“Nice big rooms”

Avenue Motel
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
“Nice big rooms”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The rooms are large and well equipped, there was a heater in the bathroom and a cooker, fridge, microwave, pots and pans etc.
The nearby road doesn't have much traffic after 5pm so noise wasn't a problem.
The management were quite helpful, giving advise on where to eat in town and what to do.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank brycephillips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Scotch Creek, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We returned home from Wenatchee yesterday and stayed at the Avenue Motel in Wenatchee for 4 nights. Normally we switch after a night or two but this time we stayed put. We had a friendly welcome which made us feel at home and the service while we were there was just as friendly. The room was comfortable, clean, and not overpriced. The bed was really nice and we had good sleeps, which in some places you just can't. We like to walk and found most places we wanted to see could be accessed on foot. We did take the car on occasion and found getting around Wenatchee was easy from this location. We are thinking about returning to Wenatchee in the fall and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: if you want a room that is comfortable and clean for a good price , stay here. Service is friendly.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne5502
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2012

First off the outer decor is very different from what you usually see, and yes nice landscaping. We had two rooms one with two queens and one with one both were clean and spacious with mini fridge and microwave, I stayed in the bigger of the two and was very pleased with the amount of space and general cleanliness. Only downside is the towels were rough and yes one was stained, not DIRTY just stained. If you're used to staying at a five star hotel this probably wouldnt be up to your standards, but luckily im not too fancy lol over all not a bad place to lay your head after a long day in Wenatchee and yes definitely try out Prospectors across the street, we showed up about twenty minutes before closing and they welcomed us!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank milulo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have booked large groups at the Avenue Motel for the past 5 years and keep going back because of the value. Though not luxurious, the rooms are clean, the beds are good and the tiled bathrooms are spacious and well designed. The management is very courteous and helpful and the location could not be better. Prospector Pies, across the street, serves the best breakfast in town and Tequila's Restaurant next door is a very good Mexican restaurant. Parking is excellent and access to rooms couldn't be more convenient. If you want luxury, you can get it by paying twice as much at another hotel, but the Avenue Motel gives outstanding value to those wishing to rest in a clean spacious room. I have made my reservation for next year. Mark Fogelquist, Teacher • San Diego

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark F
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I work as a travel writer. I have never been employed by this property, nor am I related to anyone employed by this company. My only connection with this property is that I stayed there
as a guest.

They prominently advertised very low rates on their street sign. Ocne I stopped and proceeded
to sign in, I was told that there were no more room available at the advertised rates. ( This was despite the fact that it was off season and there were barely any cars in the parking lot).
This was very distrubing to me, it is a classic "Bait and Switch" scam which is illegal under Washington State Law.

When I protested, I was eventualy given a room at the advertised price.

I did follow up a few days later with a call to the local Hotel Association. I was told that they had
had "A series of previous complaints of this nature.... but we aere a voluntarily organization with no enforcement abilities".

Room itself was filthy. There was a very odd unclean smell about the room, sort of a mixture of stale cigarette smell and dog urine.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kelly B

Travellers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 October 2011

There was just me so I stayed in a basic room with one bed. The sign outside says "Rooms for $35". Not sure where they keep the $35 rooms as I had the basic nothing special room and it cost me $75. The room was clean. As far as I am concerned the rooms best feature was the large walk-in shower. But, the very low water pressure was a dispointment. Forget the breakfast, there is nothing but muffins to eat. They had tea bags out but no hot water in site. I would only stay here again if it were the only motel with a room left in Wenatchee. Not a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband stayed here while working on Dam, woke up to bed bugs everywhere small large, went to show front desk they asked if he wanted money back but not for previous night! Glad to get what money he got and left. Are they everywhere in Wenatchee?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business