from the West side of the Cascades. They also continue to have the best grooming I've seen anywhere. I hate to even submit this review out of fear that more will discover it but I've never been able to figure out why more people dont consider Mission. Its consistently the best in the State.

2 Thank JoshinMe
Manson, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Even on a bad day...”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Even on a bad snow day after a week of rain and having to close during the week for bad conditions it's better than any of the west side resort snow. Small crowds, good prices on tickets and food. This place is great.

1 Thank Erik M
Wenatchee, Washington
“Neighborly Service Combined with Killer Skiiing”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Thank you, Chris, for your kind, persistent help getting me unstuck in the parking lot! My son and his best friend so love the boarding experience at Mission, they brought 6 of their friends up! Everyone had a blast and we will be making frequent use of your wonderful mountain. Thank you!